• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Casius"]

Zam, so there's a machine that goes with that process? Interesting, I'd love to see that process work, sounds cool. I think what I meant by coming a part is just what you said, it may tear the fabric because the glue is so strong.

Joey- Cop cop cop. Glitter and gold.

[/quote]

Yes, the Glue and the taping is quite Similar, except that the Glue fuses the Fabric againstitself as opposed to adding another layer (the tape) to the garment, thus making the Garment lighter than when taped

I need to make some Money, as i am determined to relaunch my label this year..........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]saw glitter suit jacket. mind blowing.
      [/quote]

I hate it how I am not in NYC to see it.. any pictures???[51]

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

also pictured: urine-dyed bathroom mop scarf.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="zamb"][quote user="Casius"]

Zam, so there's a machine that goes with that process? Interesting, I'd love to see that process work, sounds cool. I think what I meant by coming a part is just what you said, it may tear the fabric because the glue is so strong.

[/quote]

Yes, the Glue and the taping is quite Similar, except that the Glue fuses the Fabric againstitself as opposed to adding another layer (the tape) to the garment, thus making the Garment lighter than when taped

I need to make some Money, as i am determined to relaunch my label this year..........

[/quote]

It isn't a machine similar to what is used for fusing collars and cheap suits is it?

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="zamb"][quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It isn't a machine similar to what is used for fusing collars and cheap suits is it?

[/quote]

Absolutely not my good Fellow, it is a specialized Machine Created by a company called Gore-Tex, the technique is called Sonic welding or Sono-bonding and is certainly not used on Cheap suits

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Ah, made by Gore-tex huh? That definitely makes more sense.

BTW, Seal's outfit a few pages back is pretty damn dope.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• soultek
                • Feb 2007

[quote user="zamb"]

Absolutely not my good Fellow, it is a specialized Machine Created by a company called Gore-Tex, the technique is called Sonic welding or Sono-bonding and is certainly not used on Cheap suits

[/quote]

Oh shit, they're ultra sonically welding those seams? cool. Working with one of these machines is a good way to ruin the high frequency sensitivity of your ears (unless it's set higher than the standard 20k). Cool process though.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="soultek"][quote user="zamb"]

[/quote]

Oh shit, they're ultra sonically welding those seams? cool. Working with one of these machines is a good way to ruin the high frequency sensitivity of your ears (unless it's set higher than the standard 20k). Cool process though.

[/quote]

Yes, the machine is very unfriendly to the ears...........we have these big no sound "Ocean" headphone we put on when using the machine

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

^ Cool

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i looked at the ccp lookbook again and everything looks so good. complete 180 for me.

people better got the glitter jacket b/c it's selling quick!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Checked it out yesterday. It's amazing how things are flying out of A despite skyrocketing prices. Something perverted about it.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

in my head, i'm seriously contemplating the long coat with removable lining.

i'm also really surprised people have been snatching the pieces so quickly. the glitter jacket is $3,100, $100 cheaper than the entire A suit from last season.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

they said that its gonna be the most expensive jacket of the season due to the fabric...their clients for the most part are ones that "money is no object"
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• generic_guy
                              • Mar 2007

Was reading the Poell thread on TFS today and noticed TheRunner said Poell did some work for Mandarina Duck a while back. Just wondered if anyone knew what he designed for them?

I bought a Mandarina Duck tee in TK Maxx a while back and to my uneducated eye it looks like the sort of thing he might have done?

Any info would be good (this may be the closest I get to owning any Poell clothing )

Shame it has the logo on the front, would be so much nicer without.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Whoa! Very cool!

You know... the construction is pretty damn similar to the way Carol constructs his stuff (especially that upper back and shoulder/sleeve area). The way the sleeves are done as well from what I can see look like it could very well be a CCP x Mandarina Duck piece. Is there a year on any of the tags? Sometimes it's just in small numbers on one of the care tags maybe... that'd help but looks like you got a winner here. Nice piece :)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎