Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

Yea, needless to say the outcome wasn't too pleasant. I would go absolutely crazy being alone too...
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

48 hr Flu Movie Marathon- .</p>

Premonition</p>

Xanadu</p>

Top Gun</p>

Scarface</p>

Borat</p>

Blade Runner Final Cut Version</p>

perhaps one more... La Vie en Rose- if i dont crash first.
      </p>
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Did i read the 3rd title right? [72][86]
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Watching the entire Russian series of Sherlock Holmes movies. It's amazing - I never get tired of it. Just brilliant. [64]
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]Did i read the 3rd title right? [72][86]
            [/quote]</p>

</p>

yes [83] got to have one of those in there... it made me want to fly planes at one point, when i was young. even though i have been told i have an insanely irrational fear of flying (although i dont think it is irrational to not be comfortable in a tube in the middle of the sky with nothing holding it up)</p>

</p>

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]Watching the entire Russian series of Sherlock Holmes movies. It's amazing - I never get tired of it. Just brilliant. [64]
              [/quote]</p>

that could have been better</p>

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="Fuuma"]
                <ul>[*]<span lang="EN-CA"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Once upon a time in the west/Italy/Leone/1968: The western to end all westerns, so epic it hasn?t been topped yet.</font></span>[/list]

<span lang="EN-CA"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">[/quote]</font></span></p>

Yes, absolutely amazing! I just re-watched it here during the weekend. Leone's understanding of his medium(that of
                moving images) and how it differentiates itself from other art forms is rare and that makes him as a filmmaker quite unique.
                I find this quote telling ...</p>

"The rhythm of the film was intended to create the sensation of the last grasps that a person takes just before dying.
                Once Upon A Time In The West was from start to finish, a dance of death. All the characters in the film, except
                Claudia (Cardinale), are conscious of the fact they will not arrive at the end alive."
                - Sergio Leone</p>

The only western that comes near is ironically directed by himself, and that's The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
                One would really miss out on something quite extraordinary, to dismiss Leone's film, on the grounds of their genre,
                because they go beyond any genre-specific.
                </p>

By the way, a fantastic assemblage of film you have put together! [51]</p>
                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

Once Upon a Time in the West is definitely a classic in all of cinematic history....i first watched this movie not long ago, maybe back in January. The use of silence through Bronson's character is excellent, as was the use of slow, deliberate pauses in many confrontational scenes...very effective in setting up a grandiose, epic mood for the film.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]scheduled group outing to Leonard Cohen concert?
                    [/quote]</p>

Ok, so I did not know that his US manager stole his money. That makes me worried more about absence of U.S. tour dates.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

me either...uh oh.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Watched three movies about how human beings deal with extreme situations, must say it made for an interesting trilogy:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">-Rescue Dawn<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">-The diving bell and the butterfly<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">-Pan?s labyrinth</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Thanks becoming intense<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]me either...uh oh.
                          [/quote]</p>

Ok, to add to my agony, my ticket magician friend in London is luring me with free front row tickets. Dammit. Ok, so the inside word is, he will tour the states, but not sure when.
                          </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Fuuma, would love to hear your take take on Pan's Labyrinth. I keep wanting to watch it a second time, but not quite ready for such an intense experience again. </p>

Recently, in this order, and partially inspired by this thread:</p>

Takeshi Kitano's Sonatine and Dolls
                            Woman in the Dunes

Le Cercle Rouge
                            Fritz Lang's M
                            Sunshine</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

how was sunshine? i've been meaning to watch that.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="wire.artist"][quote user="philip nod"]

a friend of mine said the same thing about Eastern Promises. continuity and coincidence in the movies is tough, but most of the time i let it go. i mean how believable is the oscar winner? </p>

anyway, another sick episode of lost, they're really starting to reveal it, this season has started off so much better than last...michael as the janitor, shit is too dope. i can't believe there are not more lost fans on here. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Lost is getting better and better, can't wait for the next episode.</p>

I'm gonna watch Videodrome for the 25th time...</p>

I watched last night The man from earth, interesting enough if you are a fan of good ol' si/fi. It's like Peter's friends with a supernatural background.
                                </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

agreed. it seems though every once in a whille there is an episode that is just kind of plain, almost informational just to fill in blanks. i do look forward to it every week.[75]</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎