X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

i hear you on that. i think the best way to really appreciate them is to see them in person and especially try them on. i was sold that way.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i hear you on that. i think the best way to really appreciate them is to see them in person and especially try them on. i was sold that way.
      [/quote]

I totally agree! Self experience is the way to the Poell heaven...[B]

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

i actually didn't like them at first and pretty much anybody who was there told me to go grey over black...luckily almost ever boot i have is black so i was ready to go for the warm grey...and as joey, xadam , and I can all atest, its so good its worthing starting a club over.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

got ya...damn, i am starting to think about it as well...this is pure indoctrination!

But i am not at the same point like you Pnizzle! Waiting for my very fist pair of black Poell boots, more to come and then maybe someday, when i am a Jedi and not a Padawan anymore, i could step up to the grey colours...:)

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

theres enabling and then theres the blatant sz tip off. if you have reached this stage alive, you have nothing to fear except regret. this is your first lesson padawan.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Didnt Darth kill all the Padawans?...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Oh shit, EM still has the jointed black jacket and pants? Black jointed suit anyone?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

why is there no critical analysis of ccp work? some of this is total shit: the clipboard necklace, the perforated shorts, as just two examples,are beyond ajoke - is no one calling it out?

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

why is there no critical analysis of ccp work? some of this is total shit: the clipboard necklace, the perforated shorts, as just two examples, are beyond a joke - is no one calling it out?

[/quote]

Is this your contribution to the 'critical analysis'?

Anyway, I for one don't like any of the perfed items Poell has done for this season. The boots, while cool looking, are not practical in the slightest; The perforated pants/shorts are nothing short of tacky and again, not practical at all. I understand the use of perforations, it works well for Spring/Summer but I think he took it bit too far with these items.

The clipboard necklace isn't really something I would purchase, nor would I purchase the ruler necklace, pen necklace, etc. but I have to admit, they are cool looking. Much of CCP, to me, is impractical but none the less cool to look at.

With that said, there's always misses in any collection, Poell included.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

why is there no critical analysis of ccp work? some of this is total shit: the clipboard necklace, the perforated shorts, as just two examples,are beyond ajoke - is no one calling it out?

[/quote]

aaaahahahaha

I just got a chance to look at the EM photos.

The perforated pieces are straight up scheisse no doubt, but we all knew that from the moment we saw the photos from the Komakino preorder. Perforated shorts, pants and a button front jacket aren't something I'd ever want to wear.

As for the clipboard necklace, it falls square into what I usually expect for CCP necklaces. They're just plain nutty (SS07... the solid iron weight necklace for example). It'd be hilarious to see anyone actually try to wear them.

Like Cas said, you just gotta pick and choose from each season. Store-edited buys can make a WORLD of difference no matter what brand we're talking about.

The perfed gloves actually disappointed me as well. The CCP "official" photo from the showroom (the white pair) looked pretty cool but they seem to fall short in EM's photos. I too also question how well the boots that are slit up the side and just held closed with the rubber band at the top stay on with a day of walking. I was talking with Joey in regards to the rubberband "hockeye" boots as well and questioned their longevity. Granted it's one industrial rubber band but all rubber hardens and cracks/breaks over time and it'd be something difficult to replace.

In all honesty though, I feel like CCP, MA+, LUC have way way more hits than misses than Ann and others. There are those stand out pieces from various lines though that come to the forefront of the season. Those Damir Doma shorts I feel are THE shorts of the spring/summer. Fucking sick shorts.

Joey, if you number 2'd into the perf shorts it would be reminiscent of the play doh extruder kit. Hilariously gross.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                        • Aug 2007

the perfed ankle boots in that greyish color r dooooooooooooooooooope. how much r the perfed shorts ??

Comment

• klangspiel
                          • Apr 2007

really hoping that's the smaller version of the circle bag

cause i want that with my sunday fritters bad

(with chilli and mayo)

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote]

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="klangspiel"]

really hoping that's the smaller version of the circle bag

cause i want that with my sunday fritters bad

(with chilli and mayo)

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote][/quote]

It's a necklace.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

small enough to eat :)

Comment

• Tiger
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2006

it may be a bit off the topic but i'm interested how one found out about this particular designer, Carol Christian Poell. did you just stumble upon his work at your local boutique? or tFS/SZ/online? same question goes for CDiem but that should be posted elsewhere.

sorry for being so out of the blue... just curious ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎