X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

What color should I paint my living room?

I have: oatmeal couch with dark brown legs, black/walnut brown book cases, black stereo/TV stand (black stereo components/TV).

I am thinking to do a very light gray, but not sure. And I hate going to those store where there are five million color shades - they give me headache. And where to get good paint?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      What color should I paint my living room?

I have: oatmeal couch with dark brown legs, black/walnut brown book cases, black stereo/TV stand (black stereo components/TV).

I am thinking to do a very light gray, but not sure. And I hate going to those store where there are five million color shades - they give me headache. And where to get good paint?
      I was thinking light-medium grey as well. You could even go relatively dark if you wanted to take a chance (depending on light, etc.)

I always buy Benjamin Moore...I've tried a few different paints and they all seem relatively close in performance. I made the mistake of buying $$$ Farrow & Ball paint...it was exactly the same as any other cheap shit.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

WWDD - what would Dick do? it might sound funny, but I often think of Rick's colour palette when choosing a colour for something, whether its a carpet, fabric or even wall colour

I would go with light grey or dark grey / nearly black. medium grey can easily fail and end up looking stale imo.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Hard to discuss colour online (with different monitors, etc.), but something like this:

...in other words, a grey with brown undertones.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I know, I know, just shooting in the dark here. This may work well. I was thinking maybe a hint of lavender or plum. But I don't know a first thing about home improvement. Should be a fun project.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              WWDD - what would Dick do? it might sound funny, but I often think of Rick's colour palette when choosing a colour for something, whether its a carpet, fabric or even wall colour

I would go with light grey or dark grey / nearly black. medium grey can easily fail and end up looking stale imo.
              Actually, all kidding aside, I was thinking just that. I want something earthy, like Rick's house.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

Light grey sounds good - and with some brown or flowerish purple tones (with the reservation of it getting pink in some lightnings).

On this note, Ochre's recent WAYWT showed a green/blue color that it awesome! I would want to have that, but I'm to afraid and do all white.

Edit: I like this one, Adagio

Comment

• larssss
                  • Jun 2008

Does anyone have any experience with the Vitsoe 606 shelving system? Would you recommend it? Thoughts, opinions? Thanks.

Comment

• nadir
                    • May 2011

Has anyone seen any photos anywhere of Pepe Heykoop's collaboration with Ann D? I remember seeing a fantastic chair made of Ann's fabric in a shop by Pepe.

Comment

• nadir
                      • May 2011

similar in shape to his soft oak chair:

Comment

• sargon97
                        • Jan 2009

I know there has been some discussion on the matter, but I did not find anything definitive. As my apartment does not have proper closets I need to find a clothing/wardrobe storage solution. As I rent I don't want to spend 5k on a system that I can't move with very easily. The only thing I have really seen are the Ikea units. Does any one have experience with these or other recommendations?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                          I know there has been some discussion on the matter, but I did not find anything definitive. As my apartment does not have proper closets I need to find a clothing/wardrobe storage solution. As I rent I don't want to spend 5k on a system that I can't move with very easily. The only thing I have really seen are the Ikea units. Does any one have experience with these or other recommendations?
                          Rolling racks? Ikea units are so...shitty. They literally fall apart (save for maybe the solid wood ones). Either way, they're ugly.

Comment

• sargon97
                            • Jan 2009

Racks can work in some situations, but I don't think all that many. I don't think thats going to work for me. Looking more for an wardrobe unit. I agree Ikea is shitty, but I'm not seeing many other cost effective systems out there...

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                              Racks can work in some situations, but I don't think all that many. I don't think thats going to work for me. Looking more for an wardrobe unit. I agree Ikea is shitty, but I'm not seeing many other cost effective systems out there...
                              Then I would just treat it as a "temporary solution" and get something from Ikea that isn't so expensive that you'll think twice about throwing it out when you move.

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

but be prepared that the ikea wardrobes will fall apart in 6 months or so...

you might want to check home depot and the like?

sometimes restoration hardware has nice stuff that goes on sale at a big discount...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎