X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uparmoured
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post
    now, i can see how it would work on a dress...

The shoe above got me thinking if there was some method to his madness of the double zip. Such as greater ankle flexibility and added mobility to your stride etc...

Then again he makes silver clipboard necklaces...
    FS: M.A+
    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• LEWisMe
      • Jul 2007

I was wondering about the double zippers on boots too. Other than these FW06, did he do other single zipper boots?

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LEWisMe View Post
        Other than these FW06, did he do other single zipper boots?
        Yes I own a pair.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by uparmoured View Post

The shoe above got me thinking if there was some method to his madness of the double zip. Such as greater ankle flexibility and added mobility to your stride etc...

Then again he makes silver clipboard necklaces...
          Dude, there are limits to praising Carol
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

A another case of ..Form over function?
            Like those Carpe Diem boot sacks...HAs anyone successfully squeezed both shoes in the canvas sack for whatever reason?
            Or is that not even its purpose?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
              A another case of ..Form over function?
              Like those Carpe Diem boot sacks...HAs anyone successfully squeezed both shoes in the canvas sack for whatever reason?
              Or is that not even its purpose?
              I've tried and failed. I think it's his version of the Rubik's Cube.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

hahahaha. The one time the bag actually came with the boots, they fit. Snugly, but they did fit.

As for the dual zip. Eh, who knows. There may be some level of function/comfort if you unzip it from the bottom a couple/few inches. Carol did a boot a few years ago that has a discontinuous zip where one zipper is just the bottom 3" or so, and then on upper portion another zipper that is about 3" that allows the top of the boot to open up.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  hahahaha. The one time the bag actually came with the boots, they fit. Snugly, but they did fit.

As for the dual zip. Eh, who knows. There may be some level of function/comfort if you unzip it from the bottom a couple/few inches. Carol did a boot a few years ago that has a discontinuous zip where one zipper is just the bottom 3" or so, and then on upper portion another zipper that is about 3" that allows the top of the boot to open up.
                  Remember that unfortunate jacket on Y! where instead of buttons it was like 10 of these tiny zippers? I'd rather masturbate.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Remember that unfortunate jacket on Y! where instead of buttons it was like 10 of these tiny zippers? I'd rather masturbate.
                    ^ I certainly do... some members on the forum love/own the leather version I think... with 4-5 discontinuous zips? I don't think I could handle that hahaha. Looks cool but I'd forever wear it open.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

wow i actually really like those perforated rubber band boots... a lot.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
                        wow i actually really like those perforated rubber band boots... a lot.
                        I think they are sexy (for a girl).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• awlouie
                          • Sep 2007

[QUOTE=uparmoured; Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the double zip (top and bottom) on CCP boots? Is there a functional purpose? The only thing I can think of is fat ankle pressure relief...

My guess is that on a hot day you may want to ventilate your ankles (feet)...whether walking or traveling on the train or plane...or you have an itch on your foot that needs immediate relief!
                          "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                          -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote=awlouie;85827][quote=uparmoured; Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the double zip (top and bottom) on CCP boots? Is there a functional purpose? The only thing I can think of is fat ankle pressure relief...

My guess is that on a hot day you may want to ventilate your ankles (feet)...whether walking or traveling on the train or plane...[B]or you have an itch on your foot that needs immediate relief![/[/B]QUOTE]

I shit you not I've actually utilized it for this very reason before.

Comment

• uparmoured
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by merz
                              or how about the most likely theory -- simply for the fuck of it.
                              I like where you are going there...
                              FS: M.A+
                              FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• obsolete
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by dathugzz
                                now can anyone explain me how?

I don't know the process, but there was one tannery in italy that was producing that translucent lamb but has since stopped. That is probably why you don't see Carol doing the "mummified" leather anymore. There is a leather wholesaler in Santa Monica that has a few skins left, though.

-j

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎