X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    re-watched Inglourious Basterds, was a lot funnier the second time around.

today: Bad Lieutenant

on that note, the trailer for the Nic Cage update looks hilarious. Always enjoy watching Xzibit on screen ever since "pimp my ride"
    love this movie... keitel is one of my top 3 favorite actors.

the 'remake' looks like a comedy.

Comment

• raddy
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by tweeds View Post
      not that this has to do with Inglourious Basterds itself, but there's at least Reservoir Dogs from the pre-Kill Bill work...

anyway, i enjoyed watching Basterds. it was patchy but still good - at one or two points the pace really dropped and the references got a little overwhelming - but it caught itself at all the right moments.
      yeah i was thinking of RD and PF in particular
      Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

I feel the violence has visibly ramped up in QT films post-Jackie Brown yet feel diluted in their visceral impact.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

it just depends on what he's "paying homage" to.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
            I feel the violence has visibly ramped up in QT films post-Jackie Brown yet feel diluted in their visceral impact.
            Violence for the sake of violence is boring and stupid, no matter how interestingly done. In case of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, it was framed by not only innovative film making, but by an interesting script. Everything post PF is rubbish in my opinion, even Jackie Brown. That's what happens when everyone blows smoke up your ass and you lose all professional discipline.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tweeds
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Violence for the sake of violence is boring and stupid, no matter how interestingly done. In case of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, it was framed by not only innovative film making, but by an interesting script. Everything post PF is rubbish in my opinion, even Jackie Brown. That's what happens when everyone blows smoke up your ass and you lose all professional discipline.
              i don't really know where to draw the line between purposeful violence and inane violence, but lars von trier had something to say quite baldly on the subject of violence...

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online
              SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• almroth
                • Jul 2008

possession '81

I had high expectations and I love everything. the surreality of it really got to me, which unfortunately doesn't happen to me often.

Comment

• mamaboy
                  • Mar 2008

even when tarantino fails its more interesting then "success" of coppola..."tetro" my ass....who could seriously shoot that shit......tarantino has some blood in his veins ,that guy has stale nursing home urine circling thru his system
                  but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• chameleon
                    • Jun 2008

Eros + Massacre (Erosu Purasu Gyakusatsu, Yoshida, 1969)

One of the most beautifully shot movies I've ever seen. The framing and composition of every second of this 202 min movie is gorgeous. Interesting use of space-time narrative, empty space, imagery and ideas. Looking forward to watching some more of Yoshida's work.

The Family Friend (L'Amico Di Famiglia, Sorrentino, 2006)

Stunning visuals and a magnificent portrait of a callous, exploiting moneylending antihero goes a long way. Almost plotless, an ambigious depiction of longing, love, loss, despair. A twisted tale on beauty and the beast? After the first viewing I think I prefer the incredible The Consquences of Love and Il Divo over this, but any Sorrentino + Bigazzi collab is worth watching at least once.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Saw Arizona Dream yesterday, finally! Big thank you to Jorge for hooking me up!!!

Weird and awesome - unbelievable acting by the entire crew (even Gallo).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                        • Sep 2006

Great Faust

Saw Pedro Costa's Juventude Em Marcha (Colossal Youth), a very clever exercise in patience (the film pacing is very slow, with a quasi-documentary style), a rare kind of film in which happens more inside the viewer than in the screen.

Comment

• chameleon
                          • Jun 2008

Adrift in Tokyo (Tenten, Miki, 2007)

Still Walking (Aruitemo Aruitemo, Kore-Eda, 2008)

Both are very much recommended.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Finally saw Bruno. Eh, it was funnier last time 'round.

edit: that was the hottest Paula Abdul has looked in 20 years.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• almroth
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                              beautiful film, one of my favorites. you must see l'important c'est d'aimer.
                              ah! I looked it up, looks good. thanks for the recommendation. the plot reminds me of belle de jour, which I have yet to see as well. has anyone seen it? heard good things about it.

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

pretty solid bad movie. saw this on the way to and from LA. bullock is still hot as hell though..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎