Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

this piece was on Yoox for quite some time in a size 48 or 50.... classic case of looking like shit on yoox but details made it amazing.

I think it got discounted several times before it finally sold for like $1700 or so
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice for now and say aside from the second coat, it's underwhelming thus far. The footwear looks gross.... I hope it's not hiking boots dipped in rubber allowed to dry dripped. Nonfunctional and gross.

Certainly with the showing of more pieces in the collection my thoughts on this coming season/year will do a 180 ;)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
        • Apr 2008

ha poell can do wrong ? no?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
          ha poell can do wrong ? no?
          hehehe, he's been on point for many seasons... doesn't mean a slipup here and there isn't possible. I'm confident that the season as a whole will prove to be uber-baller. The colored rubber dipped boots just don't do it for me though

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            hehehe, he's been on point for many seasons... doesn't mean a slipup here and there isn't possible. I'm confident that the season as a whole will prove to be uber-baller. The colored rubber dipped boots just don't do it for me though
            word on the street is that this time the master finally out does himself.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              word on the street is that this time the master finally out does himself.

in a good or bad way?

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I'm with Albert on this one; I really like the first coat and the second look isn't bad either but those boots aren't my thing.
                The installation looks fantastic though. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that dipped process on clothing, in a less 'goopy' kind of way.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

^ the dipping process it itself definitely has great promise! Looking forward to seeing what new photos crop up!

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I'm actually very surprised there's photos up here this soon! I was expecting to wait months for something to pop up.
                    Props to kobasyun for getting those here with the quickness.

Can't wait to see what the over all theme/direction was for the collection.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      in a good or bad way?
                      in a good way of course
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• justine
                        • Jan 2007

im sure i could go down to my local pet store buy a couple of nice looking rabbis (woud get a few meals also), some chemicals, tape, a riri zipper or two, use the rabbits intestines for thread, some elastic off some old sweatpants and bigo, plus id use the rabbits ears as thumb gloves at the end of the sleeve ha bingo
                        I thought I was in the "Leather" thread for a moment and thought that answer was completely ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          I guess I'll be the dissenting voice for now and say aside from the second coat, it's underwhelming thus far. The footwear looks gross.... I hope it's not hiking boots dipped in rubber allowed to dry dripped. Nonfunctional and gross.

Certainly with the showing of more pieces in the collection my thoughts on this coming season/year will do a 180 ;)
                          i remember when the ss08 pics were posted and everyone, myself included, was hating on the strange color palette and lightweight fabrics. leathers aside, that collection killed, and carol reminded us that lookbooks are for posers.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

DHC how much would that set you back ?

im sure i could go down to my local pet store buy a couple of nice looking rabbis (woud get a few meals also), some chemicals, tape, a riri zipper or two, use the rabbits intestines for thread, some elastic off some old sweatpants and bigo, plus id use the rabbits ears as thumb gloves at the end of the sleeve ha bingo
                            Leave those rabbis alone you cannibal!
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

ha would you say that to poell :P

Comment

• osn19
                                • Feb 2007

I guess it's too early, not enough pictures for now, to get the idea of this new collection.
                                My first thought when I saw the new pictures was : waiting so long for that, he's doing the same stuff as before, nothing new this season (WFT no1 ?!) apart from the strange boots which don't do it (WFT no2 ?!).
                                Can't wait to see more and be proved wrong (like each time with Poell). And secretly hoping to see overlock leather jackets again...
                                Originally posted by blacksuit
                                wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎