• Atom
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    the arthur russell doc by matt wolf
    This is interesting, was it any good?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
      • Feb 2009

White Material by Claire Denis was a fucking bore. The cinémathèque in Malmö is retrospecting her this autumn. I think I'll skip it and concentrate on Hou Hsiao-hsien.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Atom View Post
        This is interesting, was it any good?
        i thought so, but see download link above and judge for yourself..

Comment

• Acéphale
          • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Acephale-todestrieb-klangspiel = the bermuda triangle (in a good way)
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• KM80
              • Mar 2008

Just watched a movie called the Wild Hunt, wasn't sure what to expect and ended up loving it. LARP run amuck:
              Visit: www.WILDHUNTFILM.comBECOME A FAN:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-Wild-Hunt/114840342538?ref=tsDEMAND IT:http://eventful.com/performers/t...

And Neon Maniacs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAFin4c5n1w

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Francis Ford Coppola's Tetro. It was a very good film...beautiful camera work/lighting and Ebert's observation that Alden Ehrenreich is possibly the next Leo is on point, a lot of promise delivered in that performance. Gallo was great as well in his intensity, and Maribel Verdu is always a treat.
                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

i caught a movie on hbo last friday night and i don't know what it is....tried searching the net for past tv but nothing...
                  anyway, it takes place in ny and i didn't recognize any of the cast. there is a female cop who keeps getting her balls busted because she is new and an older male cop who plays this hard ass dirty harry sort of guy. anyway there are killings going on and the killer slashes some word into the bellies of the victims. i dosed off when the cops bust into some mad scientists lab filled with crazy monkeys and whatnot....anyone know what im talking about? it seems to have been made within the last year or so and despite how ridiculous it sounds was actually pretty damn good.
                  Last edited by laughed; 09-02-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• klangspiel
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                    glissements progressifs du plaisir (robbe-grillet, 1974)
                    criminal how gravely overlooked r-g as a filmmaker is. he's made some groundbreaking stuff with the medium. clearly his reputation as a writer has completely overshadowed his work in film. very similar to duras who imo is a far more complex and ingenious filmmaker than she is a writer.

speaking of overlooked filmmakers, i picked up a recent dvd of bill douglas' comrades just the other day. great great film. included with the dvd is a documentary on douglas himself - lanterna magicka -, but chiefly on his fascination and collection of optical devices used for animation and moving imagery before the advent of cinema. very insightful stuff.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Saw David Lynch's Elephant Man yesterday... Very disturbing, yet good stuff. Will not see again although the movie is definitely worth watching!
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

we were shown that in religious & moral studies at my school back when i was 11/12. Suprised the teacher showed us at that age

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

wtf - i would've been traumatized afterwards...
                          when i was a child i saw edward scissor hands with my neighbours and had nightmares for a long time after :P
                          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

saw Eraserhead for the first time yesterday - am glad my first contact with the film wasn't until now. It's genius; this film just inspired me on so many levels - as a whole it's probably the equivalent for me what that mysterious biblical line did for Lynch.
                            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                              • Jan 2010

Color of Pomegranates by Sergei Parajanov. Very very pleasing to the eye. Abstract, strange, lyrically stunning. Recommended to those with high amount of patience.
                              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

saw sympathy for mr. vengeance after seeing everyone talk about oldboy and really enjoyed it. i need to watch the lady vengeance one now but my hopes will be high since it was mentioned as his best.

seen a number of things like stones in exile doc. (which was cool), tv party documentary (interesting to see, but the separate "episode" dvd's are nearly unwatchable).

saw peter greenaway's - the belly of an architect last night though. the way it was filmed as a dramatic play taking place in these amazing sets made it feel really grand. certainly a film that could be used to prove the demise of theater.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎