• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coup de grace
    x
    • Sep 2006

yes, yes.

i believe osn19 has it; do you ever wear the thing?

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

jointed frankenstein, osn19 should post up.

on another note I'm sitting getting ripped in the pit by some tapeseams

Comment

• Trebre
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        well, most of his leather jackets are very thick and sturdy, the fencing jacket is borderline discreet compared to the current season gloved jacket or the joint neck one
        The current season gloved jacket in donkey are not very thick.
        At least not the one in my closet

The texture, is almost papery and stiff in the beginning.
        After three weeks of wear it starts to soften up a lot, just like the 08 jointed one in calf did, which was also pretty stiff to start with.
        The 07 overlock was much softer in the beginning and as you probably know has a rubbery feel to it.
        None is made of very thick leather though.
        The thickest one is probably the current season standard jacket in cordovan, but i haven't seen that irl.
        Only drawback is the 08 and 09 both "squeeks" (for lack of a better word) anyone knows how o deal with squeeking leather

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
          also posting to say CCP is never done justice until it is:

1) worn & handled
          2) seen in person
          3) photographed really well

before today I thought it was some sort of conspiracy
          Completely agree. I tried on the horse leather jacket at AB today, and I can finally understand people's obsession with CCP. I can't relate (thank God), but I can understand.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• fenrost
            Banned
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
            Originally posted by move_ment View Post

also posting to say CCP is never done justice until it is:

1) worn & handled
            2) seen in person
            3) photographed really well

before today I thought it was some sort of conspiracy
            Completely agree. I tried on the horse leather jacket at AB today, and I can finally understand people's obsession with CCP. I can't relate (thank God), but I can understand.
            Agree here... I become obsessed after handling them.. Some curse..

Comment

• dndy1840
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Trebre View Post
              Only drawback is the 08 and 09 both "squeeks" (for lack of a better word) anyone knows how o deal with squeeking leather
              Oil them
              (Half-serious though ...)

Comment

• Trebre
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dndy1840 View Post
                Oil them
                (Half-serious though ...)
                I been thinking about that leather bee wax thing they got at cobblers.
                But maybe CCP jackets isn't the best item to be experimenting on.
                Unfortunately i don't own any other squeeky leather items
                Maybe it's another one of Carols... mindfucks.

Comment

• dndy1840
                  • Sep 2008

Usually, over time, it should stop squeeking naturally, as the leather gets more more supple.
                  Shoe shiner, wax or even better leather beauty cream can help.

Now, you made the point : experimenting on a CCP item is srsly mindfuck.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                    yes, yes.

i believe osn19 has it; do you ever wear the thing?
                    I think he once posted a picture wearing it.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ardeetee
                      • Apr 2007

^ very interested in seeing that if someone has it

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ardeetee View Post
                        ^ very interested in seeing that if someone has it
                        I'm at work and I can't paste the image in my post. But I believe it's the one on this page It's ugly.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I think it's a piece that can be done "right" and worn casually like our friend on here has accomplished with one of the current season leathers. It's been one of those pieces at the top of my list of Carol wants ever since I caught wind of it. The photos posted by CDG above are probably the best shots I've seen of the jacket ever.

This jacket and the elk black with white overlock that Drexl sold on here and that I missed are wonderful examples of Carol's leatherwork.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

I think a modified version of it could look good. The abdominal area is the most unappealing to me. Not feeling the horizontal oval of leather. The hood/wrap would need some adjustments as well. A color change couldn't hurt. I'm sure there are great qualities when seen up close. A good starting point, but nothing near the mastery of this years gloved leather.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                              I think a modified version of it could look good. The abdominal area is the most unappealing to me. Not feeling the horizontal oval of leather. The hood/wrap would need some adjustments as well. A color change couldn't hurt. I'm sure there are great qualities when seen up close. A good starting point, but nothing near the mastery of this years gloved leather.

I admit that I haven't had a chance to handle either in person... a trip out to LA is long long long overdue. The gloved leather this year looks stunning for sure, I think the fully jointed jacket is a lovely example of Carol taking a concept and pushing it as far as he could take it with major jointing at all the moving parts of the upper body. To be able to do this with leather is really something. With worn photos quite scarce of an already scarce piece, it's hard to see and/or say how it looks worn on a daily "regular" basis. I'd be happy to do it though!

Like Arto and others have said though, the most effortless leather from Carol is quite likely the fencing. It's Carol at his best and most minimalistic yet still distinctly aggressive. The overlocks are also lovely casual pieces but the stitchwork (what "makes" them, them) makes them stand out so much more as an entity unto themselves.

Of course most of Carol's work is made not to complement the wearer but to use the wearer's body as a breathing mannequin to display his works. Personally I love that old SZ adage of the "push-pull fuck you" that Carol's work evokes. It's truly the best.

My heart skips a beat every time something new is posted in this thread.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Trebre
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

Of course most of Carol's work is made not to complement the wearer but to use the wearer's body as a breathing mannequin to display his works. Personally I love that old SZ adage of the "push-pull fuck you" that Carol's work evokes. It's truly the best.

My heart skips a beat every time something new is posted in this thread.
                                Know exactly what you mean.
                                I followed his work for a long long time now and he was the one who got me into this mess from the start.

I actually think this years gloved leather is a very easy piece to pull off.
                                It may come across like psychokiller stuff in the pics.
                                But it's so brilliantly cut so it sort of molds itself to your being (the black spiderman suit) making it seem natural as if you never ever been wearing anything else.
                                I wear it to kindergarten picking up the kids and noone raises an eyebrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎