• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
    i'm a little miffed with faust's comment. granted, aitor's collaborative work is nothing to write home about, but dismissing his entire body of work or ideas as empty hype & bullshit is a little too much. you know i'm all for discriminating tastes, eugene, and i seriously believe this guy to be one of the more potentially-promising people out there as of today
    Let me clarify - I was not talking about his ouevre!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

I feel his latest collab with SO/CP is his best thus far.
      Re creating the 1000m goggles jacket for its 20th anniversary.
      Fully functioning,fully moveable,adjust from standing to seated position blah blah de blah!

VIDEO-INTERVIEW-PICS

C.P. Company is the Original Italian Sportswear brand specializing in garment dyed technology since 1971. Shop on the Official Online Store.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
      Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 10-29-2009, 08:37 AM.
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• swych
        • May 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
        Fully functioning,fully moveable,adjust from standing to seated position blah blah de blah!
        What a crap presentation. Listen to him, the fist innovation he implemented to elevate the classic was goretex. where are the design concepts?

The only thing in there was the idea of fabric tension in the driving position, but even then the construction and effect didn't show through enough. yet again, another idea that fails to make the jump into reality.

Merz are those shot, cropped and presented by you? I'd really like to see those pieces in a whole look, and not separated into the individual quirky details. Really itching to see this guy make something work on a larger more harmonious level, where the joints were no just individual quirks here and there, but informed the look as a whole.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

It seems that you did not listen very closely to what was said....
          instead of me writing it out,i just suggest giving your ear holes a thorough clean and listen once again...
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Silver
            • Sep 2008

I've never been able to make my mind up about his work, for me it feels a little dated if anything.. it reminds me of a now defunct London label called Vexed Generation which made very similar stuff...

I'd be interested to see where he goes after the CP project.
            http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• cabl3
              • Dec 2008

Im gonna have to say that those goggle/mask/ninja hoodies and things of the sort, have little if no significance to Aitor's work.

True the similarity is there on a very obvious and visual level, but Aitor clearly has a much more interesting vision that extends beyond what vg was.
              "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
              - Wilde

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

The fact remains that the piece is not aitors design,but a reworking of a classic and iconic CP piece.
                So it cannot really be judged as HIS work. It was a re working for the jackets 20th anniversary.
                He updated a classic whilst bringing in new elements without taking it too far away from the original.
                Its probably one of the best collaborative efforts i have seen in a long while.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

And it will sell like water in a desert, that's for sure.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• marco-von
                    • Feb 2009

Yeh to wannabe footie hooligans. CP suffers from the same fate as burberry/stoneisland in the UK.

Comment

• cabl3
                      • Dec 2008

Right, the goggle jacket itself is not HIS work, I was referring to the rest of his garments as a whole, and not that one in specific.
                      "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                      - Wilde

Comment

• seenmy
                        • May 2009

'Merz are those shot, cropped and presented by you? I'd really like to see those pieces in a whole look, and not separated into the individual quirky details. Really itching to see this guy make something work on a larger more harmonious level, where the joints were no just individual quirks here and there, but informed the look as a whole.'

have you watched the showstudio film he produced for the funeral collection all the items can be seen in there.

Founded by Nick Knight, SHOWstudio pushes the boundaries of communicating fashion with live content, innovative collaborations and unique conversations from leading global figures.

the project is also documented on the website

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎