• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

^or maybe not yet

/

Last edited by fenrost; 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• swami
      • Jul 2008

Comment

• swami
        • Jul 2008

The above can be had for less that a pair of CCP boots, But if you want to tread in the RO leather Jackets region...

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I need ideas with nightstands / bedside drawers... needs to have at least one drawer in it, and maybe a shelf. or two drawers. fairly low, not huge.

I like this but I'm pretty sure its ridicilously expensive, plus I'm not sure if I want a white frame:

something like this looks awesome, but no drawer and finding anything like this is close impossible:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• armor
            • Jun 2008

so who makes the nightstand with the white frame?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

picture is from some NY based store, the name of which I can't seem to remember right now... Faust?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• droogist
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                something like this looks awesome, but no drawer and finding anything like this is close impossible:
                Try visiting the your local art academy - there'll be stuff like that lying around all over the place.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

and just steal something?

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

the last stand is a possible DIY, time for you to try out some concrete casting? :) to find the right wood with proper beat up and e.t.c. is of course the hardest part... art schools wasn't really a bad idea!

or if you buy the wood now, and let it stay outside while you endlessly search for a proper nightstand, it might just have gotten the right patina when you find another one you like ...so there's really no point.

fortunately for me, we don't really have any space for nightstands so I haven't bother too look. but when we move this summer (hopefully) we'll get some more space. and actually one of the better solutions I found is a combined bed and shelfsystem from IKEA.. if they just could make their shit out of real wood and not those MDF's and badley done fake surfaces (TRÄFANÉR!).

Comment

• coup de grace
                      x
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      picture is from some NY based store, the name of which I can't seem to remember right now... Faust?
                      bddw

beautiful stuff

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                        the last stand is a possible DIY, time for you to try out some concrete casting? :) to find the right wood with proper beat up and e.t.c. is of course the hardest part... art schools wasn't really a bad idea!
                        I thought about it, but I'd prefer to have a drawer in them and I'm not sure how it'd look in something like that. plus making the drawer work and align properly might be a bit challenging, I don't know if I have the patience

I think the top is actually metal though.

right now I'm thinking of making something like the first one, using an excisting drawer frame and adding a wooden panel like that. will think about it..

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                        ah yes! they have some really nice things

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

Just got these from a friend :

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Now, a concrete casted bedstand would not be a bad idea.. Would be neat to try to cast one with glides and a drawer.. Imagine that!
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

lowrey, yes it looks like rusted metal, concrete was just an option. shouldn't be too hard to make a top in metal either, and just let it sit outside during spring and let it rust.

and regarding drawers, you probaly just could buy the skeleton from IKEA or likewise and then dress it with your choice of fabric.

bddw had some awesome stuff, got me eager to try some stuff out, I love the use of glossy white with the very strong rustic oxidized maple. should figure out where one should go to get some nice wood (pun intended)?
                              Last edited by bestial; 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Ochre
                                • Sep 2009

BDDW is amazing. Everything is custom made to order by hand and all of their wood is gathered from already fallen trees (and actually created right here in Philadelphia). So as you can imagine their prices match the quality. I asked when I was in the show room once how much a credenza would cost and she estimated around $10-$15k.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎