• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="awlouie"][quote user="theaddict"][quote user="awlouie"]

[quote user="theaddict"]The sizes are up on lazzari...damn, they stock from size 7 upwards for the plain black side zips...no 6er...sigh...[:'(]
    [/quote]

I checked with Mateo about size 6 and he says that it can be special ordered.

[/quote]

Really? Would it be the same price though? For their price i would order a 6, if the rubber sole ones i ordered fit me in size 6...

[/quote]

I'm still wating for his reply...I'll be sure to let you know! [85]

[/quote]

thanks! [Y]

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• klangspiel
      • Apr 2007

[quote user="Staton Viguier"]man.. i'd be all over that large circle bag at EM if it wasn't close to 4G[/quote]

the brown one suspended from the ceiling cum loft floorboard is a piece of mother-all.

price notwithstanding, thing's too big for my everyday use. could fit a troll, a 10lbs baby and a sack of potatoes.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

while we've had this discussion somewhere before, its actually healthier for you to leave the boots w/o a condom because the moisture gets trapped in the boot and destroys the leather from the inside. so it might look like you boot is brand new, but its gonna die soon.

[/quote]

This is still very much a point of contention. I know a handful of the bespoke makers say what you're saying, and a handful say that there's no harm at all from topys. The differentiation doesn't seem to be based on price or prestige. Gaziano & Girling (as I mentioned before) are opposed to topys for shoe health, but John Lobb, ltd (not paris) claim to have seen no problems from them.

The shoe isn't gonna die soon. The issue is (if it is really an issue) specifically that moisture trapped in the sole takes longer to escape. If it's really an issue, it would probably be dealt with best by wearing the shoe every 3 days instead of every 2.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

I [64] Poell! Dude, the man is a fargin' genius. All those pieces that I had seen in the past that didn't make sense to me, make complete sense to me now. I noticed that when looking through the collection in its entirety, there is a logical progression (and not in abstract terms) that occurs with every piece he creates. That's right, creates! The man's an artist and his pieces art. I've always felt that he was an artist as PNiddy does, but man do I have a whole new respect for him today.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

what was the deal breaker? which piece keyed you in...speaking of wheres the key necklace?
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]I'd say, if you live in a place like NY and do a lot of walking, a rubber sole is a must. If you drive a car everywhere like I do, they're not really necessary.[/quote]

i think the whole soul issue is to each his own. i do a lot of walking in nyc and i disagree. then again i probably wear them 3-4 times a month, so they last years.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

That's definitely why. I only say to get them soled if you plan on wearing them excessively, not to mention NYC streets are rough.

But like you, I don't get mine soled either and probably wouldn't even if I lived in NY, there's just something I don't like about it.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                  • Aug 2007

this has been explained thousands of times but i always get confused...how does the sizing work on the boots again....on lazzari what would equate to a size 42? the 9? lazzari wont mark stuff as a gift either, right? never ordered from them before but but to treat myself to an early birthday present..

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

With Lazzari, you have a choice to basically pay the customs/shipping up front (about 14%) and have VAT deducted or not have VAT deducted. It's cheaper to do the former...

As for the sizing; If you're a true US 9, then you want to get a CCP 7-8. I'm a US12 and I fit into a CCP 10 easy.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                      • Jun 2007

Are you suggesting paying customs/shipping fee upfront to Lazzari is a cheaper way than to pay for the custom fees when it arrives on US soil? I didn't understand what you meant by "former."

[quote user="Casius"]

With Lazzari, you have a choice to basically pay the customs/shipping up front (about 14%) and have VAT deducted or not have VAT deducted. It's cheaper to do the former...

As for the sizing; If you're a true US 9, then you want to get a CCP 7-8. I'm a US12 and I fit into a CCP 10 easy.

[/quote]

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I listed two options and the former being; You get the VAT deducted and pay the shipping/customs up front (which usually equates to 14% on top of the VAT deducted price). Matteo will add it all up for anyone ordering from the US.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                          • Aug 2007

anyone know where has those in 7?

Comment

• poostain
                            • May 2008

hehehehe, can't wait to order some pants from them when i get money. no vat or customs, i just hope their shipping prices to australia isn't ass rape or higher than lvr.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

poostain=very good joke potential, very high rate of failure inevitable

Comment

• poostain
                                • May 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]poostain=very good joke potential, very high rate of failure inevitable
                                [/quote]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎