X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Sergei_S View Post
    I can help with that. But the problem is that we can't cash PayPal here.
    And there is a bad selection of sizes at Podium Concept Store for CCP. It's usually 50 and 52 . It's hard to find something in 48 and impossible in 46. That's why I don't have CCP in my wardrobe (((((

Any ideas?
    Wish they stocked some 54s. Edit: I dunno why, I'm broke, and they don't ship.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
      size 50 and 52 =

can you find out if podium ships internationally? and if they have photos of their ccp pieces? do they sell footwear too?

Size 50, 52 =

Size 46 =

I would be definitely in for a suit for that price...
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

for anyone who owns the gitter jacket: what's the weight on it like? can you wear it in the fall, or is it strictly suitable for spring/summer? I'm thinking about trying to custom order a gitter long coat, but want to make sure it's going to be somewhat multi seasonal in light of the price. thanks.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

dude youre insane hahaha
          try lift they might have one. i'm sure i was one somewhere in tokyo.
          its def. not a winter jacket. very thin. unlined. i've never worn it in low temps but i'm sure youd freeze your go phillies ass off

*keep my hands off the edit
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

^Agree with noodles. If someone needs that gitter coat in 52, maxfield has one available.

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              dude youre insane
              true dat. it was a moment of phillies derived ecstasy. woke up this morning, saw the stickies note on my desktop (true sign of the crazies) and was like "what the fuck?" ccp 09 is right around the corner, save it for the real thing champ!

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                • Mar 2007

CCP fall/winter 2010:

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TypicalFashion View Post
                  I have a lot more to write about this in a little bit. The artists did all the other projects at my lab back at harvard years ago.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

aalllll right!

So yeah, cool to see these guys (Catts and Zurr) continuing their artistic approach to the field of tissue engineering.

Years ago, they approached my lab to create the other projects that the article that typicalfashion above listed (the pig wings, worry doll, living steak etc.) and a lot of hype came out of it. Very cool results in terms of taking scientific benchwork and presenting less as a technological advancement and more as thoughtful art.

the artists, in passing while at the lab, mentioned the idea of "growing" meat. I thought it was relatively obscure to know that they suggested that but the article showed otherwise. It is definitely very cool to see that they've quasi-branched into the realm of tissue-based clothing albeit on a micro-scale. It's clever and cute but far far beyond anything (re)producible on a consumer level unfortunately. It could definitely open up many interesting discussions and create many interesting products.

From a technical standpoint, the processes in creating each of these was much less complex (ie-taking the current level technology at the lab and just using it in a different way... such as making "wing" scaffolds versus finger bone scaffolds) and more about novel application. Not to say that it's not at least somewhat thought-invoking and a fun little curiosity.

At the point that we're now at with the field of tissue engineering, it's more likely that it'll be CCP FW 2035 versus 2010

There used to be a HUUUUGE print of the pig wings in the lab. Very well photographed, very cool.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      (the pig wings, worry doll, living steak etc.) . . . less as a technological advancement and more as thoughtful art.

I don't know if physically realizing this kind of corny visual punning truly qualifies as thoughtful art, but it's damn cool none the less.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                        I don't know if physically realizing this kind of corny visual punning truly qualifies as thoughtful art, but it's damn cool none the less.
                        Hahaha I was more referring to the guiltless leather and the grown meat pieces. Those two ideas take the concept and application of tissue engineering in a very interesting direction.

... The worry dolls and pig wings not so much ;)

Comment

• inaya
                          • Apr 2008

hi guys, has the SS04 collection ever been posted (in full) on SZ? I was going to post it into a new thread but don't want to repost. Thanks.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

i don't think it has. please post it!
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• inaya
                              • Apr 2008

ok just checking first

Comment

• May 2007

CCP Jointed Boots

Can anyone tell me how these fit? In terms of typical CCP sizing and also in terms of comfort? Are the joints uncomfortable? Durable?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎