Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

^ Loved loved the documentary and made me even more of a fan of her work. Her determination and perseverance is impressive.

As a sidenote, she's a big Tisci fan....

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• profondo nero
      • Aug 2012

Comment

• Glasshands
        • Jul 2013

I'm thinking I'll have a sit down and re-watch this movie tonight, it's one of my favourite films and every time I watch it, I appreciate more and more about it.

Last Life In The Universe (2003)
        Pen-Ek Ratanaruang

A suicide obsessed Japanese librarian living in Bangkok forms a tentative bond with an aspiring actress after the shared experience of losing a sibling.

Comment

• jackg
          • Oct 2011

I found the Abramovic doco to be really fascinating despite not knowing much about her or performance generally!

currently watching:

Comment

• jackg
            • Oct 2011

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

recent posts in the "State of the Industry" thread got me thinking about my past

I am looking forward to the Wolf of Wall St. I'm not expecting great film making but it is Scorcese. I was peripherally involved with the story. I was involved with the "pump & dump" market for a short while but actually developed a conscience & quit.

I did however sell stock to one of the major players in the Stratton Oakmont scam before he was involved with Jordan Belfort. The dude was a colleague of mine in menswear and a good friend. He went to jail for 3 years and was ordered to pay $8 million in restitution.

He was prominently featured in the book but I don't believe he's in the film... probably cuz he was a raging maniac at times.(weren't we all?) I haven't spoken to him in a while.

I'm very curious to see how the real life story plays on screen

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Funny how after the the first Hobbit was a huge disappointment no one seems to give a shit about the second one. I get a sense that the studio and their PR arm is trying their best to control any coverage until right before the film comes out.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Picasso
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Worth watching. I still cannot formulate a judgement on whether I like her work or even performance art in general, but her rigor is certainly impressive.
                  I never understood performance art but I guess it would require actual participation, I loved the documentary though

Comment

• Philipppp
                    • Apr 2010

I really like Last life in the Universe as well, maybe you also like or would like Blissfully Yours or Tropical Malady? Two other great Thai movies.

Comment

• MaxM
                      • Sep 2009

Just read about this documentary about "Jodorowsky’s Dune", which supposedly could have been the greatest scifi movie ever IF it had been released:

"Jodorowsky assembled a creative team that consisted of influential artists such as Jean “Moebius” Giraud, H.R. Giger, Chris Foss, and Dan O’Bannon and set about writing the screenplay adaptation of Herbert’s beloved novel. The director’s casting list was a cornucopia of international talent that included David Carradine, Charlotte Rampling, Mick Jagger, Gloria Swanson, Orson Welles, Alain Delon, and the legendary surrealist painter Salvador Dali. Jodorowsky’s son, Brontis Jodorowsky, was to play the film’s young hero Paul Atreides, and British rock group Pink Floyd agreed to compose and perform the Dune soundtrack."

Oh, and it was going to be 14 hours long

Last edited by MaxM; 12-05-2013, 07:17 AM.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Glasshands
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Philipppp View Post
                        I really like Last life in the Universe as well, maybe you also like or would like Blissfully Yours or Tropical Malady? Two other great Thai movies.
                        Tropical Malady was fantastic, and I've been meaning to watch Blissfully Yours! I've fallen into a bit of a 90's TV show funk, and I really need to drag myself out of it it and back into watching things which are a bit more experimental/beautiful

Comment

• Jan 2011

Watched 'Into Great Silence' last night. It's a beautiful film and I think a lot of people here would appreciate the stark simplicity of it.

Comment

• kamsky
                            • Jan 2007

Sorrentino's films have been a little uneven for me, but very much enjoyed this. Beautiful nod to Fellini, visually. It also develops its own cinematographic language which I thought was dynamic and focused at once.

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

for some reason somebody mentioned THIS yesterday. I had watched it many years ago and really didn't remember it so I decided to give it another view. I just finished.

I always love seeing studio sessions of iconic songs and the film has many. The "woo hoo" scene is great.

However,eventually the political ramblings get tedious. That's what fast forward is for

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Watched Spring Breakers finally. What a piece of shit. How did he even get money for this?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎