X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

while we've had this discussion somewhere before, its actually healthier for you to leave the boots w/o a condom because the moisture gets trapped in the boot and destroys the leather from the inside. so it might look like you boot is brand new, but its gonna die soon.

and re grey boot hype: these numbers have prob changed but A was astonished that as of last week they had sold 15 grey boots alone in two weeks. they're virtually gone already.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

taps are essential if you're not putting vibrams on the heel IMO. i put some on my cdiems and it wasn't too bothersome while i walked (the heels weren't worn down at all).

nice buy on the VA cardi. looked much better on you than on me. the sleeves made my arms look like sausages.

[/quote]

wheres a good place?

are you having a stoogie and reading a crime novel w your latest score?

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

any cobbler can add taps in like 30 seconds and it costs $2. if you were to get vibrams you should go to firm on 12th st. and 4th ave.

the new purchase is nice. i'm going to have to share it though. ;)

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

i think i'm gonna sell my ccp razor necklace i just got. i had no idea it was for cutting lines, i thought it was for slitting skin.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="buratino"]sorry guys, maybe my mind is sick(defenetelly, it's so) & i have some "bad expirience" in my life, but i guess the piece wich you call a "clipboard neckless" is the stuff for sniffing ...(don't know, what do you preffer)infact [:$] (like some of youdid understand already, i know [H])[/quote]

it all makes sense now.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Trendy Andy
              • Jun 2007

Indeed you are correct, it has been mentioned before somewhere in this forum. I forgot who brought it up though. I then decided to address that question to my cobbler and a couple other reputable cobblers, wanting to hear from the experts. All of them have pretty much said the same thing. The stacked leather on the heel and the rim of the outer soles allows for the leather sole to ventilate and breathe. Sort of like a sponge when you compress downwards. The air still manages to pass through from the sides if not from the bottom.

[quote user="philip nod"]

while we've had this discussion somewhere before, its actually healthier for you to leave the boots w/o a condom because the moisture gets trapped in the boot and destroys the leather from the inside. so it might look like you boot is brand new, but its gonna die soon.

and re grey boot hype: these numbers have prob changed but A was astonished that as of last week they had sold 15 grey boots alone in two weeks. they're virtually gone already.

[/quote]

Comment

• buratino
                • Feb 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]i think i'm gonna sell my ccp razor necklace i just got. i had no idea it was for cutting lines, i thought it was for slitting skin.
                [/quote]

mmm, pnod, if someone uses mirrows or razorsfor cutting lines it doesn't mean you have to throw away all the mirrows & razors from your house or do smth like that with other things people use in those situations(credit cards, banknotes & etc.)

by the way, i've meant only the clipboard wich for me is no doubt purpose piece

...& what about all this CDiem wardrobe with small hidden pockets?

Comment

• DeadPresidents
                  • Mar 2008

Hmm, I've actually never owned a pair of shoes with leather sole so that's why I thought it was prudent to put soles on since I didn't think it was prudent to have leather grind against gravel. I thought the leather would shred up like there's no tomorrow.

I'll go "undressed" for my next pair. I've actually never put soles on my other boots with wooden soles. Adds character. Maybe I should've done so with this pair. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

i dont see any green in my pair. its more
                    grey/white.

[/quote]

Not a hint of green in those boots.

[quote user="philip nod"]i think i'm gonna sell my ccp razor necklace i just got. i had no idea it was for cutting lines, i thought it was for slitting skin.
                    [/quote]

If you sell it, be sure to hit up Alex. He's looking for one.

Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

i know :)

i'm just kidding, my warped sense of humor.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

[quote user="awlouie"]

[quote user="theaddict"]The sizes are up on lazzari...damn, they stock from size 7 upwards for the plain black side zips...no 6er...sigh...[:'(]
                        [/quote]

I checked with Mateo about size 6 and he says that it can be special ordered.

[/quote]

Really? Would it be the same price though? For their price i would order a 6, if the rubber sole ones i ordered fit me in size 6...

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

[quote user="kira"][quote user="xadam"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="DeadPresidents"]

Just received my Scarred Black size 9 this afternoon. First pair of CCP. Beautiful. Went ahead and took it to a cobbler and had the thinnest vibram soles put on.

Thx to Pnod and Albert for patiently answering my Q's regarding CCP sizing.

Special thx to darkanimal for the pickup.

19 out of 45

[/quote]

[:'(]

[/quote]

don't you find the leather soles slippery?

[/quote]

kind of destroying the original integrity of the piece, no?

[/quote]

No, not at all, at least as long as he means topies (topys?). Leather soles wear out fairly quickly, heels even more quickly. If he means vibram commando soles, then I retract my statement.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• awlouie
                            • Sep 2007

[quote user="theaddict"][quote user="awlouie"]

[quote user="theaddict"]The sizes are up on lazzari...damn, they stock from size 7 upwards for the plain black side zips...no 6er...sigh...[:'(]
                            [/quote]

I checked with Mateo about size 6 and he says that it can be special ordered.

[/quote]

Really? Would it be the same price though? For their price i would order a 6, if the rubber sole ones i ordered fit me in size 6...

[/quote]

I'm still wating for his reply...I'll be sure to let you know! [85]

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

any cobbler can add taps in like 30 seconds and it costs $2. if you were to get vibrams you should go to firm on 12th st. and 4th ave.

the new purchase is nice. i'm going to have to share it though. ;)

[/quote]

whatdja get? i couldn't find anything i needed at a. disappointing, really.

pnod, thanks for the rundown. still up in the air on this. color comes into play too. sato puts rubber soles on his.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

I'd say, if you live in a place like NY and do a lot of walking, a rubber sole is a must. If you drive a car everywhere like I do, they're not really necessary.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎