Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

^Definitely. Most larger Antique shops will have what you're looking for. And it will be nearly as sturdy as the Ikea building itself.

Comment

• munch
      • Aug 2008

ah yeah. I'm going to look tomorrow and see if I can find any.

anyway:

I love this house... everything about it is so good!

Comment

• raddy
        • Oct 2008

That master bedroom is jawdropping epic gorgeous. Love that dresser with a million slightly asymmetrical drawers. I'm always envious of the flooring in designer homes; it makes me want to rip off my current hardwood and replace it with birch or ebony. >.<

Some random pieces I liked while trying to find something totally different:
        Last edited by raddy; 10-10-2009, 05:18 PM.
        Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• mw000
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by raddy View Post
          That master bedroom is jawdropping epic gorgeous. Love that dresser with a million slightly asymmetrical drawers. I'm always envious of the flooring in designer homes; it makes me want to rip off my current hardwood and replace it with birch or ebony. >.<

Some random pieces I liked while trying to find something totally different:
          Some cool pieces on there. I looked at the top left for my apartment but couldn't justify the price for a bunch of sticks.

I have spent some ridiculous amount on a few pieces, but that was overboard!

Comment

• mw000
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
            Some cool pieces on there. I looked at the top left for my apartment but couldn't justify the price for a bunch of sticks.

I have spent some ridiculous amount on a few pieces, but that was overboard!
            The George Nelson Coconut chair looks sweet. I've never sat in it before though

Comment

• YoungM
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by munch View Post
              ah yeah. I'm going to look tomorrow and see if I can find any.

anyway:

I love this house... everything about it is so good!
              Absolutely gorgeous. Simple, and looks like it would be incredibly serene. I also love that dresser, as well as the bathroom. vv

Comment

• mw000
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by surver View Post
                I looked at these but I didn't really understand why you would want a bagless vac. When you empty it, some of the dust flies back into the air!

They do look pretty badass though.

I got a Miele and absolutely love it! Its compact, powerful has a swiveling head and retractable power cable. It uses replacement mini bags which is pretty convenient

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
                  I looked at these but I didn't really understand why you would want a bagless vac. When you empty it, some of the dust flies back into the air!

They do look pretty badass though.

I got a Miele and absolutely love it! Its compact, powerful has a swiveling head and retractable power cable. It uses replacement mini bags which is pretty convenient
                  I could be wrong, but I think it's called caring for the environment.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I could be wrong, but I think it's called caring for the environment.
                    And it's immensely satisfying (and slightly disturbing at the same time) to see the dust pile up in the transparent container.
                    It IS a mess though every time you empty it.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

On another note, I am looking for a floor lamp, the wife is suggesting the Flos Arco, but I feel that would be a bit predictable in the same way an Eames or Barcelona chair are.

What other alternatives would you go for?

Here's the contender in case you don't know it:
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• diamonds
                        • Dec 2006

i'm not sure
                        but there are so many of that style lamp available i think you ought to go shopping around to find one you really like as a substitute

if thats the style of lamp you want?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                          if thats the style of lamp you want?
                          I just want some light in my living room, we have a lovely chandelier, but it's powered by 25 watt bulbs, which is the same as lighting a match in a cave.
                          It's an old Victorian house with lots of minimalist furniture and the Arco just feels a bit too 60s and cliche to me. And of course I will do some shopping around, was just curious if someone here had seen anything exciting recently.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

does the light have to come downwards like that?

the Colombo 626 is one of my favourite floor lamps:

this one by Oluce is also pretty nice:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• diamonds
                              • Dec 2006

minimalist as in white? i dont know who makes them but there are a lot of tradition looking all white lamps that look kind of cool paired with minimal furniture. the look might be too 'contemporary' though.

lamps are so hard

I kind of like this one. It's fairly minimal and soft so it probably won't stand out... if you have white walls. hah.

this noguchi one is cool too but it might look too modern if that's what you're avoiding.

i dont know why i keep picking paper ones.
                              Last edited by diamonds; 10-19-2009, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Not so sure about the paper ones, although I did see a nice one this weekend. I guess the additional problem I have is that it needs to be childproof-ish and the Oluce ones are going to be sideways in no time. In terms of light direction, I generally prefer indirect light that's reflected from the ceiling.

I might have a look at this one actually, it's 6' tall. I might just need to screw it to the floor

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎