Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

The Informers...don't think there's any better word to describe the whole film and its affect other than 'flat.' A while after watching it I realized that might have been the intentional point, but still. One of the worst movies I've had the displeasure of watching in a while
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• raddy
      • Oct 2008

So very gorgeous. Zhang Ziyi's a cutie.
      Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Observe and Report...haven't laughed this hard/had this much fun watching a movie in a while
        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• raddy
          • Oct 2008

Just watched Extract the other night and was pretty dissapointed. Characters are stale and one dimensional and the whole nice-guy-in-a-zany-situation thing would have had much better effect if Bateman was surrounded by more charismatic characters and performances. I actually kind of liked Idiocracy despite its flaws but Extract was just a very half ass throwback to Office Space in tone, yet none of the fun.

Comment

• mamaboy
            • Mar 2008

i loved that sick rock star in "the informers".....and he dresses so well.....movie sucks
            but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• mumma
              • Oct 2008

fantastic movie! really appreciate what honore has
              been doing lately. and actually you can watch that
              on youtube with subs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWm7...eature=related
              LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
              Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
              www.loupeon.com

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Saw G-Force in 3-D. Awesome.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• raddy
                  • Oct 2008

I haven't a movie in 3d since that Michael Jackson ride @ disneyworld. Recent resurgence is a bit odd -- I guess theatres have to innovate to stay ahead of the home system curve.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ From what I understand the reason was shitty 3-D technology and that they are only now starting to get it right. Anyway, baby Faust loved it, that's all that counts.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
                      i loved that sick rock star in "the informers".....and he dresses so well.....movie sucks
                      yes, the portrait of that guy's dissolution is the only good thing in the movie and I looked forward to the next time he'd show up on screen...nebraska girl punchout was easily the drab film's highlight
                      www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• chameleon
                        • Jun 2008

Saw Maborosi (Maboroshi no hikari) a few days ago. Such a beautiful meditation on the loss of a loved one. Stunning cinematogaphy. I love the lingering camera, the framing, the slow pace. Kore-eda is my new favorite director, every film I've seen by him has resonated strongly with me. This one might be my favorite of his.

Saw Sans Soleil this morning and loved it. Honestly feel like watching it again tonight (won't though, have too many other ones to get through..!).

Comment

• raddy
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                          Saw Maborosi (Maboroshi no hikari) a few days ago. Such a beautiful meditation on the loss of a loved one. Stunning cinematogaphy. I love the lingering camera, the framing, the slow pace. Kore-eda is my new favorite director, every film I've seen by him has resonated strongly with me. This one might be my favorite of his.
                          Koreeda

I think After Life is still my favorite -- I wonder when Air Doll will make it over here; regardless of the pretty negative critical response, the idea of the story really intrigues me.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

I hate Christophe Honoré with a passion, but I havn't seen that one and sort of want to. I'm curious about what he did to the Princesse de Clèves story.

I recently went to see Audiard's Un Prophète, and it's still the same as with De Battre... When I came out of the theatre I had this "so what" feeling, like it's almost wasted talent. Gorgeous filmmaking and amazing actors but still sort of empty at its core. I've been having trouble explainikg my feelings about this movie. I still recomend it because he is one of the most talented french directors alive. I guess basically i don't really care about / have no empathy with what he has to say

I'm pretty sure I'm alone on this though so definately see it if you can

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

there has been some good films cited in the last two pages - eros + massacre, colossal youth, still walking, possession...
                              maaan, adjani circa late 70s / nosferatu / early 80s

i'm watching an old favourite at the moment - miklos jancso's szerelmem, elektra. along with tarkovsky, jancso's one of the early masters of the long-take. interestingly, tarkovsky wasn't very kind to jancso's films. even went so far as to describe them as "pretentious and trite", or something along those lines. heh.

Last edited by klangspiel; 09-18-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• mumma
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                I hate Christophe Honoré with a passion, but I havn't seen that one and sort of want to. I'm curious about what he did to the Princesse de Clèves story.
                                actually i really liked love songs, way he worked with
                                aesthetic of musicals and told the whole story was
                                really funny/ kitchy and serious/ deep at the same time.
                                of course it's not a new chapter in history, but still it's
                                not so common to see a good/ not stupid nor
                                pretencious movie about young people...
                                could say he is like french van sant ;-)

seventeen times cecicle cassard and in paris were
                                "just" a very good movies. but for example my mother
                                was a total disaster imho. probably it's too hard
                                to show bataille on a big screen ;)

anyway, the beautiful person is more like
                                love songs than other his movies. it's kinda
                                engrossing - late winter/ early spring, nick
                                drake songs, cold light; and i really enjoyed
                                simplicity of that movie, you can describe
                                the whole story in one sentence.
                                LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
                                Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
                                www.loupeon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎