Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

as the new soles have been discussed in quite a bit of detai,l i thought it would be useful to post a clearer picture...here's a shot of the 'airmax' sole used on the classic seamless tornado, also another example of the titanium which generally i don't like, but its not too bad in this boot

you never want to step in dog shit, but doing it in these, would with the new sole, would not be fun....

Last edited by eton97; 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM.
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

one of my favourite pieces from the new collection.....parka in all its ccp deliciousness...

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

the new style derby.....fugly
        Last edited by eton97; 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Those soles are butt-ugly. Next stop, Nike Shox.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

re new style derbies: wha? wow. looks like some kind of orifice. or folded skin. which i guess it is. but this looks somehow moist? alive and possibly aroused? yow....

so, in that picture of the coat up there posted by poltergeist did u guys happen to notice the little finger glove things in the lower right background? little finger doodoos? yeah thats what u don't want to step on in the new airmax soles...
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

shame these don't come with the airmax sole.....that would have been me done for footwear this season

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

so i make a lot of little jokes but in all seriousness i quite like this collection. sure a good deal of what we talk about are the conceptual pieces. just keep in mind this is conceptual. if i go to a car show and see the new bmw concept car i'm going to look at it, admire the technological progression, examine the real world applications, marvel at the artistic design and then go look at the new 3-series because thats what i'm going to buy. its the same thing here.

btw copacetic's post 2 pages back or so was spot on. i agreed with every bit of it. surprised no one else chimed in on it.

edit: theres the fuckin trash can boot i've been looking everywhere for that pic and our discussion about it. it had been mysteriously censored out of sz....
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

yes copacetic brought up the oft-overlooked issue of carol's contempt for the wearer. i would say that this is to a large degree an aesthetic/artistic stance and is one of the aspects of carol that some misconstrue as elitism. this contempt has interesting parallels in music: iggy pop, roger waters, etc.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

Agreed CJ....just having a tease at some of the more conceptual pieces....on a serious note, his trousers/pants are some of the best parts of the collection......

Comment

• ink
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                      one of my favourite pieces from the new collection.....parka in all its ccp deliciousness...

this is from selfedge collection

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Seems to me that many of the ideas and shapes for these soles are drawn from earlier designs of prosthetic feet.....................

the titanium hints reinforces that idea........
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

The dead end overlocked jeans are a construction marvel to say the least. Extrapolating from the side views of the white pair and the back view of the blue pair it looks like almost the entirety of the pants is a singular piece of fabric since the fabric must be continuous between the dead end seams. Since it is like this at the seat of the pants as well as both sides, the piece must be huge and the pattern is awesome.

Incredible work right there. Would be interested in seeing more views of the dead end coat but I imagine for tailoring/contouring reasons the vertical underarm seams are classic ones with the whole back panel being a singular item with the dead end seams.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Eton - Is the jacket in the first pic leather? Looks like a nice, solid piece.
                            Overlock jeans will amaze in person. The construction is so involved. I believe they're availabe in a dropped version as well.

The footwear has been a huge fail this time around. I do like the leather used on those Tornados. But the sole and metal kill it. Of course you can get them without the titanium.
                            Those are the derbies I was speaking about with the excessive leather. They're reminiscent of an organ, though I can't recall which one. Something I've seen at work recently, I'm sure. Maybe they'll grow on me. It took some time for the dipped sneaks to appeal to me.

Elitism and Poell.. what a wasteful conversation. Strong points AKA. Place head to toe Poell next to D&G and the world will think you're homeless.

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

P - its a fabric version of the asymetrical high neck leather

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Contempt for the wearer = ungreatful creator.................
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎