Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

Roman blinds are usually forgotten but can be nice. However, you pretty much need to go the custom route if you want any decent window coverings.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

cosign on drapes being difficult, hence why we've never had any.. our next apartment will have a full wall of windows, so pretty much any sort of drapes might be too much. I guess we will stick to basic blinds.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i remembered in paris they had these metal shutters that you crank to get full blackout. i wouldn't mind getting that except it would never pass fire code here..

isn't there some type of electronic glass that will dim/change opacity?
        this is 2011 ffs..

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ADyHB29AuFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For darkening purpose I have metal shutters between the outer and inner windows. This kind is pretty leaky though, but I don't like to wake up in a completely dark room

For dimmable windows, they seem to have it on airplanes (Boeing etc.), it might be a concept only though. But search youtube for dimmable windows and you'll see.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
            isn't there some type of electronic glass that will dim/change opacity? this is 2011 ffs..
            Yes, there are a few electrochromic window options out there but they come at an extremely high price. One type has a light transmittance of 5 to 80% and there is another type that uses liquid crystals which blocks 90% of light when on.
            THE HOUSE OF DIS
            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

I think I have always preferred transparency or something
              that really doesn't do a good job of keeping lights out.
              Drapes that only takes a limited amount of lights out.
              Something very simple. Something that's not really
              suitable for street level.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

i taped brown craft paper on my window until i can find a decent enough window cover. i feel like a hobo squatter..

saw this bathroom with a glass water reservoir online. pretty neat..

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

^^ things like that always look great in principle, but practically speaking, it would be a bitch to clean.

Still...very cool.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• moderninc2010
                    • Jan 2011

can u keep fish in that water tank in the middle?

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

and watch them flush down your toilet?
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                        Here's one of my favourite desks from Poul Kjaerholm
                        this is stunning C any other alternative that looks similar but not that price tag..? I have seen some fixs and match diy from ikea which is quite nice but the top/wood that are available were quite limited...
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

do any good looking and comfortable rocking chairs exist? other than a RAR, it feels kind of played out and its not that good to sit in due to being so low.

I thought about getting a vintage one, but haven't found any that I like. most are too decorative and others just plain ugly. I guess I have to make a chair....

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

^^ Hans Wegner comes to mind, but very $$$.

Cheaper and easier to find vintage would be Thonet. Watch out for fakes though.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

both might be too traditional for my taste. I know some Wegner chairs are a bit more streamlined, will have to have a look. I guess rocking chairs are not that popular.

too bad Poul Kjaerholm never made a rocking chair, something deriving from the pk22 could've been nice.

this Panton would've made a cool rocker:

Comment

• doldrums
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                do any good looking and comfortable rocking chairs exist? other than a RAR, it feels kind of played out and its not that good to sit in due to being so low.

I thought about getting a vintage one, but haven't found any that I like. most are too decorative and others just plain ugly. I guess I have to make a chair....

palo in brooklyn makes nice Nakashima esque rocking chairs....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎