X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

the kangaroo high collar gloved jkt is amazing, it's definitely not as boxy as the donkey leather, it's softer and mold to the body better.

There is another fabric, called "left" in the suits. It,s from ss08 if not mistaken that I saw.. Can't remember the composition.. But it's quite intersting... it has the characteristic of a denim, will crease after many wear.

Originally posted by snafu View Post

The donkey leather jacket A has has also been made out of an amazing Kangaroo leather, which is surreal far thinner which allows a better fit for the body.
    He is also using a super lightweight silk cotton that creases around the wearer like nothing iv seen the closest thing iv seen to this is some of sarti's scarves.

The womans pieces are amazing really but damm the armholes are cut high, i can fit a 42 but i think i have too much muscle on my arm for a comfortable fit.

I think carols fabrics are getting far more... outplaced i guess; he is taking fabrics that are extremely technical and that we may have seen before but applying them totally out of their original context. I realize this is what he has been about for many seasons even the rice sack garment bags have always been there but this year seems far more advanced in terms of this.

Comment

• anatomicut
      • Jun 2009

hi
      fenrost
      the kangaroo high collar gloved jkt
      you mean this 2010ss season new one.

is it already in the shop?

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

Snaf as far as I can remember the eta farbric is a cotton/ramie blend. It's supercoarse and has a rough touch to it. Isn't your coat made of cotton ramie too? I assume the eta fabric was something like 50/50...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

one of my coats is ramie from i think 06/07 but its soft not harsh, it has a slight sheen and moulds to the wearer... honestly its a understated beautiful piece.

that is the kangaroo leather only 8 have been made (so far)
          It feels like the development of the donkey... or possibly just the summer version ;) in a no season collection. The leather is thin so it doesn't bulk in the sleeve from the elbow down.

Im not sure what fabrics im thinking of in my previous post i should really check those labels, but he has used the very coarse lightweight fabrics for suiting and thumbglove blazers. These are totally unlined also making the garments shockingly light.

All im saying now is carol's fabrics are stunning , but they don't all work for wearing everyday. Some are so stiff and harsh against the skin, beautiful none the less.

He has also done some nice shirts which are glue seamed and the glue is between the layer parts of the shirt; collar, cuffs, placket its a simple idea but actually looks very nice. I have also tried on the shirt jumpsuit thing ( you step into the shirt ) now that is funny.

Im just waiting another month now for the new year.

Comment

• fenrost
            Banned
            • Mar 2009

yes, ccp have already start sending womens ccp to the retails

that is the kangaroo leather only 8 have been made (so far)
            It feels like the development of the donkey... or possibly just the summer version ;) in a no season collection. The leather is thin so it doesn't bulk in the sleeve from the elbow down.

definitely.. the weight of the kangaroo leather makes this jacket much more transeasonal, which

havent grown to love flapping pockets tho..

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

indeed i much prefer the gusset inset into the body to give the pocket a form of three dimension. Like the fencing at the top of this page.
              Although have seen the fencing and the new kangaroo, the kangaroo leather is mind blowing more interesting, but i feel the fencing has a simplistic purist design quality.

Fenfrost did you purchase the new leather,,,,, the retail is pretty fucking nuts.
              I have yet to see the cape he has done, in person. Have you seen this piece.

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

imo, the kangaroo > both fencing and the classic.

because of versatility

the high collar are more flexible and can fold down easily. and the gloves? you can hide them.

with permission.. here's a pic.. but you can see it's less stiffer,
                *img removed*

i dint get the jkt.. a steezy lady got it.

as for the price, i think it's cheaper than the donkeys.. but still up there.

I have yet to see the cape he has done, in person. Have you seen this piece.
                yea, i saw the cape, they can be worn so much way than i thought so, hard to describe, they are fantastic in person.
                Last edited by fenrost; 03-03-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

really thats a different color i saw the white greyish one, which i think was around the €4500 mark. Could be wrong, don't quote me on it.
                  I am actually surprised at how well the gloves work on the jacket. Honestly though im not sure i would call this leather a classic possibly in pure glazed white it could be but otherwise i am not sure. Really i don't think any classic pieces are really from this year it seemed to be a year of getting used to a new system and really just experimentation of ideas he has done before and developing materials.
                  I seemed to have tried everything apart from the cape which is the piece i wanted to see the most
                  Its really annoying because i fall in between a 42 and a 44 a 42 fits perfect apart from the armholes are deadly high, i'm going to see what leathers appear in the new year and see if its possible to get a 42 with a dropped armhole.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

in my book the high collar coats this season are pretty close to classic status. extremely wearable as well. the overdyed cotton suit is also classic material imo, but then again its nothing that new really.

I really liked this season, some very wearable pieces that still had something interesting going on. for example the curved seam trousers, not the chainseam ones nor the overly twisted ones with seams rotating all around the legs, but the moderately curved ones. still waiting for my pair to arrive.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      in my book the high collar coats this season are pretty close to classic status. extremely wearable as well. the overdyed cotton suit is also classic material imo, but then again its nothing that new really.

I really liked this season, some very wearable pieces that still had something interesting going on. for example the curved seam trousers, not the chainseam ones nor the overly twisted ones with seams rotating all around the legs, but the moderately curved ones. still waiting for my pair to arrive.
                      The trousers you mention are lovely and I was sorely tempted by them in the Library but due to my hairy legs I had to leave the chainseams as they fluctuated being unsightly for others and uncomfortable for me.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                        the kangaroo high collar gloved jkt is amazing, it's definitely not as boxy as the donkey leather, it's softer and mold to the body better.

There is another fabric, called "left" in the suits. It,s from ss08 if not mistaken that I saw.. Can't remember the composition.. But it's quite intersting... it has the characteristic of a denim, will crease after many wear.
                        (Apologies for what could easily be a stupid question) - Do you know if he's doing the kangaroo high collar gloved jacket in black? I'm still thinking of getting the donkey version but would never get both.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

really thats a different color i saw the white greyish one, which i think was around the €4500 mark. Could be wrong, don't quote me on it.
                          I am actually surprised at how well the gloves work on the jacket. Honestly though im not sure i would call this leather a classic possibly in pure glazed white it could be but otherwise i am not sure. Really i don't think any classic pieces are really from this year it seemed to be a year of getting used to a new system and really just experimentation of ideas he has done before and developing materials.
                          I seemed to have tried everything apart from the cape which is the piece i wanted to see the most
                          Its really annoying because i fall in between a 42 and a 44 a 42 fits perfect apart from the armholes are deadly high, i'm going to see what leathers appear in the new year and see if its possible to get a 42 with a dropped armhole.
                          yeah, the price is more or less around there.

i mean in terms of, as an individual pieces, i would personally choose the kangaroo high collar gloved than the classic/fencing jackets.

agree with the techniques, so far from what i have seen from the female 2010.. its impressive... some are weird. i havent seen the coats yet, but from what i have heard.. it's definitely the highlights... alot of improvement from the 2009 coats..

definitely looking forward what ccp will bring for the mens 2010.

Comment

• anatomicut
                            • Jun 2009

hi
                            fenrost
                            i,m really interested in the leather jk that you wear.
                            can i get more big pics please.
                            and is it color 10 10-i mean black on black
                            i,m really want that piece cause fw donkey one is too bulky
                            what shop is it ?

Comment

• fenrost
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                              (Apologies for what could easily be a stupid question) - Do you know if he's doing the kangaroo high collar gloved jacket in black? I'm still thinking of getting the donkey version but would never get both.
                              for the mens? no idea. we will know around march i guess. but alot of ideas/technique/fabrics have been shared between the men and women's line.

anyway, men can wear anything from the women's line.. they can be quite unisex

as for the donkey leather, it's great, it all boils down to personal liking..., it's thick, and belong to certain climate.
                              Last edited by fenrost; 02-13-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by anatomicut View Post
                                hi
                                fenrost
                                i,m really interested in the leather jk that you wear.
                                can i get more big pics please.
                                and is it color 10 10-i mean black on black
                                i,m really want that piece cause fw donkey one is too bulky
                                what shop is it ?
                                it's gone.... i can't get anymore pics. yes, so far only a few were made, i am sure there will be more production of it.

it's 10-10 jet black, i believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎