Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swami
    • Jul 2008

Agreed CCP is the reason these stores have any validation BUT All this no press no PR no advertising no disclosing no pictures no deadlines no delivery Is a very well conceived marketing campaign that lends a great air of authenticity & allure to Poell. Enough to incite pages long discussions on this forum which has its share of creative,tasteful intelligent people.

We are all sick of consuming products from the usual players through the usual means and that every moron with a few dollars can obtain.How do people with a little taste differentiate themselves from the hoards of imitators copycats and wannabes? Identify with something or someone that not only does not obviously seem to care about making riches But is entirely driven by his will to create and apparently does not seem to care if it is sold. He is selling an attitude and a lifestyle just like any other fashion designer and for now his aesthetic greatly appeals to me. BUT he obviously cares enough(The artists EGO?) to hate having someone else copy his designs.( case in point Augusta!) So IMHO I think this is all a great big plan to target a specific audience and being a DIVA about it is all okay as long as you get your shit out in time and continue to reinvent and make beautiful stuff.

Comment

• justine
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      you miss my point slightly.
      ccp is the heart of these stores.
      these stores are not the heart of ccp
      so ccp is the egg and A the chicken.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

ccp is the dick, A is the oven?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I can agree Swami. I've always thought that no marketing is the perfect form of marketing. It lets the customer/people decide what they do and do not like and not trying to replicate some good looking model in an ad.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Agree that people should decide but without any marketing, how does some new young designer get his/her pieces into the marketplace? We all have probably come across a store where it caters to local designs in the cities that we live in. There may be some excellent pieces there but without any marketing, how does the 'rest of the world' come to know about this person?

Originally posted by Casius View Post
            no marketing is the perfect form of marketing. It lets the customer/people decide what they do and do not like
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Why do they have to; At least, right away?
              Word of mouth does a lot for designers, as do forums like this one. The retailers will be the first one to judge whether or not a line is going to be successful and I don't think it should be based on pretty make up and chiseled abs. It should be based on the clothing.
              If a young designer's clothing is good enough, people will talk.

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

Agree totally. I consider blogging or discussing pieces on this forum as a form of marketing. Same goes for social networks like Facebook, Twitter and other forms like lookbooks.

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                I don't think it should be based on pretty make up and chiseled abs. It should be based on the clothing.
                Originally posted by eat me
                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Yea, the internet has definitely changed the game!

Comment

• Komakino
                    • Sep 2007

Carol timing

The collection shown last January is the first in his new 'system'. Show once per year, both 'light' and 'heavy' items and let the buyers choose when they want to bring the items in. Again, pure Carol innovation. It will now allow him (in theory) to deliver on a timely basis, something that has not always happened in the past. For example, our heavy items are being delivered for July, then the light items for December or January 2010.

Campbell
                    For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

It definitely makes sense. Can't wait to see it Campbell.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Komakino View Post
                        The collection shown last January is the first in his new 'system'. Show once per year, both 'light' and 'heavy' items and let the buyers choose when they want to bring the items in. Again, pure Carol innovation. It will now allow him (in theory) to deliver on a timely basis, something that has not always happened in the past. For example, our heavy items are being delivered for July, then the light items for December or January 2010.
                        this also explains why all retailers have a different timeline with their orders. thanks for the info Campbell
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

What's also so cool about it, is it works very internationally. So some stores can order summer while others are ordering winter.

Comment

• awlouie
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                            ccp is the dick, A is the oven?
                            Someone needs to sig this!
                            "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• JetLag
                              • Jul 2008

the "egg and chicken" thing is very well said. It's true that as long as he cans Carol makes the rules, but don't forget that these stores existed before him, and fashion is a terribly fast business (I know you don't like this word^^).
                              Also, thanks Campbell for your professional explanation
                              Originally posted by danman
                              If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

The kind of 'fashion' Carol is making though, I would never consider fast-fashion. One of the reasons his items never (well, mostly never) go on sale. There's a lot to be said for that, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎