• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEWisMe
    • Jul 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Avantster"]

It's good and it's from a different season - should be s/s 05 indicated by the SAFE stamp.

[/quote]

So if it has SAFE on it then it's from the '05 season? My grey / white paper belt has SAFE on it and Satoru told me it's from the SS '07 season. My boots also have SAFE on them and they're from the SS '07 season (w/ the horse bit chain thing).

Sorry for the noobie question. But thanks in advance for clarifying!

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

SAFE was the them from S/S 05, but now he stamps his leather goods with it at random. I have a feeling that he maybe got ahead of himself with the SAFE collection and is using the overstock leather.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEWisMe
        • Jul 2007

That makes sense. Thanks very much!
        "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• LEWisMe
          • Jul 2007

Question about his jointed boots:

How many versions of it exist? I noticed that the version that A carries does not have a joint in the toe box area but the one that Lazzari carries does. Does anyone know if there are other variations? Thanks!

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

These are the two variations that he created. Although the Lazzari one is more "spectacular", the one at A is also something damn remarkable.

I had strongly considered the Lazzari ones but in the end did not get them. How long the jointed leather will last is one BIG question and the other is that it's just too "intense" of a piece for me to justify the price tag as it would not be worn very often at all as much as I'd hate to admit it. Absolutely beaaauuuutttiful piece though!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i want carol to design a buttless jointed leather chaps in overdyed yellow with 'safe' stamped on them.
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• LEWisMe
                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

These are the two variations that he created. Although the Lazzari one is more "spectacular", the one at A is also something damn remarkable.

I had strongly considered the Lazzari ones but in the end did not get them. How long the jointed leather will last is one BIG question and the other is that it's just too "intense" of a piece for me to justify the price tag as it would not be worn very often at all as much as I'd hate to admit it. Absolutely beaaauuuutttiful piece though!

[/quote]

Thanks! Now I just have to find the Lazzari version in a 7. Any thoughts on where to find that?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Maybe custom order through the Library...I don't know of many places that picked those shoes up, let alone I doubt there were too many made for production. Another bet might be to check out some Japanese stores. There are some proxies that will call up the stores for you and ask, so that may be a good route to take. Good luck! They are amazing looking boots.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• LEWisMe
                    • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]Maybe custom order through the Library...I don't know of many places that picked those shoes up, let alone I doubt there were too many made for production. Another bet might be to check out some Japanese stores. There are some proxies that will call up the stores for you and ask, so that may be a good route to take. Good luck! They are amazing looking boots.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll look into it when I get settled in to my new town!

Comment

• LEWisMe
                      • Jul 2007

Hey guys,

I just read from page 48 to present and am feeling a strong urge to pick up some CCP stuff like, right now. [86]

Since I can't find the double jointed boots right now, I'm thinking about the object dyed gloves and scarred derby from A. I've got a couple of questions and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Gloves - I'm moving from Hawaii to Seattle in a month and it'll be the coldest place I've ever lived - will these gloves keep my digits warm or should I forego form for more function?

Derby - the only thing I found on it was Pnod's 1 sentence review back in November. Anyone have anything to add to it? Thoughts on the leather, design, or even the value? At $1,750, they're $50 more than the boots I picked up last year! My concern with it is that it might dig into the outside facing ankle bones since it's not cut lower on that side. My Aldens are lower on the outside so they're very comfy.

Thanks!

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

I just read from page 48 to present and am feeling a strong urge to pick up some CCP stuff like, right now.

[74]

gloves--they wont keep your fingers warm as there is only a thin lining. although they might be ok for seattle. below 40 i don't think so.

derby-- you don't have to worry about your ankle bones. at 1750 for the russian bull leather sole, considering you'll probably have them your whole life, and he only made 12, and the scarred leather will be unlike anything else you own, i'd say its a steal. but good look finding those in your size.

aka mentioned another derby version based on the jointed boot leather. i briefly looked at this, but i was disappointed with it and the boot. the leather was just beyond unforgiving.

p nid

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="LEWisMe"]Gloves - I'm moving from Hawaii to Seattle in a month and it'll be the coldest place I've ever lived - will these gloves keep my digits warm or should I forego form for more function? [/quote]

While I haven't actually handled the gloves, I would say that whatever the material, they should work pretty well for a good portion of the Seattle winter. It doesn't get too unbearably cold here.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

forget ccp. if you're moving to seattle, you need to buy some northface fleece pieces and northface jackets. lulz.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

or just wait til number nine f/w 08 hits the stores
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

funny, i was just going to suggest some n(n) flannel pieces. and change your name to kurdt and buy a jagstang guitar.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎