Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Perhaps from many different sources. I know that in 2009, some of the fabric for CCP was from a Kyoto textile manufacturer called Materialism in the traditional Nishijin weaver's district. They produce fabric for several historically important names in fashion, and also some lesser known couture houses. They also collaborate with the designers to make custom fabrics, woven on an old 160cm loom which was historically used to make the fabric for kimonos and obis. Perhaps CCP made some custom fabrics, I do not know, but I wouldn't be surprised. His collections are always very interesting texturally. In particular, I love the TEER and GITTER fabrics from 2007's Dis-Jointed.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ I was kidding, actually :-) I think we get carried away with details sometimes.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

Lol, very true, guilty of that myself. Well i find his fabrics a lot more interesting than his zippers! anyway, looking forward to more 2010 deliveries. i wish Chegini and KH had websites...was the 2010 collection shown at the new KH store? I remember hearing about that a few months back.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

gotta luv zipperz talk
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Macro
            • Apr 2008

I'm an unzipped fly, and I don't know why
            every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
              Lol, very true, guilty of that myself. Well i find his fabrics a lot more interesting than his zippers! anyway, looking forward to more 2010 deliveries. i wish Chegini and KH had websites...was the 2010 collection shown at the new KH store? I remember hearing about that a few months back.
              Kurt moved to a new location? I've still yet to hear much of anything about KH let alone see things there.

Very interesting information in regards to the fabric that Carol has used in the past. The Morph fabric is another interesting one which definitely required a lot of attention to be paid to pattern placement on the fabric for cutting to ensure even transition points down the pants/jackets/coats done in the fabric. Really great work and attention to detail.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

I remember one member posting about how they were building a new store, and even showed some interior pics of the new location...and news that CCP would show the 2010 collection at the opening party. I haven't been, but i've seen him around a couple times and know his reputation for being a very strong buyer with a great shop.

I haven't handled any "morph" pieces, but from the close-up shots it looks very interesting. I remember some pages back there were big closeup pictures of different fabrics - that was great. Would love to see a followup with the 2009 and 2010 collection pieces...sadly I won't have much to contribute to that yet, I'm still trying to collect '07 and '08 pieces.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                  Fabrics are great - I said "thread" :-)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tgadd
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Fabrics are great - I said "thread" :-)
                    As anyone who has sewn a buttonhole knows, thread is important too!

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by seenmy View Post

. . . this would only really have potential to cause issue where the zipper is also passing through a curve like on the boots . . . pretty sure that ccp would fix it . . . granted it would take 6 months...
                      Regarding boots with zippers that curve, I tried these on at L'Eclaireur a while back, only to leave empty-handed and cursing the heartless gods of hand-cobbled footwear for allowing the last pair in stock to be half a motherf*%#in' size too small.

Considering recent discussion on the breakage ratio to be highest on curving zips – and these being the mother of all zippers a la Poell footwear – perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. Or at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself. And if I'm wrong, nobody correct me.

sain't

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Illest women's boots out. Even trumping tall Guidi's. So good.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I think the connecting sole kills it. Less is more.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

ah.. I love the bridge. Normally I'd agree but I don't see it as over-kill. Just enough to set it apart. Never saw them in person, though.

Comment

• Magic1
                              • Jan 2011

I agree, the connecting sole detracts. Still awesome, but the connecting sole works better on the derbies, imo.

Still, amazing boot.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Have the cobbler cut the connecting piece!

Lovely boots though. Would love to see them worn.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎