Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

please do sir! I think i saw the womens version in Lift! maybe?
    WTB: This

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
      i was at atelier earlier today, saw some of the stuff, the shirt is amazing in person, really beautiful and sadly they had to return the spiral pants apparently due to a quality control issue? shame, but they should be getting a restock.
      ahh yes the fabric and glue seams were ripping all over the place. i know at least one of us who can atest to some vein shirt problems that seem to be a ok with ccp. where2kopout?
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

glad i'm not the only one jetlagged.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• osn19
          • Feb 2007

A little personal feedback on CCP 09.
          I finally saw and tried the new pants, leather jackets and boots.

- spiral and semi spiral pants : took me 5 to 10 minutes to get in them (so you have to think twice in the morning). Material is rough and thick, this is the thing I really loved about them (the kind of material that only Carol uses). Construction is very complex and technical, with invisiseam etc. The cut is nice along the legs, like a snake skin, but the crotch and the waist didn't work for me, just as it seems it doesn't work for anybody (other people tried it in front of me, and the pictures on the web, etc... show how bad it fits in general). Wether you wear it low crotch or high (depending on people and body), this is not a pair of pants you will feel comfortable in (Carol's sadistic approach that I like), which is not the main problem : the problems are that it just doesn't look good, nor nice, nor sexy, just experimental. Really really hard to wear though very expensive. And once again with invisiseam, like Pnod said once, you are wearing fear : We made some test and it proved that the pants would definitly crack if someone wanted to bend down on his knees.

- leather jackets : material is nice, I liked the thick and rigid feel, although the leather is more polished, less dirty etc than previous season, less tortured, less "Carol" :(. But this is definitly the closest thing you'll get to the previous and cult overlocks from past seasons. But the cut here is too lose (I mean even if you wear a bunch of layered things under it !), especially on the arms and the elbows (is he designing for muscle men like Brad Pitt now ??), the clips are a miss, and again the leather it is too clean. I won't talk about the price which is even more expensive than previous seasons for something that is not as special. The latex dipped ones just didn't do it for me, I wonder why anyone would want that.

- Boots : Like Mike said in previous posts, the leather for once is amazingly soft (I like harder better, so I won't kop those), the cut is brilliant with the tornado zip, but there's nothing really new here.

From what I've seen, the other pieces that will come in store later don't seem much more exciting than that, except maybe the amazing high collar leather. This is a very experimental collection from Carol, unfortunatly probably a bigger miss than a hit IMHO. I'm just sad that I had to wait so long to actually be disapointed (as I usually heart CCP in every aspect).
          Originally posted by blacksuit
          wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• RADO
            • Nov 2007

I was too busy during my weekend in Paris to check-out the new CCP pieces at L'Eclaireur. Need to be back...Some prices references?

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              glad i'm not the only one jetlagged.
              seriously you know its bad when you submit reply and your name doesnt come up--instead its a column of fausts...and its 650 am

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

yes, osn19, a good review. although i have yet to see the boots and am excited about that. despite all its reverse "invisible" hype, this collection is like a drunk waking up with a hang over and a phone number. by the time you sober up, the number ain't worth calling.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                  yes, osn19, a good review. although i have yet to see the boots and am excited about that. despite all its reverse "invisible" hype, this collection is like a drunk waking up with a hang over and a phone number. by the time you sober up, the number ain't worth calling.
                  great metaphor...but keep in mind we've only seen a small sampling of a much bigger collection...when the wintery stuff starts popping up i think the tune will change...if anything he had a mediocre first round although i stand by the beauty and innovation of the chain seam...the knockout is yet to come...probably in the form of selvedge...
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• jamesd
                    • Sep 2008

I've liked the look (and sometimes the idea) of what I've seen of CCP in real life but something about it is now starting to turn me off a bit. I mean, it's great that he's so experimental and theoretical and whatever but it is clothing that is meant to be worn by human beings, right? And not only shown in a museum? And beyond being wearable, at those prices, it shouldn't fall apart when you try it on. And I really don't understand why items have to be recalled and others sent back to be repaired so much. Isn't Carol a perfectionist, and wouldn't he put at least some stock in testing out his clothing -- especially if he is experimenting so much, you would think he would want to see if the experiment worked.

I know others have said about the same thing. I do want some of what he does to work for me but nothing of what I have tried on (or attempted to try on) has yet.

Comment

• kbi
                      • Feb 2009

I have so far only had that very impression of the unfuctionality of his clothes when I saw those boots with rubber band strap and there was a lot of negative response on the wearability. Perhaps it is a silent accusation against all those who dare to wear his clothes

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

A couple of high res pics showing the horse leather jacket from the Atelier blog:

Originally posted by eat me
                        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Atelier has a blog? Where have I been?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

brand neu I guess
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

looks like it.

hope to see more updates soon!

Comment

• triumphoftiredeyes
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Atelier has a blog? Where have I been?
                                That's what I was thinking. I have no life and hit the site at least five times a day and never saw the blog.

BTW I love the jacket, but once again I don't like those silver tabs on the front.
                                "Men are the dreams of shadows." - Pindar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎