Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Been thinking about the spiral pants.... Pip is the seam the thing that spirals? So each leg is made of one piece that wraps around each leg? If so, im gonna be frustrated.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by soultek View Post
      BTW, does anyone know when that will be?
      the library said march, but that cant be right..
      Last edited by lowrey; 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        Been thinking about the spiral pants.... Pip is the seam the thing that spirals? So each leg is made of one piece that wraps around each leg? If so, im gonna be frustrated.

just make your first albert, plenty of time before our artist friend gets round to producing the goods i think.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          just make your first albert, plenty of time before our artist friend gets round to producing the goods i think.

hehe, I'll try to snap a photo of the sketch in my notebook Johnny :)

it's one of the ideas/pieces that i thought about a couple of years ago and never got around to constructing.

Man, this collection from Carol is going to be a BEAST!!!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

nice description pip, i read it like watching a new Star Wars movie...you didnt mention any coats or suits, nothing new or spectacular in that sector?
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Spencer
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
              hehe, I'll try to snap a photo of the sketch in my notebook Johnny :)

Do it to it, A!

Even though I likely won't be buying any of it (new) I can't wait to see pics.

Thank you Pip for the rundown! It's much appreciated!

Comment

• well, it isn't like the idea of spiraling sleeves and legs is very unique. i made a shirt and a pair of pants like that 6 years ago when i went to middle school, and i saw it in london about 3 years ago. it's a nice fun detail though.

Comment

• pipcleo
                  • Jan 2007

Ppppppppp
                  Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 03:38 AM. Reason: Pppppp

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks Pip! And I gotta echo everyone else in thanking you for the nice written rundown of the highlights that you've seen of the coming collection!!

Haha, yeah here is mine:

it's funny, I did intend them to be a single piece as well. I had also sketched out a long sleeve shirt version that was also single piece.

Can't wait to see Carol's though. It's gonna be ill!

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

The spiral chain stitched trousers are fucking sick. I think Carol is toying with the notion that the whole is not necessarily greater but equal to the sum of its parts, and it is really amplified here.
                        I don't know if I'd call the "fencing jacket" a fencing jacket. Its an asymmetric zip jacket, but absolutely stunning and definitely a must have. The collar on that thing is gorgeous. High arms holes and he's played with the sleeve dimensions to accommodate the tuck away gloves. Really nice.
                        The dipped bags are pretty hardcore. I think the dipping process is better on the accessories than on the shoes. Speaking of shoes, the new derbies are gorgeous! They are very different from the past seasons, so how everyone will react to a new shoe pattern remains to be seen. Very clean though.

Edit: Haha..I just realized that this post is basically parroting pip's more thorough rundown. Don't mean to waste anyone's time. It looks like we're on the same page in regards to the collection.
                        Last edited by DHC; 02-05-2009, 07:30 PM.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

ok so a lot of poellple have seen the clothes...lets see some photos up in this bitch
                          BLOW THE SPOT
                          BLOW THE SPOT

Comment

• eaglewood
                            • Feb 2007

Where are the photos. Talk is cheap in this situation.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

one thing i am starting to worry about is that there seem to only be 3 pieces that people are hyping. already looks like from not seeing anything that the latex drip is a fail
                              and that the new non fencing fencing, spiral stairs, and one hole derby are it...from a hyped collection i thought there would be more individually hyped pieces. probably for the best though, its already a given that 10 people on sz will own each of these 3.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

^ bingo
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎