X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Heh, I don't need no warmth here! I wanna be light as a feather. Perfed leather, perfed jeans, and perfed rubber band boots! Holla!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I'm going for that look because it's practical! You don't need to stop to pee any longer! pshhhh like a built in sprinkler system!

The perfed sole rubber band boots though... I'm becoming a convert to the idea. that shit is lubleee

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

yeah they are loud when moving. swish. swish. swish.

[/quote]

the sound of a baller. all net.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Those perf boots are no joke....they're actually pretty cool. The smooth sole band boots on the other hand.....not feelin' it.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

I just had to post Runner's explanation of this season...

"his collection is an intertwined mass of a good few elements. there should be several angles from which it is to be observed. so it could look different from each viewpoint.

but for S/S 08 it seems that the technical emphasis is on extensive weight reduction.
            all has made lighter some way or other, and some are even airy.
            perforation, ventilation, transparency, paper or cellophane-like materials, dry kangaroo, goat, ripstop nylon, filmy clear polyester, clear thread as fine as spiders', tape almost like membrane, and altimately just glue on seams instead of tape, etc.
            even the lookbook model chosen this time looks the least serious of all in ccp history, and has a light air, and it is styled in a light mood.

they went on location for the presentation for the first time in years.
            it took place in a lavatory in the dilapidated factory.
            a lavatory as a systematized place where man's character manifests itself
            which is what this collection got inspiration largely from.
            protection, taboo, circulation, water, chute, things arranged in systematic order such as stalls, tiles, affinity...
            a series of highlight pieces displayed in each stall is the item whose lining is coupled together only on the bottom. the lining is made of transparent water repellent ripstop nylon. so if you are wearing the item and are caught in the rain, you can pull out the lining and u-turn it and make a rainwear of it. if the item is a jacket or coat, the lining has a retractable hood.
            that way it may be convertible or utility gear rather than just reversible, double-faced, or mirrerd thing. of course it just looks cool. for example if it's leather jacket, the dry transparent ripstop goes well with leather, and it would be interesting when pulled out and tied around the waist.
            it comes in various items like jacket, blazer, coat, trousers, shorts, etc.
            and they are called "jacket-chute", "bomber-chute", "parka-chute", "shorts-chute", "trousers-chute", etc.
            the lining is object-dyed and tape-seamed with elbow joints. it cannot be worn separately.
            but instead there is a version without the lining available, and also the lining available by itself, named "autarchic parka".
            each item could look like form and its own shadow when it is hung from the ceiling with the lining pulled out and falling to the floor. it's a bit of a spectacle.
            also it's fantastic like ecdysis.
            but if it's in a stall and the bottom tip is near the overflow and especially the bottom half is transparent, it might look as if it implied water circulation going from top to bottom. and variation of those clothing-chute's in respective stalls could look like variety among characters of human beings there in some way.
            sometimes I don't really know if he is doing it seriously or is joking.
            you know once there was a leather condom, e.g.

but I guess even if it's just a joke, at least he is doing it without cutting any corners."

"the systematic arrangements (especially tiles) in lavatory were transferred into the crosshatching of the threads in ripstop and the arrangement of the perforations applied to the leather sole, etc.

there are no denim this season, but some heavy (for spring) cotton equivalent to denim is available. it comes in the box trousers/shorts and the style of denim jacket, named "cage jeans".
            it too has perforations.
            but if you look closely, they are punched out into square.

since this is another water collection in a way, the new boots are rain boots with rubber bands around the ankles, even though it's in name only.
            basically they come in two upper styles.
            one has a front wraparound flap, the other has an inside slit.
            there are three sole types.
            the usual sole except for being perforated,
            moccasin (hard sole sewn up on the lower side) with heel,
            full mocassin (without heel) set on sort of sandal (really the regular sole with rubber bands attached, so it's like the mocassin is wearing the sandal, sorry for my bad english) which is detachable.
            besides those new things, the standard zippered boots and oxfords will be produced if ordered.
            all is object-dyed.

every leather piece is available in five colors this spring
            white (cream or ivory depending on leather)
            yellow
            olive-ish grey you might call drab (also the olive tone gets much weaker on goat, eg)
            darker olive-ish grey
            and black navy (dark dark navy)

there are four styles of leather jackets.
            sort of signature "sports jacket"
            bomber
            short coat with a stand-up collar they call "parka"
            jacket similar to the sports jkt, but a bit longer in length and more fitted, with a smaller collar.

only sports jkt is object-dyed and calf. it has evolved further.
            elbow joint instead of the elbow patch. but all the joints applied to this collection have evolved as well into "allowances". it's more subtle and feels much lighter.
            and "scars-stitched" instead of overlocked, in line with weight reduction again.
            it's a fine work with a fine thread.
            lastly it looked slightly shortened.

the rest are object-tanned, and come with or without the ripstop lining.
            and they come in both goat and kangaroo, except the jacket with a smaller collar which comes only in goat.
            they produce the perforated version with kangaroo.

plus there is a vest which is categorized as a bag.
            if observed from the water angle, this "vest bag" can seem to parallel the stabiliser jacket you'd wear underwater, with shoulder straps, metal hook closure around the breast, two inflatable parts in the front as bags. the front bags have zippers where both sides meet."

"the elements here could also be bundled by words like sporty, industrial, utility, transplant...

to cite a few more instances, elastic hemed shirt, rubber band on boot, ripstop chute lining, polyester nonchute lining
            vest/bag, townwear/rainwear, boot/sandal, shirt/coat, etc.
            "sleeve trousers" where his tailored curved arms were transplanted into legs.
            some items were edged/hemmed with glue.
            and this idea of glue was extended as a design/embellishment to for example
            "glued on seams" of pale colored lightweight cotton.
            so the industrial/bandaid colored glue seeping dangerously through makes some trimming effect on seems, cuffs, collar, etc.
            it could look polluted, but, maybe because the glue contrasts the tremendously conscientious finishing of the details, it can look even clean at the same time.

silver for S/S 08 includes:
            clip necklace
            clipboard necklace
            necklace made of beaded silver aglets (lace of spun silver which is solid with silver aglets)
            spring coin holder necklace in two size
            the coin holder itself in large size
            pantograph bracelet
            pantograph ring in two sizes

the pantograph mechanics were applied to belts as well, but it's not sterling silver in this case.
            it's a kind of folding thing like the gate below.
            full metal pantograph belt,
            half metal pantograph half object-tanned leather one,

and object-tanned one which has the mechanics only as a coupling between buckle and leather"

These were probably posted before...but ah well. Just a refresher.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

runner is pretty much the only reason I ever even check tFS. Dude knows his stuff and he's got a BALLER personal collection as well.

thanks for the copy/paste to bring that info here Cas!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I agree 100%. He was one of the only reasons I visited as well. He always has the best info.

Oh and no worries! I was just reading through it again and forgot at how informative it is.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

agreed with the fellas.

curious to know what the matadors are. from what I saw at Lift, the pants I liked the most were pretty simple ones but they had a small joint in the crotch which I believe could be quite functional. they had them in black and light grey. if I can find those in my size anywhere I will timecop for sure.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Joint crotch pant in black....sign me up.

Comment

• Kancil
                      • Mar 2008

Has anyone handled any of his silver? If so, could you explain what's so special about it.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Haha, well, they were placed by urinals for the installation show....[/quote]

Buratino, the color of the boots varies with the amount of time each pair spends in the aforementioned urinal. Doesn't it say that on the care instructions label?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

does that mean someone took a dump in the urinal in the case ofthe brown oxfords?
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Kancil"]Has anyone handled any of his silver? If so, could you explain what's so special about it.
                            [/quote]

Nothing.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]does that mean someone took a dump in the urinal in the case ofthe brown oxfords?[/quote]

repeated dumps, my friend. it's a labor intensive process.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• buratino
                                • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Casius"]Haha, well, they were placed by urinals for the installation show....[/quote]

Buratino, the color of the boots varies with the amount of time each pair spends in the aforementioned urinal. Doesn't it say that on the care instructions label?

[/quote]

the difference is so big that it looks like thesated version is made by Augusta ;)

If the colour isn't listed, chances are it is yellow

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎