Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

i thought Palpetine should wear some gloves. to complement the m.a+ tatooine coat

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

man do I love that piece... the giant glove seat is the shit!

So for those that have checked it out at Maxfield's (or Lift), is there a metal frame inside it that holds it in shape when you sit on it? Or is it absolutely not weight bearing?

Sucks that Maxfield's is asking $10k for the thing... if it were half that I would have possibly considered saving up for it. Shit is dope on a rope with soap for the pope to cope.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

I don't remember seeing that chair at Maxfields while I was there but maybe I just glanced by.

Can't believe the new collection hasn't been shown yet! Does this mean that new CCP wont be rolling into stores until May/June? I guess it makes sense seeing as he's only doing one collection now.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Casius View Post
          I don't remember seeing that chair at Maxfields while I was there but maybe I just glanced by.

Can't believe the new collection hasn't been shown yet! Does this mean that new CCP wont be rolling into stores until May/June? I guess it makes sense seeing as he's only doing one collection now.
          It went into storage. I want that thing so bad. $10K...OOOF! Not that bad. I'm sure it'll make its way onto the floor again.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Was looking over the construction of some trousers today and saw the face of Krishna.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• baubas
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
              man do I love that piece... the giant glove seat is the shit!

So for those that have checked it out at Maxfield's (or Lift), is there a metal frame inside it that holds it in shape when you sit on it? Or is it absolutely not weight bearing?

Sucks that Maxfield's is asking $10k for the thing... if it were half that I would have possibly considered saving up for it. Shit is dope on a rope with soap for the pope to cope.

the glove is more of a sculpture and is not for sitting purpose!
              carol did this severeal seasons ago and let some shops have it as a display (hope to sell maybe). it looks absolutely amazing but i do not think many people would like to have it at their homes....imagine waking up at night and seeing a big hand.. click click.. adams family

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

baubas, thanks for clearing it up... I think when it was first show at Lift someone then called it a glove seat and ever since I have assumed that it was weight bearing.

Still... lovely sculptural piece!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by baubas View Post
                  ... i do not think many people would like to have it at their homes....imagine waking up at night and seeing a big hand..
                  I'm all about it. I'd snag it in a second if Maxfield marked it down for sale.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• baubas
                    • Dec 2008

please post a pic once you get it! the only thing i dont remember is how many of those were made.. i think (possible) was made only one, but then who knows how many specials Library ordered for its loyal customers :))

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

/\ No, I'm certain more than one was produced. I remember seeing it in the lookbook for the season.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                        /\ No, I'm certain more than one was produced. I remember seeing it in the lookbook for the season.
                        If that bad boy hit sale... oh man As long as it would be you getting it instead of anyone else D!

Offhand, I know at least two since the above photos are all from Lift and Maxfields has one. I'd be surprised if L'Eclaireur Rue Herold didn't get one in and subsequently sold it since they aren't afraid to purchase Carol's more sculptural pieces.

Now, even more desired than the CCP giant glove is Altieri's metal & leather adjustable hammock chair. Talk about a gothninja spoogefest

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Word! I have to get my hands on one of those chairs. Thing is wicked. Spoogefest..haha..you're a sick man A!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                            Word! I have to get my hands on one of those chairs. Thing is wicked. Spoogefest..haha..you're a sick man A!
                            hehehe

well, judging from those (a year-ish ago) photos from Jun's WJK blog when he was in Perugia it looks like Altieri has at least 3 of them.

he only needs one, so let's make him some offers for the other two

Comment

• D_S
                              • Jul 2008

Should be able to make a chair like that....

Comment

• D_S
                                • Jul 2008

And with structural pieces in the fingers, to actually sit with.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎