Clear All
  • Acéphale
    • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      One of our journalists interviewed Noe recently.
      Thanks for the link! Wasn't quite substantial though IMO.
      In german and french TV there is a show called "Durch die Nacht mit ..." / "Au coeur de la nuit". Two artists meet, talk and spend the night together. Often, they haven't met before.
      The persons often come from the films, but also from modern arts or music.
      (To Klang - dunno if you can speak german or wether there exist subtitles, I recently watched an episode with Hermann Nitsch)
      Well, to come to a point. I've seen that episode with Gaspar Noé and Harmony Korine. While the latter appeared to be hyperactive, the firstmentioned didn't say anything at all. I dunno wether this was because of the linguistic barrier or maybe Noé couldn't stand Korine or whatever...

On topic: last movie seen was Suspiria. The plot was kind of flat, but it was visually and acoustically a good movie.
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
        Speaking of David Lynch - I don't think it's even a remotely recent article but it got reprinted in 'A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Again' about being on the set of Lost Highway. Good article about Lynch's work.
        Yes I've read that essay, it was great - probably the closest I've ever seen to a plausible articulation of Lynch's ethos.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
          Thanks for the link! Wasn't quite substantial though IMO.
          In german and french TV there is a show called "Durch die Nacht mit ..." / "Au coeur de la nuit". Two artists meet, talk and spend the night together. Often, they haven't met before.
          The persons often come from the films, but also from modern arts or music.
          (To Klang - dunno if you can speak german or wether there exist subtitles, I recently watched an episode with Hermann Nitsch)
          Well, to come to a point. I've seen that episode with Gaspar Noé and Harmony Korine. While the latter appeared to be hyperactive, the firstmentioned didn't say anything at all. I dunno wether this was because of the linguistic barrier or maybe Noé couldn't stand Korine or whatever...

On topic: last movie seen was Suspiria. The plot was kind of flat, but it was visually and acoustically a good movie.
          Sorry, I didn't do the interview :-) I haven't gotten to reading it yet myself. But, don't worry, I'll be doing something super-baller soon. Standby.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• raskolnikovboogie
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Acéphale View Post

I'd suggest reading the novel first. Like any of Kobe's works really.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Cassavetes' A Woman Under the Influence, the first work I've seen from the director. Great film, very unsettling and moving, very human.
              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                • Oct 2009

Two heavyweights and personal favourites of mine team up!
                Saw it yesterday and liked it a lot.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• huskiesonice
                  • Mar 2008

Owwwh. Without giving anything way - the dread 'spoiler' - can you tell me what the plot is? I really like the look of this.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by huskiesonice View Post

Owwwh. Without giving anything way - the dread 'spoiler' - can you tell me what the plot is? I really like the look of this.
                    Sorry man any info would spoil it, just rent it and find out yourself!
                    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

I saw Rainer Werner Fassbinder's "Welt am Draht" (World on a wire) yesterday... That movie is from 1973 and basically antedates everything Matrix is based on. Totally ahead of it's time! It was produced for TV and seperated into two parts (3hrs 15mins in total!) but still very entertaining and thrilling throughout the whole time. Of course it is not a "deep" movie per se, but still nice to watch (even visually).
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Tim Roth's The War Zone...what a complex, mature and articulate film. I wish more films like this were made, especially on this side of the world. Quietly devastating.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

^ sounds like I should check that out (:

I've just seen The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky... Damn, what a strange movie. Quite a cool ending, not sure about the rest... I mean, it's quite surreal
                            Has anybody watched this? Thoughts?
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

I tried to watch it the other night but wasn't in the right frame of mind to really enjoy it, did get 2 cool photos out of it though ;)

Definitely a late night movie, The Holy Mountain (lately haven't been getting to sleep till late and find that this time is a good zone for me to absorb cinema), will give it another go in the near future. The sequence in the beginning with the sacrilegous carnival had some ineffably imaginative imagery, that's for sure.
                              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                                Has anybody watched this? Thoughts?
                                I've only seen Alejandro Jodorowsky's El Topo which I thought was interesting but really bizarre. It was a difficult watch at the time because of it's very slow pace and my need for sleep. I'd be interested in seeing another of his films at some point.

THE HOUSE OF DIS
                                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎