Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

I don't know. I got hit on my bike yesterday by a car. Think I would have felt a lot better about the whole thing if I owned some titanium'd up CCP pieces. Though probably not if I had been wearing them at the time, but knowing that they are in my closet definitely would have made me feel better esp. while waiting to hear how much the damages are going to cost.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

lol @ pizza hut "we have pizza" analogy
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

haha. I admit the analogy is not perfect but the picture was funny. I just think that deeming it simply a protective element is a bit too vague, particularly as he used a biomaterial like titanium.

I instantly thought of prosthesis / biomechatronics when I saw the titanium peek from the "skin" (or in this case leather). like Christian said, Carol wants the clothing to have an anatomy of its own.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Prezens
          • Aug 2011

poell's oxfords and derbies would make the perfect piece to add to a still life drawing. so much character
          One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

If anything I could see it used more offensively than for protection. It's certainly relates to armor but without the rest I really wouldn't classify it as such.
            Anatomically it makes more sense on the pants (knee caps). Who knows.

Comment

• spiral jetty
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

have you ever heard anyone have a gold or silver plate in their head?

joseph beuys did not, lex barker did (silver).

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                haha. I admit the analogy is not perfect but the picture was funny. I just think that deeming it simply a protective element is a bit too vague, particularly as he used a biomaterial like titanium.

I instantly thought of prosthesis / biomechatronics when I saw the titanium peek from the "skin" (or in this case leather). like Christian said, Carol wants the clothing to have an anatomy of its own.
                I want crouka now to write a treatise on how H.R.Giger influences Poell, so we can start more urban legends.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• crouka
                  • Jul 2007

^I'd like to leave that to you.

he once said in a little interview he was interested in designing things used in the orthopaedic field, artificial body parts - prosthesis.

his research on the body and further interest in it could make him have something a bit similar to "the first metaphysical tendency of children" ( baudelaire, la morale du joujou ).
                  if it had been somewhat reflected in the collections, creative and legal substitutes, his own microcosm, it might have been sometimes as "disjointed", at another times as "isolation of anatomical fragments". or as an attempt to make the invisible/internal visible ( eg, exposed titanium shell ), etc.

Last edited by crouka; 10-08-2011, 09:35 AM. Reason: one more pic

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

Spent the last few days reading over most of this thread. I'm only attracted to a few CCP pieces (which are unobtanium for me at this point). For the most part he does nothing for me. However, I will say that this thread is full of some fantastic discussion. Within these 500 something pages are years worth of debate, over every facet of 'fashion'. If anything, I'm glad CCP has, on some level, opened up this dialogue.

That's my contribution to this thread now that I've caught up so to speak. Looking forward to his next season so I can approach it with this history in mind.

Comment

• trentk
                      • Oct 2010

a brief thought on poell's clothes taking on a life of their own (prosthetics, pants standing up by themselves, gloves looking as if they're animate objects etc...), the oppressive/domineering relationship between clothes/wearer, and clothing as language ("Clothing is a means of self expression for people, it is an idiom; I give them some words" - poell):

this all makes sense in light of heidegger's "we don't speak language, language speaks us". poell reverses the relationship between clothes/wearer as heidegger reverses the relationship between language/speaker.
                      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

CCP FE-MALE COLLECTION VIEWING AT MOTELSALIERI

MONDAY OCT. 31

Comment

• Umami
                          • Sep 2010

Can any members show some photos of the new female collection ?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ funny guy
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JetLag
                              • Jul 2008

Sure:
                              Originally posted by danman
                              If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• crouka
                                • Jul 2007

personally I like that naive but abstruse quaint poesy which I don't see in the terminator automata.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎