X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

I hear ya...my B&B sofa is 8 feet long & 5 feet deep. It's become a total elephant that I have to lug around to each apartment I move to.

One of the reasons I went with B&B was because the covers were removable - not so! If you did manage to get the covers off, there's no way in hell you'd get them back on.

Another reason was that I could recover in the future - again, not plausible. I got a quote two or so years ago - 8 grand. Fuck me.

Ligne Roset lamp is an interesting design...I love things that transform.

While we'd on the discussion of lamps, I'm sure I've pushed these before, but if I haven't - Jielde!!!

Tons of models, tons of colors & finishes...all hand made in France, and they use conductive joints instead of running wire. Very pratical and beautiful. You can often find floor models on sale at various retailers.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^ I've coveted the Flag chair since I first saw it...it's so beautiful, so comfortable, but as you said, stupid expensive. Most of the PP Mobler stuff is like that, so aside from the impeccable quality, the name alone adds to the price.

The Bertoia chairs just don't work for me. With the pad, they're pretty darn comfortable at first...but the point at which the chair hits the back of your knees tends to drive me crazy after a while....especially in the lounge/bird chair.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• aussy
        • Jul 2011

Just got hand-me-down'd a 70s repro barcelona chair (unfortunately sans ottoman). Guess I'm going modern... (bauhaus?)

anyone have any pics of this char being used in room design? (and not with other barcelona chairs)

the only ones I can find are rooms full of them
        Last edited by aussy; 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Eternal
          Thinking about buying a couple of Tolix chairs, but how comfortable are they in reality? I guess my other option is the Phillipe Starck Louis Ghost chairs. Love both, and would potentially just get the most comfortable ones and buy one of the other one and have it in the corner of the bedroom eventually.

I've been sitting in both, but I found none of them to be uncomfortable. If anything, I find the ghost chairs to possibly be a bit flimsy.
          My vote goes to the tolix...they're great. The kartell chairs are fine, but they get the shit scratched out of them in no time.

Originally posted by aussy View Post
          Just got hand-me-down'd a 70s repro barcelona chair (unfortunately sans ottoman). Guess I'm going modern... (bauhaus?)

anyone have any pics of this char being used in room design? (and not with other barcelona chairs)

the only ones I can find are rooms full of them
          They're hard to pull off in singles...they were meant to be in groups. Whatever you end up doing, I would keep it at a right-angle (perpendicular to your sofa) and not on an angle.

Comment

• Skye X
            • Oct 2010

I found this shop last night, and I think I need all of his stuff: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SZOSTAK

Especially this:

Comment

• aussy
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              They're hard to pull off in singles...they were meant to be in groups. Whatever you end up doing, I would keep it at a right-angle (perpendicular to your sofa) and not on an angle.
              Hah just my luck

Originally posted by Eternal
              Aussy, I'm with Dane. Depending on the size of your apartment/ house just put it in the hallway or the bedroom and nonchalantly throw jackets or bags onto it.
              I wish I got hand-me-downs like that. Not that I ever wanted the Barcelona chair badly. If I could make it work I'd put a worn out daybed close to the wall, fill it with pillows and use it as a sofa though.
              I'll probably end up doing just that. I think it'd make a great bedroom chair. Now I just need to find an apartment with painted white floors and I can start creating the space I have in mind I never wanted one either, but it was way too good to pass up. She had an old repro Arco? lamp as well, which I'm guessing she kept.

Comment

• JacobChristian
                • Feb 2011

lighting

I'm trying to figure out where to find these lights, or figure out what they are even called for that matter. They are basically rods, or bars of light, almost like star wars lightsabers which softly illuminate a room. You can see them in Lagerfeld's bedroom in Lagerfeld Confidential. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH41ZNEQyO0 skip to :50, right by the mantle. I think they give a nice glow and I want to purchase some for my bedroom but the closest thing I can find are LED strips.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by JacobChristian View Post
                  I'm trying to figure out where to find these lights, or figure out what they are even called for that matter. They are basically rods, or bars of light, almost like star wars lightsabers which softly illuminate a room. You can see them in Lagerfeld's bedroom in Lagerfeld Confidential. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH41ZNEQyO0 skip to :50, right by the mantle. I think they give a nice glow and I want to purchase some for my bedroom but the closest thing I can find are LED strips.
                  Here's an affordable, yet not identical option:

Gus* is a modern furniture company that is passionate about design. Our mission is to make beautiful, original, quality furnishings that bring people together and enhance the spaces where they live and work.

There's also a lamp made by Flos that attaches to the wall...typically used horizontally, but I imagine could also be used vertically.

Some other pricey options:

FLAT P - Design Free-standing lights from Metalarte ✓ all information ✓ high-resolution images ✓ CADs ✓ catalogues ✓ contact information ✓..

FLAT P - Design Free-standing lights from Metalarte ✓ all information ✓ high-resolution images ✓ CADs ✓ catalogues ✓ contact information ✓..
                  Last edited by Dane; 01-09-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Roturador
                    • Jan 2011

dining chair

i am looking for a pair of four dining chairs.
                    what do you guys think of these?
                    Thonet 210

Massproduction Waiter Chair

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

You can never go wrong with Thonet...they've been popular for 175 years for a reason. The other one is okay, but meh.

Comment

• Roturador
                        • Jan 2011

You can never go wrong with Thonet...they've been popular for 175 years for a reason. The other one is okay, but meh.
                        yep i favor the thonet aswell.
                        it evokes more impressions.

the waiter chair is just simple and says minimalistic.
                        i probaby got carried away by that nice promo shot:
                        Waiter-Chair

Comment

• JacobChristian
                          • Feb 2011

Thank you

Here's an affordable, yet not identical option:

Gus* is a modern furniture company that is passionate about design. Our mission is to make beautiful, original, quality furnishings that bring people together and enhance the spaces where they live and work.

There's also a lamp made by Flos that attaches to the wall...typically used horizontally, but I imagine could also be used vertically.

Some other pricey options:

http://www.architonic.com/pmsht/flat-metalarte/1018990

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Roturador View Post
                            yep i favor the thonet aswell.
                            it evokes more impressions.

the waiter chair is just simple and says minimalistic.
                            i probaby got carried away by that nice promo shot:
                            Waiter-Chair
                            What table are you pairing them with?

Comment

• Roturador
                              • Jan 2011

What table are you pairing them with?
                              i dont have anything specific in mind, just some ideas. maybe one antique kitchen table with a rough worn in patina - that would probably be the easiest.
                              if i get the chance maybe something elemental like a raw metal plate.
                              also thought about concrete or raw wooden planks.
                              anyways the thonet chairs are so sophisticated that something rougher could pair nicely. i think i wont go for a "clean" designer on this one.
                              or you could recommend me something, if you got an idea on this one.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I'm not one for mixing wood with wood...unless one or the other is painted. I'd personally go with something metal, or even glass. Not sure what your budget is, so I won't make any specific rec's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎