Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetLag
    • Jul 2008

He's out of/beyond fashion and that's one of the reasons I love his work.
    But I was not talking about his work , only the system/network distributing it.
    Originally posted by danman
    If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Well, I would agree fashion as a whole is considered to be a fast paced industry but to say a store like Atelier, who carries Poell, MA, etc. is concentrated on the next 'it' thing; I just don't see it.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• JetLag
        • Jul 2008

They select what they sell. I'm not sure they're poets ^^
        Originally posted by danman
        If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
          Well, I would agree fashion as a whole is considered to be a fast paced industry but to say a store like Atelier, who carries Poell, MA, etc. is concentrated on the next 'it' thing; I just don't see it.
          totally agree...my experience is that established boutiques often times look for designers that support their vision/style. Walking into Atelier, it's pretty clear you are not going to find DSquared2 or Dolce & Gabanna. I am sure K. Steele selects all of the merch to fully round out the offerings: outwear, denim, knitwear, accessories, etc. And yes, CCP is a cornerstone to the vision/style of Atelier, but I don't think Atelier would exist selling only CCP.

Maxfield and AB are similar insofar as each has a style which their merchandise supports. Each carries CCP and both have a different selection; both carried CCP in the late 90's and dropped him after he went cuckoo for coco puffs before picking up the line again.

I think it would be hard to argue that Maxfield (which as has been around since the late 70s or early 80s) and AB (also around for at least 20+ years) these stores are not successful. The primary reason, they know their customers very well.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by reborn View Post
            totally agree...my experience is that established boutiques often times look for designers that support their vision/style. Walking into Atelier, it's pretty clear you are not going to find DSquared2 or Dolce & Gabanna. I am sure K. Steel selects all of the merch to fully round out the offerings: outwear, denim, knitwear, accessories, etc. And yes, CCP is a cornerstone to the vision/style of Atelier, but I don't think Atelier would exist selling only CCP.
            Steel, stole, stolen ?
            Sorry.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

She's been wearing those a lot lately. I think she wears them well. (well, maybe not this particular outfit)

On another note; Maxfield has a whole slew of CCP footwear for women! Including those shoes above but in the bright yellow; They're truly amazing in person. Makes me want some yellow footwear.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                Steel, stole, stolen ?
                Sorry.
                Why the hate for Steel ? hes just doing what he knows best!

Comment

• howinpark
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by merz
                  ah yes, the elusive 'piss' colourway.

you made my day

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post
                    Why the hate for Steel ? hes just doing what he knows best!
                    Rick does oversized sneakers, A. does oversized prices.

Comment

• cro426
                      • Dec 2006

Why the negativity about Atelier?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I think their prices are quite on par with the typical US level, no?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cro426
                          • Dec 2006

I would say so. If you check with all the ccp stocklist in the US, they all seem to price somewhat differently. Alan Bilzerian seems to price the collection the highest, Atelier is usually slightly less expensive and Maxfields is usually priced just below the others. Maxfields always has the most variety and some pieces are extremely expensive. I would assume this is because they probably choose more expensive fabrics and applications for a portion of their buy. They always seem to have some pieces no one else has. Hence the supper light weight leather jacket they had last spring that was $9500!!!

Comment

• crouka
                            • Jul 2007

even if what he does is "anti fashion", with clarity, he cannot but be aware of complicity with fashion, I guess. and then however aloof he tries to remain, he is still part of it.
                            "anti" is good in its own way, but is not perfect by itself. it is dependent on its counter, from its reason for being.
                            and finds itself still standing on the same ground.
                            it's not like you can get perpetual wings by the anti approach.

he may still love fashion on the other hand, or at least the way it were, especially in the 60's.

to rehabilitate the name of it and the significance it used to have, sometimes too drastically though,
                            that may be what he has been trying to do, if anything.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

right
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• sshum88
                                • Dec 2007

So what is the point that you are trying to make here? Every designer draws inspirations from the past. Poell appears to set his own agenda rather than conform to the standard unveiling of two collections a year for S/S and F/W. In fact his model may work out better as buyers can pick and choose which pieces they want delivered in the time they want.

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                                even if what he does is "anti fashion", with clarity, he cannot but be aware of complicity with fashion, I guess. and then however aloof he tries to remain, he is still part of it.
                                "anti" is good in its own way, but is not perfect by itself. it is dependent on its counter, from its reason for being.
                                and finds itself still standing on the same ground.
                                it's not like you can get perpetual wings by the anti approach.

he may still love fashion on the other hand, or at least the way it were, especially in the 60's.

to rehabilitate the name of it and the significance it used to have, sometimes too drastically though,
                                that may be what he has been trying to do, if anything.
                                Originally posted by eat me
                                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎