• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

The cremator by Hertz
    I'm a cybork by Chan-wook

Tartan films went bankrupt, cancelled lady vengeance bluray release (pal) :(

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Diego View Post
      The cremator by Hertz
      Fuck yes! Such a good film!

I found out about it a few years back through the maddin/quay pipeline and the residue of its first viewing has clung more tightly to my subconscious than any other film save Stalker.

Coincidentally I just watched Palfi's Taxidermia which strongly reminded me of the cremator for reasons which still remain unclear. Some kind of profound Rorschach relationality.

Comment

• mamaboy
        • Mar 2008

bye bye monkey
        but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
          Fuck yes! Such a good film!

I found out about it a few years back through the maddin/quay pipeline and the residue of its first viewing has clung more tightly to my subconscious than any other film save Stalker.

Coincidentally I just watched Palfi's Taxidermia which strongly reminded me of the cremator for reasons which still remain unclear. Some kind of profound Rorschach relationality.
          Oh, you like brothers Quay and Guy Maddin too?, we have similar taste for movies. I need to check Taxidermia, found the dvd at amazon.uk.
          Last edited by Diego; 09-26-2008, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

The cremator by Hertz
            I'm a cybork by Chan-wook

Tartan films went bankrupt, cancelled lady vengeance bluray release (pal) :(
            That company had a great catalogue, too bad.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• airboyair
              • Oct 2006

esp for Kira, I recommend BELLA
              Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

Where there was once one,
                There are now two.
                Or were there always two?
                What is a reflection?
                A chance to see two?
                When there are chance for reflections,
                There can always be two or more.
                Only when we are everywhere
                will there be just one.

I just finished watching the Twin Peaks Series.

Bella- added to my netflix queue
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

a nice friend gave me "salo" criterion, haven't seen it in 11 years.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• klangspiel
                    • Apr 2007

Oh, you like brothers Quay and Guy Maddin too?,
                    what do you guys think of the latest maddin, my winnepeg?
                    i missed it this year at the local film festival. there were two screenings
                    but both clashed with the new rohmer and rivette.

from the reviews i've read, sounds like it has a thematic continuity with his previous, brand upon the brain!, which fortunately i have seen.
                    Last edited by klangspiel; 09-29-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      a nice friend gave me "salo" criterion, haven't seen it in 11 years.
                      let us know what you think after you watch. i haven't seen it, but i'm not sure i want to either. maybe it can revive the "why we watch revoltingly violent movies" debate.

Watched Paris, Texas. I thought it was very good - the last scene is absolutely heartbreaking.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
                        • Mar 2008

salo-i coud not eat after i watched it

john waters is on my tv
                        but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

No need for debates, either you sit through it or you don't. I find it technically very interesting, no camera movements, as if the viewer is peeping through a hole in a wall. What you find is a disturbing view of fascism. Polanski said it better:

"You have to show violence the way it is. If you don't show it realistically, then that's immoral and harmful. if you don't upset people, then that's obscenity"

I think I'll watch Buttgereit's Nekromantik or Cerda's Aftermath this week, haha.

I love John Waters, specially mondo trasho and the egg lady in pink flamingos.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No need for debates, either you sit through it or you don't. I find it technically very interesting, no camera movements, as if the viewer is peeping through a hole in a wall. What you find is a disturbing view of fascism. Polanski said it better:

"You have to show violence the way it is. If you don't show it realistically, then that's immoral and harmful. if you don't upset people, then that's obscenity"

I think I'll watch Buttgereit's Nekromantik or Cerda's Aftermath this week, haha.

I love John Waters, specially mondo trasho and the egg lady in pink flamingos.
                            Then what is this bullshit let's-hug-with-the-Nazis weepy he did? I mean he put Spielberg to shame with that one.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

Didn't watch that one and I'm allergic to Spielberg films so I can't say.

Klangspiel- haven't seen my winnepeg but brand upon the brain is great.

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

somehow I doubt that polanski had Nekromantik in mind when he said that plus, as much as I liked the movie, I remember those sfx being seriously bottom shelf unrealism, but maybe I remember wrong (aftermath, of course, is a different story)? and while we're on this topic, has anyone had a chance to see Martyrs yet?

re: My Winnipeg, I saw it over the summer and liked it, but there are some slow stretches and it's definitely no Careful.

EDIT: and diego, if you do get around to seeing Taxidermia let me know what you think.
                                Last edited by maldoror; 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎