Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

If you don't own a multi-region player, you can always rip (and break region) to your computer using handbrake.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
      Damn, I really need to get an all region player.
      cheaper than grandMA panties.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

Most definitely .

edit- not cheaper than grandma but here you go:

Multiregio Blu-ray spelers die discs uit alle regio's kunnen afspelen

multi-region blu-ray.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
          Most definitely .
          I sometimes get so fucking jaded with prices of other things as compared to clothing. I'd catch myself balking at paying $250 for an iPOD, and then think, "I paid what for another shirt?" This probably goes for many of us here.
          Last edited by Faust; 02-09-2009, 11:08 AM.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KM80
            • Mar 2008

I've been meaning to get an all region player for over 10 years now, since I first started to watch quit a few foreign movies, but I've just always put it off. In the meantime I think I'll check out handbrake, my brother was just talking about it the other day.

I watched the original version of Haxan and Metropolis (I just realized what your avi was from Diego) over the weekend. Haxan was way better than that cut down narrated version from the 60's. I'd been avoiding watching it again because the 60's version left a bad taste in my mouth years ago, but the original was great. And Metropolis is just fucking amazing, I loved the scene with the workers walking into the mouth of the devil machine, and the robot as Maria was insane, I loved it.

Comment

• huskiesonice
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
              Damn, I really need to get an all region player.
              Most DVD players can be adjusted to become multi region, it's usually just a case of entering a software code. DVD players are not built to be single region - that is usually a constraint added by the manufacturers as an afterthought.

For example, when I bought my DVD player the friendly shop owner decoded it to become multi player in about 5 seconds.

Judicious use of Google?

Comment

• KM80
                • Mar 2008

I actually read that before and tried to do it but failed, I think I remember seeing something about using a universal remote to do it, which I don't think I did...

Comment

• huskiesonice
                  • Mar 2008

I have not heard of a universal remote - but I am pretty sure most DVD players can be made multi region with a simple adjustment. You must have a techy friend somewhere?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by huskiesonice View Post
                    I have not heard of a universal remote - but I am pretty sure most DVD players can be made multi region with a simple adjustment. You must have a techy friend somewhere?
                    Some wonderful 5 second googling:

พนันกีฬา กีฬาออนไลน์ เป็นเว็บพนันกับเกมกีฬาออนไลน์ ที่จะช่วยสร้างรายได้ให้กับผู้ที่ชื่นชอบ การเดิมพันและสร้างรายได้ได้เป็นอย่างดี

hope it works for you!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

13 Tzameti - talk about nihilistic! Still, riveting.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

...and then Taxidermia. Good recommendation.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by D_S View Post
                          Waltz with Bashir - First half was exactly what I expected, second half a bit more engaging. Not a total bullshit sympathy film and goddamn I miss Tel Aviv. Person for person, the most dense population of beautiful women in the world (off topic).
                          I really liked it - what do you mean by bullshit sympathy? sympathy for all humans involved? My only critique would be that I expected more from Amon Tobin's soundtrack.

Comment

• mamaboy
                            • Mar 2008

saw marina abramovic last night...bitch should be on zietgeist...
                            but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• maldoror
                              • Jun 2007

^ a six pack is often the only friend friend I need for a proper fulci experience, but there's nothing like seeing one of his classic in a movie theater full of other fans. that experience made exhumed films one of the best parts of growing up in philly.

I've never been that fond of new york ripper myself. aside from the novelty of the donald duck voice and the insanity of certain kills (albeit with remarkably shitty fx work) there's really not that much going on there. I prefer fulci when he's in more surreal territory, e.g., the beyond, city of the living dead, and house by the cemetary. imo the beyond is easily the best of the lot, and has an insanely good soundtrack by fabio frizzi. if new york ripper is your current high water mark, you're in for a real treat

Comment

• mamaboy
                                • Mar 2008

anybody is a paul mccarthy videos fan ?
                                but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎