X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

^ still is
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• pipcleo
      • Jan 2007

Pppppp
      Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 03:53 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

^ is she single?

Comment

• pipcleo
          • Jan 2007

Ppppp
          Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 03:54 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• maldoror
            • Jun 2007

. . . so that's a no?

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

no disrespect, but dont you have a super hot girlfriend?
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• pipcleo
                • Jan 2007

Ppppp
                Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 03:54 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                  there is a rather stunning woman in los angeles, seen wrapped in layers of luca & carol. somehow it always seemed that she was exactly the person the lot of them had in mind when creating such pieces. i would see her at nurse with wound, or buying records someplace. couldn't bring myself to approach & say anything then, and haven't run into her since deciding i would the next time around

one of my more-recent regrets.
                  Only on SZ Better than Craigslist missed connections.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw Edge
                    • Jan 2008

very tru-
                    I definitely think some ccp basics, footwear, jackets etc are great for daily wear, its not to criticize all of ccp, and agree with p nod that the twists on the basics each year are still nice.
                    And Josh this is definitely a good analogy. I just do a doubletake as the wearability decreases and prices rise accordingly, because it starts to make me think- hrm, maybe this year i will just like the derby and a twisty pair of jeans- next year....who knows. I never had this feeling about Continues- sure there was anatomical stuff and stuff draped in odd colors and but it was mostly better worn.
                    There's definitely other stuff I'd own, but oddly i think the artisan type designers have diverged- some like luc, augusta, harnden move towards hobo stuff that is high quality and if anything would blend in to the outside world as something between nice clothes and sort of worn looking clothes, people like poell and even rick move towards over the top exclusivity designs of casual style garments, in ways that continually alienate.
                    im sure there are plenty of collectors out there, and i like and own a few things (footwear, shirts) but my own taste is different from this direction and im sort of glad to hear more people echoing the, wtf, a lot of this is ridiculous, the same way people did with the thousand dollar grandma-socks.
                    though obviously no issue with the collectors, or seal, etc, hopefully he hasn't alienated them, and I'm sure Tiger is right that he hasn't.

Originally posted by gt2-josh View Post
                    Hey Raw,

I own several Carol pieces (leathers, trousers, jeans, sweaters, etc.) that make for great daily wearable basics. I also have a very expensive piece that I would classify as something akin to static art. I didn't have to buy it but I'm glad I had the opportunity. I think there's a good analogy in the automotive world. Most OEMs produce amazing, yet highly impractical concept cars to highlight technical capability and to show what we'll see in future production versions. Those concept cars are rarely ever released for private sale. However some of them are amazing and I'd love to own them despite their ultra limited use and high cost. Carol gives his customers the chance to do that and for that we're lucky.

Josh

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Only on SZ Better than Craigslist missed connections.
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
                        I never had this feeling about Continues- sure there was anatomical stuff and stuff draped in odd colors and but it was mostly better worn.
                        I don't know. Linea became increasingly difficult to wear as the years passed. The project's focus became more about perfection in the lines than wearability towards the end. Fortunately for us, Altieri had L'Maltieri for "comfort". There are many very wearable pieces in the upcoming CCP collection. Some remarkable pants that can easily see daily wear. The last few posts contain presumptions of the upcoming collection with no real foundation and many words are ripe to be eaten.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

i figured she is reasonably likely to read this thread at some point, its true.
                          Honestly, it was funny to me because I believe it to be true. I'm sure a pm will end up in your inbox soon my friend.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Raw Edge
                            • Jan 2008

Hey, yeah, I guess i'll just respectfully disagree. im not sure which words you expect to be eaten, as i obviously havent seen the collection, and was commenting on how it was interesting that some diehard ccp fans are already saying they expect to priced out.
                            im sure there'll be some nice stuff, and there certainly has been in years past, but not a fan of that direction or the unwavering worship of all things ccp. seems important to be critical about this stuff, before during and after it comes out. just being honest-

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                            I don't know. Linea became increasingly difficult to wear as the years passed. The project's focus became more about perfection in the lines than wearability towards the end. Fortunately for us, Altieri had L'Maltieri for "comfort". There are many very wearable pieces in the upcoming CCP collection. Some remarkable pants that can easily see daily wear. The last few posts contain presumptions of the upcoming collection with no real foundation and many words are ripe to be eaten.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

well put..
                              I think what is often overlooked is that yes, his pieces are expensive without a doubt. But most designers aren't working every facet...from developing the fabrics to hand packing footwear for the drying process and hand polishing leathers to ensure the desired product in a small studio where the team working on every piece is counted out in the single digits.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Raw Edge
                                • Jan 2008

I'm also not a fan of quoting someone by using bold over what they actually wrote...
                                Who said anything about claiming validity about the current collection? if you're going to jock ccp and be offended the first moment anyone criticizes, at least read be fair with it. criticism isn't synonymous with disparaging, but it can certainly include it.
                                If you want me to rephrase, I'll try- I find it troubling that some devoted fans are already expecting to be priced out (thus the before part), and i find the pretentiousness of the no-photos and many likely unwearable pieces to be obnoxious and not my type. if its yours, cool.
                                This is not any different than the saying "oh my god everything looks so good" before it comes out. It's just the opposite. if you were in the first camp, great, but please don't distort it to be about valid criticisms of collections, or something. its not,
                                if when i asked "are people fed up with these things yet?" and you think "no" you can also just say "no" or "I expect to like it" too:)

this is troubling to hear. criticism isn't synonymous with disparaging, and why if there is no real reason besides escalations in price point - heaven knows the man generally delivers, enough for himself and everybody else who has been quietly making a living from aping results of his r&d.

it is unfortunate that the prices keep rising to such a point where i'm forced to find alternate means of obtaining the goods, but how does that take away from the pieces themselves?

all that said, exactly how are you able to claim any validity in your criticism of the collection going by a couple low-res snapshots of two pieces and a verbal description or two?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎