X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nairb49
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Hahaha, I agree. From what I can tell, its a tube of tyvek with a zipper, but who am I to judge.....

Comment

• soultek
      • Feb 2007

New CCP S/S 07

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

i finally understand why everyone loves poell boots/footwear. i received my poell boots from agent l (thanks again!), and i'm amazed at the construction and the amount of work that went in to the boots. the whole object dyed process (not even sure what it is, just dying after the boots have been constructed?), gives the boots a lot of character since it appears to have a different color in the sunlight (monochrome), when they seem to be black without a closer inspection. the booklet that comes with the boots is a very nice touch since it gives a lot detailed and technical information about boots. didn't even know they were machine washable! holy shit, i love these boots.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Aren't they the most badass boots ever? If only all footwear was made like that... the world would be a better place hehehe

Object dyed does (as far as i know) mean that the shoes were created and then dip-dyed. The still sliiiightly leak dye (when i wipe off stuff from my all black pair the napkin comes back a bit black) from this process. The whole idea of being able to just wash them is straight up amazing and is a testament to how well constructed and by what means they were constructed by.

Can't wait to see them in the WAYWT thread ddohnggo. By the way... are they really heavy? I think I saw them (or the other pair made) at Atelier a while back but I didn't handle them really. Guessing that L picked those up and are the pair you have now.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

these boots aren't any heavier than the cdiems i have. maybe it's the sole that makes it heavier?

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

ddohnggo- That's very cool you are happy with the boots, they look amazing!

I too have purchased my first pair of CCP shoes and I couldn't be happier. I was blown away with the construction and materials and these shoes are very very comfortable to start even though I have heard the exact opposite from other owners.
              My next purchase......side zip boots....yum.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

stupid question, but does anyone know why most boots, post 'Safe s/s 05', still say 'Safe' at the bottom of the boots? are they designs from that s/s season?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]stupid question, but does anyone know why most boots, post 'Safe s/s 05', still say 'Safe' at the bottom of the boots? are they designs from that s/s season?
                  [/quote]

My theory is that Carol just had left over soles...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Faust is probably right... especially since he skipped a season in terms of shoe production it wouldn't be surprising if he just indeed had a bunch of soles to use hehe.

Dug up this interesting (albeit kind of old) article on Poell's 2005 collection.

Blood dyed leathers... I wanna see!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Got some eye candy for everyone here.... some really amazing CCP pieces including the translucent leather pieces (I always wondered how those held up.... like the mummified calfskin gloves and these boots!):

^ Freakin stunning!

Only nine pairs of these were produced ^

I believe this is actually ionn26's coat :)

And here is the article with some interesting photos.

Enjoy!!!

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

The see-through leather boots are crazy looking! I would really like to see them with someones foot in them though....
                        Those leather trench's are amazing as well, although I could never pull one off. The color on that one in particular is very nice looking.

Make sure to sneak some pics while in L'Eclaireur! [:D]
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Haha, you got it!

I'm really really (really really) hoping that it will live up to all the hype that's been built up over it for me on this forum and tFS in the past.

I'm packing a decent amount of cash for this excursion. Woo!

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"] Haha, you got it!

I'm really really (really really) hoping that it will live up to all the hype that's been built up over it for me on this forum and tFS in the past.

I'm packing a decent amount of cash for this excursion. Woo![/quote]

haha, cant really give you any precautions as I wasn't too familiar with ccp when I was there, but I remember the selection being decent at least. some stuff there is slightly over priced but then again they're one of the few retailers for many brands and items. I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased ;)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Thank you for the heads up Mike... I'm going to go in with an open mind but price will always factor in. The only items worth purchasing at full retail are those that really just will never ever show up on the used market.

...also gotta see how much of a discount I get due to VAT... something like 12% I've been told?

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

Yes Albert,

Thats EXACTLY the leather trench that I have. Man.. it is exactly to the point that even the fading of the color on the collar and on the pocket flap is the same.. .sheesh...how did you get that pic???

It is really an amazing trench.. although I have only worn it once and now it is sitting in my closet pretty.. hehehe.. I was thinking of selling it.. but I figure that I probably won't recoup the cost that I paid for... I was looking at Darkanimal's ebay listing of the boots.. man.. 600USD and he originally bought it for 1400USD and also got his sole done...

I want to wear the trench enough so that it actually moulds into the shape of my body.. but... it is always hot weather in Asia... so very rare chances to wear it...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎