X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deleuze
    • Jul 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Somehow I think this relates to the whole lookbook/posting pics on the web controversy a while ago. Art has always been elitist; hype and mass demand negate that. Carol-Artist vs. Carol-Whore.Is the obsession over his signature piecesfacilitating the latter?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

I think STEALTH is desultory's alter-ego when he's off his meds...with all due respect to both parties.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• dunaj
        • Feb 2007

[quote user="STEALTH"]

To get back on track :

Am I wrong in thinking that people are overly obsessed with the LEATHER and BOOTS

And this is possibly harmful to the Brand and the man ?

(Oops I am giving away my agenda already)

[/quote]

I honestly don't see any overt obsession with brands like CCP on this board. People may have a preference and an affinity towards CCP, but most of the implied "obsession" that you see is generally tongue-in-cheek, and reflects more admiration than anything. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to imply that the correct way to consume a brand such as CCP is quietly and discreetly, and your problem is not so much in the purchase of leather jackets and boots, but rather in the extensive discussion of leather jackets and boots. Is that what you're getting at? I mean, you can't really have a problem with people buying this stuff--people will spend their own money how they see fit. For some, the pieces may serve as art to be admired, but that is only secondary to the primary goal of consumption. It's only natural that people discuss the things that they find interesting and appealing, and to label that as "unhealthy obsession" seems unnecessary.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Diego"]already own fencing, looking for black overlock in 46-48. I have centurion and my assistant looking for that everywhere but I will tell them to search for yours too.[/quote]

i know where to find them. in my closet.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

looks like i missed out on a lively 12 hours, nice to see some discussion other than stockists and prices. gotta love stealth. don't give a fuck what he says, but you can tell by the way the mofo TYPES that he hasn't had a blowjob in years.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

ahah its funny even though its typed people still love to hear the sound of their own voice.

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

Prices and hype aside, I can appreciate what Carol is bringing into the fashion world as well as the discussion of it as he continues to propose challenging ideas that go against the norm. I think someone like Margiela does a similar thing, but on a wider, more accessible scale...however my respect for CCP goes above that which I have for MMM, mainly because none of his work offers any easy way out. I've always admired designers whose work produces something that engages a continuing dialogue between the wearer and the clothes, rather than just something that is a quick fashion fix. Which is why a lot of what is marketed and passed off as high fashion these days from major houses doesn't interest me so much...even some of the smaller labels, i feel like it is something people buy into and throw on and anyone can get in on the action. With someone like CCP, i find it refreshing because this is not so much the case...it requires a certain amount of self assurance and depth to appreciate and pull off the clothes.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

matthew hk try swearing, its fun[^o)]

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

it's odd....i'm pretty crass and even deviant on some other forums and in real life, but somehow i'm pretty restrained on SZ discussions. oh well...

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

remember, ballers show no restraint

edit: they just dish

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Anyone know how much the white leather jacket with the jointed elbows is going for at A? Would also like a price on the perforated leather/double buckle belt if anyone knows it off the top of their heads. TIA.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• desultory
                          • Aug 2007

Someone just phoned me from New Mexico and told me my name had been taken in vain on the Carol Christian Poell thread on Stylezeitgeist.com and now that I've read what was said (and then what Stealth was saying) I've now decided to eradicate myself once and for all from this forum and I intend to eradicate Stealth too. :)

Comment

• random
                            • Dec 2007

[quote user="DHC"]Anyone know how much the white leather jacket with the jointed elbows is going for at A? Would also like a price on the perforated leather/double buckle belt if anyone knows it off the top of their heads. TIA.
                            [/quote]

as mesh said, it was $6200 at A.

I don't exist.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

[quote user="random"]

[quote user="DHC"]Anyone know how much the white leather jacket with the jointed elbows is going for at A? Would also like a price on the perforated leather/double buckle belt if anyone knows it off the top of their heads. TIA.
                              [/quote]

as mesh said, it was $6200 at A.

[/quote]

Oops! Missed that. Thanks Vamp Master J!

Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

[quote user="desultory"]Someone just phoned me from New Mexico and told me my name had been taken in vain on the Carol Christian Poell thread on Stylezeitgeist.com and now that I've read what was said (and then what Stealth was saying) I've now decided to eradicate myself once and for all from this forum and I intend to eradicate Stealth too. :)[/quote]

I'm sorry I had to resort to such extreme measures to get a long overdue post from you desultory. You remain my favorite entity on SZ. Please don't disappear. ;)

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎