• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
    Would have been spectacular on the Lincoln Square IMAX screen.
    that's where I saw it

I DLed the blu ray rip of Gravity as soon as it was available. I usually just grab xvid or any shitty compressed release but I was curious to see if I could come close to recreating my IMAX 3d experience in my own home theater (I use that descriptor very loosely)

As I imagined,couldn't make it thru the film & I deleted the blu ray file.. I did DL a xvid version just to have... no reason to waste space.

It takes a special production to motivate me to watch a film in a theater and I knew that Gravity is one of those efforts. I probably won't go to a theater to watch a movie for a very long time. I'm way too comfortable watching @ home with my own snack bar.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
      Yeah and I missed it too . Would have been spectacular on the Lincoln Square IMAX screen.

I generally pass on most IMAX movies these days because they are in 3D by default and I really don't like 3D. But despite the 3D, I wish I could have seen this one on a giant screen. I hope they re-release it there at some point.
      I hate 3 D too. I really wish it'd go away.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Forget all this boring 3d space shit and go watch Adieu au language/Farewell to language in 3D, old Godard mixes the shot/reverse shot of a typical masculine/feminine Godardian dialogue and you get both at the same time in 3D, blink left and you see the man, left and it is the woman. Probably the only use of 3D that ever said something about cinema. Oh and he films his dog with a gopro.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

I recently watched The Grandmaster by Wong Kar-wai and I was very disappointed. I don't think wuxia films are his calling unfortunately.
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Watched "Her." What a BRILLIANT film!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

It's beautiful isn't it. Finally got round to watching Holy Motors and loved it.
              Is anyone on here using mubi.com? I just signed up.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                It's beautiful isn't it. Finally got round to watching Holy Motors and loved it.
                Yes, it is. Its achievement lies in how nonjudgmental it is. That tone made the entire film, which could've descended into easy finger-pointing.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kamsky
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  "Holy Motors" is an amazing movie; that line towards the end "What is 'caduc'?" was one of the funniest one-liners in recent memory. Equally good (in very different ways) is his earlier "Les amants du Pont Neuf" (which I'm pretty sure got translated as "The Lover on the Bridge"). If you've not seen it, I recommend checking it out.

Haven't used Mubi; already have a Netflix and Hulu account (which has all the films on the Criterion Collection), so it seemed unnecessary. How're you liking it?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Bump to hear if anyone has opinions on the YSL movie. It's playing in the art theater near me, but it's got mixed reviews, so I'm not sure if it's worth watching. Wonder what fashion people think?
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                      Bump to hear if anyone has opinions on the YSL movie. It's playing in the art theater near me, but it's got mixed reviews, so I'm not sure if it's worth watching. Wonder what fashion people think?
                      which one? there are two
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                        • Jun 2013

The Raid 2 - Best martial arts film since Ong-Bak. The karambit scene in the kitchen!

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          which one? there are two
                          This one:

It got a pretty low rating, but I might go see it anyways just because how often do I get to see a movie about a fashion designer?

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

I saw it, it is extremely bad, by all standards (the two main actors save it from a complete disaster). It is not about a fashion designer actually, the movie should be re-titled as "Pierre Bergé" and not "Yves Saint Laurent".
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

That's unfortunate, I was hoping they'd at least have some good clothing from the archives.

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

they do. apparently the mondrian dresses are given prominence (I heard this in an itw, I haven't seen the film)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎