• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Casius"]

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that some of these jointed pieces restrict the wearers movement when they're supposed to do the opposite? [75]

I still love em all though!

[/quote]

yes that was my discovery w the crotch / knee. i'm actually finally into them after months of bitching about the fit. it is a truly different experience wearing the joints, its like you're a robot, and/or each limb is "disjointed" (the name of the season) from the other...ahhhhh ah ha....making you much more segmented and aware of your motion. they're not designed to create fluid motion. quite the opposite. my man.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Pnid- You got the double jointed pants right? I'm thinking about taking the plunge.....
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

cas, everytime you post you gotta a new thing you're after....you best be focusing son...crotch / knee joints from EM. the ones in the mj pose.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I know man, I know....There's just too much good shit out there. Those jointed pants will probably be one of the last things I acquire (if I even do) for Spring. First it's boots, then some shirts.....Trust me, I'm way to organized when it comes to spending money...It's a gift and a curse.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Casius"]I know man, I know....There's just too much good shit out there. Those jointed pants will probably be one of the last things I acquire (if I even do) for Spring. First it's boots, then some shirts.....Trust me, I'm way to organized when it comes to spending money...It's a gift and a curse.[/quote]

please share your gift (no curses necessary) in these times of rsg.

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Casius"]

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that some of these jointed pieces restrict the wearers movement when they're supposed to do the opposite? [75]

I still love em all though!

[/quote]

yes that was my discovery w the crotch / knee. i'm actually finally into them after months of bitching about the fit. it is a truly different experience wearing the joints, its like you're a robot, and/or each limb is "disjointed" (the name of the season) from the other...ahhhhh ah ha....making you much more segmented and aware of your motion. they're not designed to create fluid motion. quite the opposite. my man.

[/quote]

i do not wear these pieces, nor have I tried any on, maybe I should...[^o)] forcing awareness of motion and the non-fluidity of motion is what I think makes these pieces intruiging to me.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• uparmoured
                • Sep 2007

That explains why the metal CCP tag on my jointed pants were inscribed with THIS LINK...
                FS: M.A+
                FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• sheshelis
                  • Mar 2008

let me interupt you all in the jointed carol theme (i've been reading SZ but excuse my laisy fingers..[79])

start from the begining:

i had my hands on most of the jointed stuff from autumn witnter season and i must say the look was extraordinary (the price followed and even killled..well you know that)

unfortunatelly i needed to discard everything which was not leather - poor quality! pants were falling apart, not much joy with the jackets too. and the coats actually i prefered with classic/raglan shoulder! those were awsome!

the jointed leather bomber jacket was a killer! slim sleeve, mixed shoulder, tall neck! and then the waxed wool version of that...ahh...

hard to wear but once you get in to it..

leather jointed parka followed the first two: amasinglysoft leather and the maximum wearing comfort! and ofcourse the look of it...

i do admire the jointed boots! verysharp look, great leather finish, all distressed, but they killed my feeton the places where the seem of the jointsare. great to look at but not to wear.

same with armour joint jacket! it felt that its made of steel not of leather! if you speeding on the bike 200mph and fall of with that jacket - life is saved! but not every day wearing..slow suicide and the price!... 10k!

in these short memoirs i shall praisemixed shoulderlong leather coat!!! that was is and will be on of the best pieces!!

ah just to mention buckle boot: the buckles ends up falling out....

some time in the future i shallgive my opinionss2008.... but leathers are wicked!!i can tell you now!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks for the further rundown on the mythical jointed dragon slayer jacket Buratino :)

I would love to see a photo of someone wearing the jointed jacket, jointed leather pants (still haven't seen a photo of that piece) and the jointed boots all together.

$5 to whoever can get a good photo taken of it!

You may not be able to move... but you'll be the most badass guy standing still. Wherever that may be.

[/quote]

doesn't osm19 own one? or does it own him?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pipcleo
                      • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• buratino
                        • Feb 2007

my fingers are also not ready to right(maybe, after wearing mummi-gloves %)) down about all broken buttons on all shirts,the stretched elastic bands on the B. Pitt jointed-elbow jkt, first-second daybrokenstitching onshoe marked 01 from passed aw season(don't count my broken fingers on both feet & hands :)), spoiled pcs with the first laundry & so far & so on... just want the crab-stuff(& not only) with all the difficulties it can bring :)

handling & wearing those piecesis not a plaeasure,isa duty! art don't have to be comfotable... & can bring some money losses(it doesn't mean you have to buy it, also good is just to enjoy it or not)

the brain, the feelcould beshoked reading some strong literature, looking at some masterpieces of art & so on, why make the body feel better?

sorry for the pose :)

Comment

• pipcleo
                          • Jan 2007

Comment

• buratino
                            • Feb 2007

70% of all buttons on my shirts are broken. maybe, only i'm unlucky

sorry pipcleo, but it's written "crab"(how people in l'ecl call the jkt & the pants) instead of "crap". if you mean this?

Comment

• pipcleo
                              • Jan 2007

Comment

• buratino
                                • Feb 2007

in patience i'm afraid

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎