X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
    strongly disagree. that object-dyed long coat in 44 felt at least a size too big on me. most poell i've dealt with felt at least a size larger than mine, although i am admittedly a smaller side of 44.
    Pretty much every suit, jacket and other dressy pieces I've tried have been true to size or, in older collections, sometimes one size too small (odd pieces not the most usual ones). However the leather jackets I've tried in a 46 did look slightly too big and unyieldy on me so you might be on to something.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Time & Space
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      Pretty much every suit, jacket and other dressy pieces I've tried have been true to size or, in older collections, sometimes one size too small (odd pieces not the most usual ones). However the leather jackets I've tried in a 46 did look slightly too big and unyieldy on me so you might be on to something.
      I just received my Scar Stitched leather in a 56, and I am six foot, about 195lb, with a 23" chest, and it fits just right or maybe even slightly tight on my shoulders. The arms are long, and the body is fine, but the shoulders could be a 1/4 inch larger. However, my fencing which is a 54 fits perfect, though it is a different cut...
      "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• Trebre
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        Most of the things i tried/own in suits and coats fit one small.
        Got black overlock leather in 46 and that is a goddamn perfect 46 fit.
        The scar stitched leather elbow joint from 08 runs bigger, not a lot, but it seems as the fit to body is meant almost for winter and wearing something thicker under.
        The leather is also much stiffer on the 08s.
        Takes a lot of wearing to soften it up, but when it does it's just great.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

which black overlock do you have? i'm assuming the f/w07 if it fits you perfectly? the s/s07 one fits a little bit smaller if i remember correctly.

definitely thought that you need to size down on the scar stitch. if you get your regular size it looks quite boxy down the body.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Trebre
            • Mar 2009

^ It's the F/W 07 i got.
            My problem usually lies with the shoulder area:)
            Too broad for Poell suit jackets in 46.

As i see it the boxiness in the scar stitch comes from the extreme stiffness of the leather.
            But as the leather is quite thin it'll soften up a lot and form after your body.
            The shape is exactly the same as the overlock, but the overlock leather is eh... rubbery to the touch, and the scar is "dryer", as you def. know.
            I think though i could pull a 44 in the SS 08.
            It just would take a lot of wearing & tearing!

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Im a perfect 46 for Carol jackets, but the SS08 leather definitely fits bigger...looks really bulky and loose on me...
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Time & Space
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Trebre View Post
                The leather is also much stiffer on the 08s.
                Takes a lot of wearing to soften it up, but when it does it's just great.
                Your not kidding. Holy shit, like putting on a cardboard box without any creases in the folds. However, it is breaking down slowly, it crunches when you bend at the elbows...Though, I still wish the leather was thicker-- I like my leather jackets with some weight, and only Nice Collective came close to reaching that weight last Fall with an exceptional double layered leather that felt like a shield...

Though maybe the Fall 2009 CCP, will live up to the rumours!
                "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

do you own the f/w07 leathers? those hides were the best.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, well I guess that's what you can expect from a Spring weight leather. I agree about them being pretty stiff, but pretty much all of the leathers I've tried on from Carol have been at least slightly stiff. I guess It's one of the things I like about them.
                    The 09 CCP leathers should be good, but I don't know about them being heavy. The scar stitched version should be kind of a mid weight. To be honest, it's going to vary from shop to shop as there were different leathers to choose from for the jackets.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Time & Space
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                      do you own the f/w07 leathers? those hides were the best.
                      I have the Fencing in black, and now wish I had that in the Gray color CCP made.. I love that leather, my overall favorite jacket in my collection...That leather is stunning, and still has that awesome new leather scent...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

is your fencing custom? if so, you might not have the same hide.

Comment

• Time & Space
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                          The 09 CCP leathers should be good, but I don't know about them being heavy. The scar stitched version should be kind of a mid weight. To be honest, it's going to vary from shop to shop as there were different leathers to choose from for the jackets.
                          You have seen this said mysterious "fencing like" jacket?

Your eyes were not burned out after by the CCP staff?

Comment

• Time & Space
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            is your fencing custom? if so, you might not have the same hide.

When it was ordered, CCP said they had enough leather left over to make me one from the original production. What they did not have was a pattern in my size! LOL.

but I love that color! Mine looks like this one, but much darker petrol color! I remember them telling me they had two different choices in leather to use from at the time of different weights.

Comment

• pipcleo
                              • Jan 2007

Ppppp
                              Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 05:03 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

where'd you get the pic of the beefcake dude wearing the fencing? you definitely lucked out on getting the original hide. that shit is what dreams are made of. however, mine has gotten super soft after a year and a half and is definitely not as heavy now when compared to my f/w07 overlock.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎