X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docintheory
    • May 2008

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
    Just got back from Moscow, visited quite a few stores there, quite insane really. One in particular Podium had a Atelier-esque Menswear selection larger than Barneys. I walked in wearing a lot of Julius at the time and caught the [CCP/RO/Japan] buyer Sasha attention, who mistaked me for someone at Julius in Tokyo, long story short. Got a VIP treatment, was taken to a private back room, they had a huge CCP selection [with awesome pricing as well, many pieces and shoes on sale]. Was able to try on the 1 of 1 bright yellow leather jacket from SS08, quite beautiful but was already spoken for. Ended up snagging a glue seamed gitter suit at a nice price.

Was really amazed at the volume all these moscow stores carried, makes LA and NY seem like small potatoes. Apparently more than 50% of their CCP sales are all private custom orders. So much to say about Moscow, but this doesnt seem like the place...
    All we need is an SZ member from Russia to set up a proxy...

Btw, according to A's website, CCP is only showcasing one collection every year? How does everyone feel about that? I guess we won't see anything till about June/July next year?

Comment

• uparmoured
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
      All we need is an SZ member from Russia to set up a proxy...

Btw, according to A's website, CCP is only showcasing one collection every year? How does everyone feel about that? I guess we won't see anything till about June/July next year?
      This would not impact amount of products that we get to see as the products will be released throughout the year anyway... This just means that CCP has a longer design and production cycle for each yearly season... I for one welcome this move if it means that new construction techniques and fabrics are further tested before being released to market... I hope to be blown away all year long rather than glossing over the SS and lusting after the FW...
      FS: M.A+
      FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• docintheory
        • May 2008

Originally posted by uparmoured View Post
        This would not impact amount of products that we get to see as the products will be released throughout the year anyway... This just means that CCP has a longer design and production cycle for each yearly season... I for one welcome this move if it means that new construction techniques and fabrics are further tested before being released to market... I hope to be blown away all year long rather than glossing over the SS and lusting after the FW...
        Totally agree^^^ Not to throw around an old cliche/adage but I was thinking "good things come to those who wait".

But I wholly agree that the longer production time in CCP pieces will no doubt bring out a new depth of innovation that I am just absolutely excited for. It's great that Poell decided to go this route, rather than producing a standard s/s and f/w line every year for the masses to lust and consume.

Interesting that you say "glossing over the SS and lusting after FW"... We usually psychologically get ourselves ready for the "new" and lose interest in the season's past, although many say FW 2007 was his finest. Perhaps this way, Poell has us continue our conversations throughout the year on his current art, in appreciation of what he has done so far and prepare us for a mind-blowing future.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by uparmoured View Post
          Well put and agreed. This should provide a greater sense of freedom in regards to time as they've lifted the heavy yoke of seasonal time constraints. Though they "work at their own pace", they do stress and strive to meet the deadlines imposed by the industry (it just never works out that way), but things have to be done right, you know?
          And though we all gloss over S/S collections, because damnit F/W is where it's at...no CCP collection, whether it be S/S or the favored F/W, is one that I merely gloss over. CCP=all good!
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
            так, господа. настало время вывозить поелла с матушки россии.

dang, yo. at this rate, faust should start importing.
            Seriously. Need to think about this.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

there is a great disturbance in the force
              I have felt it.
              we have a new enemy: Podium
              the force is strong with him. the offspring of ccp must not become a jedi.
              perhaps, if Podium could be turned
              he could become a powerful ally
              yes, yes, he would be a great asset. can it be done?
              he will join us or die, master.
              Last edited by philip nod; 10-27-2008, 01:09 PM.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• reborn
                • Aug 2008

Not sure if anyone saw this, but there's a ccp leather jacket on yoox (sz52).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

too bad none of the seriously lovely CCP leathers show up on yoox ;)
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• reborn
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    too bad none of the seriously lovely CCP leathers show up on yoox ;)

True dat...

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                      Not sure if anyone saw this, but there's a ccp leather jacket on yoox (sz52).
                      Ugh, you got me all excited. It looks like a baseball jacket. Though, of course, yoox could ruin anything with their stellar photography.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Sergei_S
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merz
                        так, господа. настало время вывозить поелла с матушки россии.

dang, yo. at this rate, faust should start importing.
                        I can help with that. But the problem is that we can't cash PayPal here.
                        And there is a bad selection of sizes at Podium Concept Store for CCP. It's usually 50 and 52 . It's hard to find something in 48 and impossible in 46. That's why I don't have CCP in my wardrobe (((((

Any ideas?
                        I got weapons

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Sergei_S View Post
                          And there is a bad selection of sizes at Podium Concept Store for CCP. It's usually 50 and 52 . It's hard to find something in 48 and impossible in 46. That's why I don't have CCP in my wardrobe (((((

Any ideas?
                          size 50 and 52 =

can you find out if podium ships internationally? and if they have photos of their ccp pieces? do they sell footwear too?
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Sergei_S
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            size 50 and 52 =

can you find out if podium ships internationally? and if they have photos of their ccp pieces? do they sell footwear too?
                            They don't ship at all. They don't have any pictures. They Do sell footwear.

I'm thinking of starting CCP proxy )) Will let you know in Classfields if I do.
                            I got weapons

Comment

• lieutenant dan
                              • Mar 2008

Any ideas?
                              Sergei, well it's worth to gain some weight then! ггггг
                              пора открывать прокси-сервис по принципу "вы нам - мы вам"

п.с. Если не ошибаюсь, сегодня обещали вывесить джулиус как в подиуме, так и в джеймсе.

В стране кризис, я мощно решил вложиться в тушенку, медикаменты и боеприпасы. Вскоре, думаю, это легко можно будет обменять на вещи альтьери, поэлля и т.д. один к одному, на вес :)

Comment

• docintheory
                                • May 2008

They don't ship at all. They don't have any pictures. They Do sell footwear.

I'm thinking of starting CCP proxy )) Will let you know in Classfields if I do.
                                Wow, please do let us know. I am definitely interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎