Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

a beautifully designed and crafted limited edition bamboo chair by Jeff Shi Da-Yue

Comment

• surver
      • Oct 2007

and a couple of tea sets he designed in collaboration with some of the most influential contemporary chinese artists...

w Yue Ming Jun

w Chen Chi-Kwan:

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I need a new couch and an arm chair. HELP.
        Budget? Style?
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• kvjan
          • Nov 2009

Faust, I have been looking for an armchair for ages, and it has been difficult. Many of the better examples are priced like sofas, which is unfortunate. A store in Toronto, Kiosk, carries quite a few interesting brands, and their website, kioskdesign.ca, has a huge list of armchairs with photos.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Fuck... Just missed out on a PK22 in a sweet brown hue with lots of patina for a great price just cause I don't have a god damn car or a friend who could lend me his.

Context - Chairs

Comment

• you just described my dream chair

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

I probably will beat myself to death thinking that I should've taken a buss and hassle around with a chair with all the other passangers and a stressed out chauffeur.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                  Fuck... Just missed out on a PK22 in a sweet brown hue with lots of patina for a great price just cause I don't have a god damn car or a friend who could lend me his.

Context - Chairs
                  I would have carried it home.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

a couple of beautiful armchairs by michael yeung for HALO, albeit not your conventional kind... but they ARE super comfortable and sleek at the same time...

www.michael-yeung.com

of course, if you're looking for more 'old school', halo's main line provides all that... in distressed leather etc..

www.haloasia.com

their esquire line has one of the most comfortable armchairs i've ever sat in, called the commodore (www.esquirehomecollection.com). it's a beautiful 2-material very classic looking chair with a modern twist (i hate to describe things like this but essentially this is what it is):

there's a black leather + charcoal grey wool version i like better.

(btw, a large portion of restoration hardware's stuff come from halo)

... and of course, the armchair of all armchairs -

POLTRONA FRAU's 1919

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

faust, check out:

they started out by copying the likes of b&b italia and flexform (down to the nut and bolt) and over the years have perfected their craft and are now embarking on original designs. i heard, they are so good that, rather then suing them for copyright infringement etc, b&b italia instead approached them to do oem...

Comment

• surver
                        • Oct 2007

another favourite: Franco Albini's Fiorenza Armchair

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          Budget? Style?
                          small (3.5k for a couch, 2 for a chair). no fucking clue! :-)

I don't know whether to keep contemporary, or go back in time. definitely no danish mid-century or eames or modernist classics or any of that. I want earthy colors - grays, aubergine, etc...

I found this louis IX repro at ABC and I like them. I like the idea that it's a stripped down repro and not something that's trying to copy the real thing.

Revamp your living room, den, or sitting room with abc home's exquisite collection of sofas, offering a diverse range of shapes, colors, and fabrics to enhance your home's aesthetics and comfort. Whether you're in search of a modern sofa, sleeper sofa, or classic sofa, our curated selection encompasses a variety of options to match your design and relaxation preferences.

They have also a loveseat and a chair in the same style.

Server, the website looks very good, I must say. Do they ship to the US?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

who? camerich or halo? camerich has 2 showrooms in the states - seattle and las vegas (check their site)... halo i'm sure they have reps in the states, they're actually a british company.

you might also want to take a look at:

if you're looking for more classic/retro/vintage looking stuff...

all the above companies have a bulk of their business in the states so getting things there shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

^ that Edra sofa is beautiful. Their offerings are ridiculously priced at retail, so it's pretty much the only time I would ever think of buying anything from them.

Faust - that sofa is so completely opposite to what I thought you were going to like that I'm pretty much at a loss as to suggestions.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Haha, don't worry. I don't know myself. I usually gravitate towards contemporary stuff like B&B, Cassina, Zanotta, Ligne Roset, etc., but now I am starting to feel like maybe they are a bit too cold (and fucking expensive) and I am starting to gravitate more towards the wabi-sabi spirit. I think I want something with gray linen slipcovers or something like that.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎