X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nellytheelephant
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
    Guillermo del Toro never should have bailed on directing the Hobbit. Peter Jackson isn't a particularly good director and after King Kong I just assumed he was going to fill the Hobbit with unnecessary scenes and length as well...
    Besides, I'll take del Toro animatronics and makeup over excessive Jackson CGI every time, especially if 48fps is involved.
    I don't think even del Toro could have saved it from mediocrity. But I'll reserve judgement until after I've seen it assuming I don't puke my guts out during.

Comment

• drizzly
      Banned
      • Apr 2012

guilermo del toro is making this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

^ Watched the trailer it a couple of day ago. Look awesome for now. Gunbuster/Evangelion and Godzilla.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          [youtube]ZbRdRgHPVdQ[youtube]

the lotr movies were p. good for pop cinema but i felt like all the cash ins for the hobbit were a tacit admission of shitness
          saw dis
          it was like, not terrible
          but the cgi was rly obvious compared to lotr and there was so many scenes that should have been cut
          like wtf why do i care about radaghast try'na save some hedgehog and why is there so much exposition what happened to show not tell. some pretty cheesy gags too
          wish there were fewer people in the theater so i could just mac on my date during the boring shit
          ps i wore my ann sasquatch sweater but no one shouted gandalf based insults at me :( :( :(

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Watched silver linings play book last night. It's one of those films where I really enjoyed watching it and hated myself for liking it the minute it was over. Also saw looper last night. I'm down with flu, don't judge me.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I guess Prometheus should be on your list then! What about Argo? Looking forward to Zero Dark Thirty as I thought Hurt Locker one of the best war films ever.

NYT pummeled the Hobbit, lol.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

saw Argo, really good and worth a watch, amazing to see how far ben affleck has come from daredevil and rain deer games...

lincoln received too much hype, yes it was well done, good acting, seemed fairly accurate, however it felt like a history class with constant life lesson monologues by daniel day lewis

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

side note: Prometheus was such a let down, so many plot holes to something that could of been awesome.

my favorite prometheus meme:

Comment

• ambrosian
                    • Dec 2012

not sure how i feel about the glad0s voice. out of all the damn robot voices...

hopefully it's not too distracting.
                    street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I guess Prometheus should be on your list then! What about Argo? Looking forward to Zero Dark Thirty as I thought Hurt Locker one of the best war films ever.

saw the hobbit today and was pleasantly surprised, i never read the book, but the movie was good

Comment

• Fascinator
                        • Dec 2012

Akio Jissôji
                        Mujô (This Transient Life)

Darezhan Omirbayev
                        Shuga

František Vláčil
                        Adelheid

Raya Martin
                        Autohystoria

Comment

• swami
                          • Jul 2008

Looking forward to Zero Dark Thirty as I thought Hurt Locker one of the best war films ever.
                          Looking forward to 0Dark30 as well , but you forgot about DAS BOOT & Full metal jacket

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Of course, that's why I said one of. Actually one of the unheralded best war films. I am surprised it did not get more attention after the Oscar year.

Saw the Hobbit yesterday. What a piece of shit. I cannot even begin to describe my disappointment. I want my money and three hours of my life back.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

. Actually one of the unheralded best war films. I am surprised it did not get more attention after the Oscar year.

Too much character development & not enough meaningless action for the war movie loving masses

too bad about hobbit , Did you ever end up watching Holy Motors ? any feedback

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Just got the Zero dark 30 screener in the post yesterday so will watch soon. Prometheus I'll pass on.
                                Really looking forward to Amour.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎