• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
    Just watched Drive again. Such a good movie that also went under the awards radar........ Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan rocked. She's so bad ass this year!
    Don't forget about Christina Hendricks. She made that movie for me XD
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• asdf123
      • Jan 2010

I on the other hand found Drive pretentious and "try hard". I had big hopes at the beginning of the film but it just went downhill from there.

Recently I've seen My American Uncle by Alain Resnais. After watching Last Year in Marienbad and Hiroshima mon amour.
      I can say the film is definitively worth watching not only for its original marriage of film fiction and academic lecture.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

I need to see "A turin horse" but no idea when and if ever it will be shown in german cinemas, no luck online either.
        Any leads will be very much appreciated.
        Please help!
        Last edited by TheNotoriousT; 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM.
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

isn't there a dvd by now? if not, download? a good quality rip has been out there since december.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

Searched my ass off but didnt find it anywhere!
            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

pm your email adress and i'll send a karagarga invite. have a few to spare that's up for grabs..

Comment

• doldrums
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                Searched my ass off but didnt find it anywhere!
                T - I downloaded it a while back. I'll send you a link in a bit.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                  T - I downloaded it a while back. I'll send you a link in a bit.
                  Cheeeeers man, thanks!

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by asdf123 View Post
                    I on the other hand found Drive pretentious and "try hard". I had big hopes at the beginning of the film but it just went downhill from there.
                    Man, I hated Drive so much, which is made worse by the fact that some people whose opinion I really respect loved it. I just think Winding Refn used the same tricks as in Valhalla Rising (which I loved) - sparse dialogue, beautiful imagery, relentless violence - and while it makes sense in a Viking setting, here it just feels awkward at best.

I am amazed Shame didn't get more attention at this year's awards. As opposed to The Descendants which I had to watch and I regret every minute of it - and I have a soft spot for Clooney. And best film I have seen this week is Carnage - brilliance.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

is shame actually good? i loved hunger but couldn't even get through the trailer for shame without cringing. looks like fucking sex and the city. am i wrong?

saw satantango in all its 7 hour splendor yesterday as part of the bela tarr retrospective at walter reade. totally exhausting and a far more conventional story and structure than i anticipated but damn some scenes had to be up there with the greatest ever committed to celluloid.
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

I loved Shame because the sex bit isn't actually what this is all about. Don't be put off by it, it's a really smart film, wonderfully acted. I saw Shame and Drive back to back and with Carrey being in both i somehow bundle them together. For me Shame was clearly the better movie and one of the best ones at this year's awards (i'm a bafta member so have to watch the lot)
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• KM80
                          • Mar 2008

7 hours! I think the longest I've ever watched was both parts of die niblungen, which was probably just over 4 hours and from the comfort of my couch. Really fucking awesome though!

Watched crawlspace with klaus kinski on netflix the other day, it was bizarre, he's such a creep, i really liked it.

Also watched drive the other day, i didn't hate it, didn't love it, but some people i talked to were just infuriated by it.

Comment

• asdf123
                            • Jan 2010

Regarding Satantango. I don't know who and how Tarr pictures someone watching his movie for that long with 100% attention. That's more insane than artsy or whatever it supposed to be in my view.

On the Drive part. In my opinion, when you try to make a movie to look a certain way or make it to have this specific "feel" you're are doomed because it rarely turns out the way you want without the "try hard" aspect. And that what hit me after watching Drive.
                            Last edited by asdf123; 02-06-2012, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• uL7iMa
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                              As opposed to The Descendants which I had to watch and I regret every minute of it - and I have a soft spot for Clooney.
                              Just watched The Descendants as well...Felt like the movie could have been played by any other actor; they didn't make full use of Clooney's acting.

How he could have been nominated for best actor in this movie baffles me.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

I found drive entertaining. It was nice to see Albert Brooks in a non comedic role. I really dig him.
                                I wanna see Shame but am waiting for a decent version to be released.

I saw The Guard recently and enjoyed it. I have The Descendants but haven't watched it yet and the lackluster reviews here have me wondering if I should.... i have The Tree of Life and The Artist waiting also This years Oscar noms are pretty poor

just curious, do any of you guys use usenet for your downloading needs? I know torrents seem to be the norm these daze but I much prefer usenet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎