Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

lowrey speaks the truth, forgot that Fork also comes as a ceiling lamp, although I must agree that the floor lamp is better. Maybe could work next to a table?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

or, if you have a high ceiling, take the floor one, turn it around and attach it to the ceiling
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        or, if you have a high ceiling, take the floor one, turn it around and attach it to the ceiling
        first thing that came to mind

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          (expensive..)
          i've only recently been looking at furniture lately. seeing what's out there, pricing out, budgeting and almost always, when i walk in to a store, without knowing what the prices are, i'm always drawn to the most expensive thing they sell..

me: hey, that looks really nice.

sa: it's a florence knoll credenza.

me: how much is it?

sa: $10,000.

me: oh, ok..

thanks for the suggestions on lighting. i'll have to really study these in a store and make a decision when the furniture gets in. the foscarini lamps look great, but very expensive..

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

pretty sure I saw the Vin Diesel ceiling one for around 350€, which isn't much compared to some of Maurer ones (the kabokov is like $2k)
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

yes or no? for a round table that is 48"

both lamps are about 28" in diameter (i feel this is too big)
              next size down would be a 17" in diameter but less light..

lzf link suspension (wood verneer ribbon lamp)
              100w light

lzf gea pendant
              180w light.
              again, wood veneer shade with bottom diffuser
              it serves all my lighting needs for the room, but do i really want circle on top of circle? there's no contrast in shape..

Last edited by endersgame; 01-31-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

I would go for the top one in this case, to break the circular form.

What's the tables diameter, in contrast to the lamps width?

And, I got a question myself, Lowrey think you know this one. The Flos Parentesi, the bulb is not included, right? Have you seen what people use as bulbs now days? At least Sweden is changing to all low energy bulbs, halogen and LED so the intended bulb for it will be hard (impossible) to find in a couple of years.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

you should be able to find a similar halogen powered bulb as most of the classic incandescent are now made with a halogen bulb built inside. for example something like this or this.

the fluorescent energy saver bulbs are for the most part terrible, and most LEDs are not yet developed enough to provide the same light.
                  I mostly use Osram Eco Halogen bulbs, they have a nice white light, brighter than incandescent ones. Philips Eco Classic halogens are super bright, I'm buying them from now on.

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

Thank you for the tips, those seems to be perfect for the purpose. I've been using several different eco/low energy bulbs the last couple of years. But I've never been on the look for these flat shaded (spotlight) bulbs.

I bought a the Philips Eco Classic last time I went to get bulbs, very good. They don't give the stale cold light you sometimes get, especially with LED.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                      • Jan 2008

"Pariserlampen", Sketch, Developed 1925, PH.

"Opalglaslampen", Boxing match 1930, Developed 1926, PH.

"Septima", Sketch, Developed 1927-31, PH

"Koglen", Sketch, Developed 1957-58, PH.

"PH5", Developed 1958, PH.

Poul Henningsen at his desk.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

bestial, either one was just 10" less than the diameter of the table, which almost eclipse each other. i don't have a high ceiling so it's going to look really odd. i feel the ribbon lamp needs height to breath.. in a cramped room, it might look terrible..

i ended up ordering a marcel wanders moooi hang lamp..

it's pretty basic and gets the job done. and it's 26" diameter so it's half the size of the table which balances everything out..

i'm just not sure on the color. i wanted grey, but there was only graphite available. we'll see how it lights...

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

graphite is nice, I'm sure you'll like it, classic feel.

you're right about the ribbon lamp, in really needs space, as many ceiling lamps does. living in the age after they torn down most of the high ceiling-apartments is boring. I'm glad I found one that's a little bit higher then usual (like 40 cm higher). the swedish functionalism ruined so much, but gave some things too of course.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                            I bought a the Philips Eco Classic last time I went to get bulbs, very good. They don't give the stale cold light you sometimes get, especially with LED.
                            philips makes an LED called Ambient LED A19 12W or 60W equivalent.

it gives you the same warm light as an incadescent, same light output as a 60w, and can be set on a dimmer. costs about $40 each. i saw this at a store today side by side. the LED actually looked warmer..

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Too bad it looks so funny, couldn't imagine putting that on a Parentesi. That seems to be the problem with most led bulbs, or if they look like halogen spots (GU10 for example), the light is usually insufficient.

The Eco classics are pretty perfect imo, they have the brightness of a halogen and a colour thats not at all yellow, but not cold/dreary either like fluorescent bulbs.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

if we get the new house, we are going to need all new stuff, mid-mod would be woefully out of place. no one ever factros in furnishings when they buy a new house it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎