Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

so i see now that stephen king did a series called Kingdom Hospital based on trier's Kingdom.

anyone seen this and know if its worth watching and will satisfy my urge to see this thing come to an end?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Mofiya, I wouldn't watch Requiem again if I was paid. Something like that you watch once.

So, The Social Network is getting good reviews.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

I was gonna say, Faust. Friend told me that the first 50 or so reviews on rottentomatos were 100%.

As for Requiem... I don't think I could do it again. Nothing bad about it, particularly. It simply crushed me emotionally when I watched it the first time. Any desire I have to watch it again could only be described as masochistic.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Mofiya, I wouldn't watch Requiem again if I was paid.
          Requiem is a piece of shit imho.

Regarding Scorsese's best, that's difficult to say but I'm sure its Raging bull or something like that. My favorite by him is After hours .

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

^ care to elaborate?
            And Enaml masochistic is a bit harsh, here... I don't know what makes me have the slight desire to watch it again (although I am pretty sure I won't). Might be, that I just want to see how that atmosphere was created, e.g. looking at myself from a third-person-perspective and monitor my emotions. Call it an introspective psychological field study
            Also, wanted to see Enter The Void for a similar reason. But cinemas don't play it anymore.
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• sam_tem
              • Apr 2007

yeah, a bit odd to say considering how many truly shitty movies there are out there.

can't say i've seen a movie more accurately visualize the fleeting high of hardcore drugs and the all-consuming hunger for that high. it's very much a visual exercise more than a mental one so perhaps you're judging it under different criteria.

also one of the best soundtracks of the decade thanks to the kronos quartet.

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                And Enaml masochistic is a bit harsh, here... I don't know what makes me have the slight desire to watch it again (although I am pretty sure I won't).
                If we're discussing psychology, something about that film triggered strong negative associations in my brain.
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Diego
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  ^ care to elaborate?
                  Sure, overrated boring pointless drama for adolescents with main characters that appear to be stupid... not even using every editing and camerawork trick in the book could save the thing.

Let's just say I'v seen better, shorter anti-drug propaganda.

I'll come back to my favorite thread when Aronofsky is gone

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Hmm, having been involved at the time in Requiem far too much I will be biased, but I would rather re-watch it 20 times in a weekend than watch Enter the Void's last hour again - ever.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                      Sure, overrated boring pointless drama for adolescents with main characters that appear to be stupid... not even using every editing and camerawork trick in the book could save the thing.

Let's just say I'v seen better, shorter anti-drug propaganda.

I'll come back to my favorite thread when Aronofsky is gone
                      But adolescents ARE stupid. We were all stupid and some of us were punished for it. That's the point of the film, I think. It's a good movie, just a very fucked up one.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Requiem for a Dream wasn't that tough of a watch but somehow I don't like it...there's just nothing in it that redeems the experience. Ellen Burstyn was good in it though, and the most heartbreaking thing about it.

I think the best Anti-Drug film is Bad Lieutenant, even though I didn't see it as primarily one with this goal.

MoFiya yes I liked The Passenger, it's my favorite Jack Nicholson film.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                          I think the best Anti-Drug film is Bad Lieutenant, even though I didn't see it as primarily one with this goal.
                          My vote goes to Henenlotter's Brain damage

Comment

• Acéphale
                            • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

Saw Pi on sunday and ... yeah ... I get what you mean Diego The movie was not bad, but the effects superimposed (? is that the right word - xcuse my english) a rather flat story... Still, I like the black/white and the effects. Aesthethically cool, storywise - not so.

And then I finally got to watch Enter The Void in a cinema yesterday. I am sure you dislike this movie, as well, right? For myself - I am not sure about it. I found it very trippy. My personal 2001 experience (watched this on TV which didn't quite work). But, yeah, the last hour was a tad too long.
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Diego
                                • Aug 2007

Definitely not a fan of Aronofsky but will give Black swan a try when it hits theaters. Not a fan of Noe either but I haven't seen Enter the void so I can't hate yet. Speaking of France, I received my amazon.fr order today:

C'est arrive pres de chez vous bluray
                                Martyrs bluray
                                Coffret Nacho Cerda, la trilogie de la mort: the awakening / aftermath / genesis dvd
                                La haine bluray
                                Vibroboy dvd
                                Gisele Kerozene dvd

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍