Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

watched hot fuzz yesterday and watched la doulos and asphalt jungle last week.

hot fuzz was fun since it had all the characters from my favorite british shows that i've been watching a lot of recently (black books, peep show, spaced).

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
      watched hot fuzz yesterday and watched la doulos and asphalt jungle last week.

hot fuzz was fun since it had all the characters from my favorite british shows that i've been watching a lot of recently (black books, peep show, spaced).
      I'm kinda sad that you'd watch these three movies and decide to comment on hot fuzz instead of Le doulos or the asphalt jungle.

Faust: gone baby gone was quite decent, reminded me I should read that guy's books (some writer as mystic river).
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Yea, although I thought this was much better than mystic river. Mystic River also had a tragic aspect, but you could still point and say "this guy is bad, this guy is good."
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I watched Dracula. I don't know why. I meant to order Interview with the Vampire, but had an epic brain fart I suppose.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• arny068
            • Apr 2008

has anyone seen Max Payne ? i wanted to go but i heard it was bad. enjoyed the PC game

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Watched In Bruges over the weekend. I liked it - it was a well done film, tragic and comic, well acted, even by the despicable Farrell. And it was good to revisit Bruges visually - I was there a year and a half ago, it really is enchanting.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Watched In Bruges over the weekend. I liked it - it was a well done film, tragic and comic, well acted, even by the despicable Farrell. And it was good to revisit Bruges visually - I was there a year and a half ago, it really is enchanting.
                See, everyone like that movie. It's a rare thing; both elegiac and hilariously funny in a vulgar way.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ Yep! I was surprised to see some lukewarm reviews actually, don't remember where now... I also liked good old European fun poking at Americans (and the always-confused-for-Americans Canadians)

Started watching History Boys yesterday - so far so good. Got Sicko today. Maybe I'll play it in the background during the Halloween party tomorrow.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    /\ Yep! I was surprised to see some lukewarm reviews actually, don't remember where now... I also liked good old European fun poking at Americans (and the always-confused-for-Americans Canadians)

Started watching History Boys yesterday - so far so good. Got Sicko today. Maybe I'll play it in the background during the Halloween party tomorrow.
                    I really enjoyed the History Boys. I love Stephen Campbell Moore. He worked with us on a project last year at Frieze.
                    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                      watched recently:

Nakagawa's jigoku (criterion)
                      Nakagawa's kaidan-kasanegafuchi
                      Franju's eyes without a face (criterion)
                      Cronenberg's naked lunch (criterion)
                      Gordon's from beyond

I'm taking a break from work, plenty of time for movies.
                      check out stuart gordon's adaptation of david mamet's edmond with william h. macy. it's a crime that this film was so overlooked. i thought it was one of the best from that year (05).
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Huxley
                        • Dec 2007

It was alright. I wanted it to be better, but it was still fun.

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          check out stuart gordon's adaptation of david mamet's edmond with william h. macy. it's a crime that this film was so overlooked. i thought it was one of the best from that year (05).
                          I'll look for it, thanks AKA.

Comment

• maldoror
                            • Jun 2007

revisited this last night. perhaps even more incredible than before. an inexplicably unsettling, powerfully uncanny viewing experience.

EDIT: can you see me now?
                            Last edited by maldoror; 10-31-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

revisited this last night. perhaps even more incredible than before. an inexplicably unsettling, powerfully uncanny viewing experience.
                              What is it M?, can't see the pic.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                                What is it M?, can't see the pic.
                                Neither can I, which leads me to assume that M revisited emptiness yesterday, which can truly be an unsettling and uncanny experience!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎