Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

GucciAmen I'm a big fan of Rohmer, but I didn't really like Le Genoux de Claire. My favourites, aside from Ma Nuit Chez Maud are La Collectionneuse and La Marquise d'O. L'amour l'après-midi is also nice, but not as good as the other two I mentionned.

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by galia View Post
      GucciAmen I'm a big fan of Rohmer, but I didn't really like Le Genoux de Claire. My favourites, aside from Ma Nuit Chez Maud are La Collectionneuse and La Marquise d'O. L'amour l'après-midi is also nice, but not as good as the other two I mentionned.
      Thanks. La Collectionneuse looks great, I'll watch it tonight.

Comment

• sebastian
        • Feb 2009

The Tribe directed by Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy is interesting. I like to recommend this powerful film.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Has anyone caught Evolution yet? Something about the style is extremely intriguing to me.

Comment

• round
            • Aug 2015

I saw Goodnight Mommy last night, a really amazing movie.

Also, any horror recommendations that aren't the traditional overdone slasher type flicks out now? Im looking for something psychological.

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by round View Post
              I saw Goodnight Mommy last night, a really amazing movie.

Also, any horror recommendations that aren't the traditional overdone slasher type flicks out now? Im looking for something psychological.
              The Babadook was decent. If you haven't seen Misery yet, I strongly recommend it!

Comment

• round
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                The Babadook was decent. If you haven't seen Misery yet, I strongly recommend it!
                Seen both, I loved Babadook.

Comment

• KM80
                  • Mar 2008

I actually really liked The Visit, which I watched not knowing it was an M Night Shamalan movie, which probably would have made me pre-hate it.

It had some genuinely creepy moments in it.

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                    I actually really liked The Visit, which I watched not knowing it was an M Night Shamalan movie, which probably would have made me pre-hate it.

It had some genuinely creepy moments in it.
                    Watched that as well, looking to find something less commercial and more unknown as I have seen A LOT of horror movies.

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                    Fucking incredible piece of work, I can't believe it doesn't get more attention. Emotionally crushing, though. Can you believe that was Charlie Kauffman's first time directing?
                    I had no idea that it was his first time directing, that's incredible. I really loved it, despite the fact that it was soul-crushingly depressing.

Comment

• KM80
                      • Mar 2008

Just heard about this one but haven't seen it yet, looks like it could be promising though:

I watch a lot of horror movies to, most of the newer stuff doesn't do much for me though, post up if you find anything worthwhile!

Comment

• Gatsu
                        • Jul 2015

saw the revenant and macbeth recently, both great films imo. i like the revenant more, but i have not read macbeth yet so maybe i dont appreciate it as much.

Comment

• mikemikemike
                          • Jun 2011

for those that have not gotten around to them, hard to be a god and a girl walks home alone at night are on netflix right now

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by round View Post
                            Watched that as well, looking to find something less commercial and more unknown as I have seen A LOT of horror movies.
                            Have you seen The House at The End of Time (La casa del fin de los tiempos)? A Venezuelan film teetering between horror and thriller/mystery, regardless I thought it was a good film all in in all. It's on Netflix now if you haven't seen it!
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Mezeinee
                              • Apr 2015

Has anyone of you seen the 70mm version of the Hateful Eight? Is it worth paying twice the price of the standard screening?
                              https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Yes. It always is if the piece is being presented in a 70mm print, but especially yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎