Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misuse_me
    • Aug 2008

Anyone know which season collection does this CCP ring belong to?

Photobucket

Photobucket
    I LIVE THROUGH OBJECTS.

Comment

• Raw Edge
      • Jan 2008

ccp coat

Originally posted by Diego View Post
      I did get a 50 instead of 48 and its quite comfortable but I see what you mean.

Great piece Shawn.
      That coat looks awesome (ccp coat in black)

Does this type of CCP coat run as small in the upper body/chest/armholes as the leather jackets often do?
      I'm considering getting this similar (the same?) coat in 54/grey, and am normally a 54 or occasional 52:

but I don't know if I'd need to size up to fit.
      Anyone who knows a lot about sizing know if i should stay away, or if this is likely to fit?

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

/\ Just FYI, that's not the same coat nor is it similar. If I were you, I'd find out what season it's from and base the final decision accordingly. Ask for measurements too. ;)
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

agreed with David

that looks like a classic fully lined version of Carol's coats.... which means it's likely from an earlier collection

*ahem* boring piece *ahem*

especially for that price.

IMO, if you're throwing down any sort of $$$ for a Carol coat, it should be nothing short of tape seamed.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Raw Edge
            • Jan 2008

ccp coat

thanks for pointing this out DHC, I think this one is from fw 06/07.
            its true, seemed potentially boring in photo, but I've heard/found that this stuff is so often much nicer in person/worn. It looks like it could be really nice, or just boring. having never seen any ccp in size 54, was hoping for the best...I think the overlocks, suits etc aren't doable for me.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            agreed with David

that looks like a classic fully lined version of Carol's coats.... which means it's likely from an earlier collection

*ahem* boring piece *ahem*

especially for that price.

IMO, if you're throwing down any sort of $$$ for a Carol coat, it should be nothing short of tape seamed.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

dont lose hope!

If carol does a coat in 54, I'm quite sure you'll find other pieces then :)

There are members here that have found leather jackets in 54, and some of the past seasons are a size large too so you'd just need to find a 52!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• May 2007

Double-Jointed Boots

Just picked up a pair in size 10 and they fit me very well length-wise. I'm typically a 45. They are even wilder than what I've seen in photos, the leather on the lower half is insane...really wrinkly and unlike anything I've seen before. I'll put some photos up soon.

Wondering how the break-in is? The only discomfort is from the top of the shoe - the leather is so uneven and the area around the joints digs in on the top of the foot in some areas... also one shoe is a bit narrower than the other...more break-in I hope.

I really love them otherwise.... yes other than the severe pain they're causing they're really perfect.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                  • Jan 2008

Last edited by Raw Edge; 10-03-2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

the jointed boots fit on the small side from my experience due to the way the top of the foot fits.... I was experiencing the same thing that you are now Image. The only problem with these is that the nonjointed portions do not stretch out with use and the variability is there due to the object tanning process.

Comment

• May 2007

The only part that bothers me is the lower seam area of the upper joint on the left shoe... it's pretty tight right along where the joint is... otherwise in terms of length they are suprisingly roomy based on what I expected from people's sizing recommendations.

Are you saying that the area that the joints are at will in fact stretch? That seems counterintuitive... wouldn't the area where the joints are seamed be the most resistant to stretching?

the jointed boots fit on the small side from my experience due to the way the top of the foot fits.... I was experiencing the same thing that you are now Image. The only problem with these is that the nonjointed portions do not stretch out with use and the variability is there due to the object tanning process.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

Where the hell do you guys order these? Custom order or are these the ones Albert sold on cycletwo...

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
                        Uh oh....curious to see how they end up fitting for you...
                        I'm usually a 46, sometimes a 45, and I just ordered a pair in size 10 as well. If they hurt/don't end up fitting you, they REALLy won't fit me!
                        Good luck to us!
                        Last edited by theaddict; 11-28-2008, 09:12 AM.
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• May 2007

UPDATE:
                          I emailed ccp and received a very quick and very informative reply. Basically said that before they are tanned, they are the same size and the tanning process is what changes the sizes and creates the differences between shoes. They also said that the can in fact be stretched. I emailed back to ask them specifically whether it would effect the seams, causing any problems, and they said they had the same problem with another pair and a cobbler was able to stretch it successfully.

So will follow up next week when they're done, but that is very good news... and very nice knowing how great they are in supporting their customers....really helps justify the prices a bit!

Comment

• Tiger
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

screw all you haters

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by image View Post
                              UPDATE: blah blah blah
                              I've been impressed by CCP at every level and I hear the same thing from most others. Great people working there it seems.
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

A suit looks good on him. while he seems like a funny guy, his music still sucks.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎