Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

It's not out. I watched it through *ahem* alternative *ahem* means.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

it opened on december 17...
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
        it opened on december 17...
        probably opens later in the rest of the world.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• D_S
          • Jul 2008

Just saw Goodbye Lenin. Its a sweet film, not great but not bad. Then again I was teetering over the border of still smashed/ridiculously hungover after the new years day brunch so I probably need to watch again to fully absorb.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

The car chase sequence in The Bourne Ultimatum, where it starts with Bourne driving off of the parking garage backwards, is almost nauseating...have seen it before but forgot how much action there is there.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by D_S View Post
              Just saw Goodbye Lenin. Its a sweet film, not great but not bad. Then again I was teetering over the border of still smashed/ridiculously hungover after the new years day brunch so I probably need to watch again to fully absorb.
              I thought it was stupid. If you want a good film along the similar lines, watch The Lives of Others.

Kira, what about the scene in London train station?! That was incredible. the last one was easily the best film of the trilogy.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I thought it was stupid. If you want a good film along the similar lines, watch The Lives of Others.

Kira, what about the scene in London train station?! That was incredible. the last one was easily the best film of the trilogy.
                that one is good too. the whole movie is good. i like all three but one and three are my fav's.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                  • Jan 2008

So Notorious, a movie about Notorious B.I.G.'s life is coming out pretty soon here. I have a problem with it though.

The full trailer for the film NOTORIOUS, Now playing in theaters everywhere!Check out www.notorious09.com for more info.

why does it look like it was produced by Phil Donahue?
                  I half expected to see "From the writers of Reading Rainbow" halfway through. "Lifetime Presents."
                  Are they trying to make a gangster rappers life the feel good movie of the year?
                  Originally posted by ddohnggo
                  fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

thanks for confirming my hunch that this film is a waste of time.

for some reason, they just can't make a good hip hop movie.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

i thought belly was pretty good, despite being very poorly written and acted... and i never liked hype williams.

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

This could be cross-posted in the youtube listings perhaps but there is some amazing stuff on there to watch ---

La Jetee is on youtube for example which is always a good time pass.

Also, along the classic-and-makes-you-want-to-cry-its-so-fucking-perfect lines: there is this short adaptation of a Ray Bradbury story:

Based on a short story by Ray Bradbury. It's a sad story. :(

If you havent seen it, I highly recommend it (its divided into 3 parts).

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                          Finally watched The Wrestler. Beautiful, poetic film, although maybe a bit heavy for me at this point in time, certainly didn't do much to alleviate my brooding. It inspired me to put up as my facebook status "Matthew is Randy The Ram Robinson."
                          Such an amazing film. Penn was good but Rourke absolutely killed it...

Comment

• mamaboy
                            • Mar 2008

o "scince of sleep"---i almost cried....i wanna be in love again

the wrestler made me go to gym again----go figure ...
                            but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Watched a couple of documentaries:

Planet B-Boy - Incredible. The emotions the film portrayed were just bursting off the screen.

Gonzo: The Life and Work of Hunter Thompson - Skip. Waste of time.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gusgusterson
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                                Such an amazing film. Penn was good but Rourke absolutely killed it...
                                I did not expect to, but really liked Milk. Penn and Franco are incredible. I found it to be quiet, not heavy handed, but moving especially considering Prop 8, etc.
                                Are any of the other recent Van Sant movies worthwile?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎