Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

yeah, prices are high... their captains mirror is like $1500? can't wait to see the stuff in person though.

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

and btw, the owl statues in the side table picture... where are they from, also bddw (accessories) ? I have a feeling that I have seen something alike in some stores here... would love to get a little golden owl.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
        • Feb 2009

Check out furniture (and architecture) by Shigeru Ban.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

i was oddly attracted to one of these at a local antique mart in a ugly yellow velour, but the brass had a really great patina. i'm thinking about picking it up as a project. i think the arm rests would look great in a thick aged belt leather - not sure what kind of fabric would be good to match the aged look of the rest of the chair though... any ideas?

also

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

DWR Annex sale tomorrow and Sunday in Secaucus NJ. There's a free shuttle from the Wooster St store and back.

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

I need a couch for my new apartment. I don't even know what I want, but my max budget is $2,000 including tax/shipping. Any suggestions?

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Mike if you really want a Nice Italian Sofa Like Living Divani or Molteni B&B Italia etc you might want to visit the showrooms & ask about floor models , I have seen those marked down more than 50% loads of times.
                Or then your best bet is the likes of Crate & Barrel & such who make decent Sofas for under 2K

Comment

• Avyer
                  • Dec 2007

Same boat. I really haven't found anything yet... Went and looked at a chaise/couch combo..... 7500. But it came in recycled vintage army tent...

=/

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  I need a couch for my new apartment. I don't even know what I want, but my max budget is $2,000 including tax/shipping. Any suggestions?
                  Remember, be here now.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Mike, your best bet is Craigslist, honestly. Just keep combing through it. Good furniture is so ridiculously expensive these days that it's absolutely unattainable for a regular guy with a Julius leather.

I got seriously lucky on Craigslist once. I bought my Maurice Villency wardrobe there for $1700, delivered and assembled by the store crew. Something like this went for $8k back then, and for about $12k today.

Anyway, I feel lucky that I got most of my furniture back in 00 when European furniture was actually more or less affordable.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a new couch myself.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                      • Nov 2007

I'm looking for suggestions for a dinette set for my combo living/dining area. It needs to be narrow, about 35" wide would be ideal. Primarily for 2 people but if there is a longer table that might be able to work for 3 or 4 people that would be great.

Here are some pics of the space, mostly black and white furniture the room has yellow/gold accessories (my landlord's choice, not mine) I'm planning on placing it below the chandelier shown below. I'd like to keep it simple and open (maybe glass top?)

I'd like to look in the ~$500 range for a table and 2 chairs but I'd be willing to go up to ~$1000 if I was in love with a piece.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                        • May 2008

got this BESTLITE by Gubi lamp as a gift

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I don't have a particular suggestion but regarding the price range, I'd go with something generic for the table and focus more on the chairs. mainly for the reason that you can find a nice simple, clean lined table for fairly cheap, but with chairs its a bit more challenging.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• thaiison
                            • Dec 2009

been looking for a metal clothing rack for a long time now and finally found a second hand store that made these and ordered one. I had some trouble getting it on the bus home but it was worth it, so happy.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

clean and simple, I like it!

cleaver thing to make it a square. but I haven't decided yet if it would be better without it or not.

Comment

• thaiison
                                • Dec 2009

are you referring to to bottom bar? i think it makes the rack look better but in terms of usage it's not as good. At the moment i store my shoeboxes there and i have to tilt them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎